10+ Year Old Account

Coming back after 11 months...

So I left the game for 11 months, quite a feat!

In all seriousness though, what do I need to now. I left before the shipyard.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Deleted
    leave again for 11 months

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly you didn't retire for good

Well, first is to pick up your shipyard quests in your Garrison. Next is to do the quests to open Tanaan, which is the best way to get oil for your shipyard. Then start doing LFR or normal or whatever level of raid you want to do in order to farm out your ring...

my advice would be , don't. just wait for legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Archypew View Post
    my advice would be , don't. just wait for legion.
    Better yet, wait until the last patch of Legion and you'll probably get a good 2-3 months out of the game.

unsub, trust me on this one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Clearly you didn't retire for good

Well, first is to pick up your shipyard quests in your Garrison. Next is to do the quests to open Tanaan, which is the best way to get oil for your shipyard. Then start doing LFR or normal or whatever level of raid you want to do in order to farm out your ring...
    if you do this you will hate the game just get the 710 pvp gear skip raid finder

Did you like the garrison?
    Because the shipyard is basically the same thing but more annoying due to the fact your ships get destroyed a lot and have to relevel them.
    Did you like timeless island?
    Because tanaan is basically the same thing with a few more dailies but rares can be killed once a day not all day long.
    Do you like doing dailies and rep grinds?
    Because that is the main point and thing to do there.
    Did you like the legendary cloak grind in mop?
    Because the ring is basically the same thing but lfr offers much worse gear than it did in mop and pugs won't take you without the ring, I high item level and usually also the ahead of the curve achievement.

All these factors should be taken into account if returning or one will be quite displeased. Only good thing is if you have some gold can play for free using gold nowadays and buy the tokens. Might be worth one months token to see if you like it.

If your goal is too come back and make a bunch of gold before Legion, then it's worth coming back, otherwise I would suggest staying unsubbed until the pre-patch, and this is from someone that is currently subbed o.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Just stay unsubbed until pre-patch.

You will thank us.

Play Vanilla WoW.
    Thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepresident View Post
    leave again for 11 months

This man speaks troofs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Did you like the garrison?
    Because the shipyard is basically the same thing but more annoying due to the fact your ships get destroyed a lot and have to relevel them.
    Did you like timeless island?
    Because tanaan is basically the same thing with a few more dailies but rares can be killed once a day not all day long.
    Do you like doing dailies and rep grinds?
    Because that is the main point and thing to do there.
    Did you like the legendary cloak grind in mop?
    Because the ring is basically the same thing but lfr offers much worse gear than it did in mop and pugs won't take you without the ring, I high item level and usually also the ahead of the curve achievement.

All these factors should be taken into account if returning or one will be quite displeased. Only good thing is if you have some gold can play for free using gold nowadays and buy the tokens. Might be worth one months token to see if you like it.
    Actually the Shityard is way much beter than when 6.2 comes.On 90% missions your ship will not Sunk anymore on fail.But the OP have to do the pathfinder achievement or he will sit on ground blaming other ppl why they do not wait for killing Big rare mobs .If you have no friends to care you in HFC dont even try to go in PuG chance for invite will be very close to zero and half of the raid do not have any idea how to kill simple bosses like Iskar or Killrog

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't advise coming back. You'll see all the current endgame systems for what they are very quickly, you'll feel intellectually insulted and entirely unfulfilled by the effort-to-reward ratio (i.e. even when you're getting showered in gold and epics from the garrison and it's quick and dead-simple, it still feels like a miserable, sloggish waste of time. Don't even get started on Tanaan.) and it'll leave a bad taste in your mouth for Legion. Then you'll just have to sit around clicking menus another seven months.

Honestly, do yourself a huge favour while you've got a clean break and stay away until the game's worth your time again.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP is asking for advice on what to do because they are coming back. Instead of anyone giving advice, it's just been a big thread of whining and complaining about how awful you think the game is.

Closing.