• Makes Sense

16 26.23%
  • Doesn't Make Sense

45 73.77%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I view a Muslim woman wearing a hijab as no different than a Christian woman wearing a crucifix necklace, sporting a rosary bracelet, or affecting plain or conservative dress (e.g. in the case of a Mennonite or the Amish). I don't think religious garb should be mandated by the State in any capacity - either for or against, it should be the personal choice of a person of faith to wear such garb or to not wear it. It certainly isn't passive terrorism, and I think the majority of people think nothing of it.

Also of note, there are several religions that prescribe a head-covering - Sikhism, Judaism, Taoism, Buddism, and several Christian sects such as Eastern Orthodoxy, Mennonites, Catholicism, etc. Are any of them automatically seen as terrorism, even passive? Seems kind of unfair to single out the turban, taqiyah, or hijab.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The hijab culture is one of the important steps leading to people becoming terrorists:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Also of note, there are several religions that prescribe a head-covering - Sikhism, Judaism, Taoism, Buddism, and several Christian sects such as Eastern Orthodoxy, Mennonites, Catholicism, etc.
    Why would you call these? Are you saying people who are member of those religions are as faithful as someone who only believes in himself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
    Why would you call these? Are you saying people who are member of those religions are as faithful as someone who only believes in himself?
    I'm just saying that the hijab appears to be singled out as a symbol of "passive terrorism" when it is, in effect, no different from any other religion's prescription of a mode or article of dress. Faith or the lack thereof isn't of consequence, it should be a personal choice to wear such a symbol of faith and it shouldn't be seen as anything other than an expression of that faith. End of story.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It certainly doesn't do any favors for trying to blend in with society, especially when it's not a universal thing for Muslim women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

i think the hijab itself is a form of passive terrorism. seeing one definitely makes me feel uneasy.

i certainly fear a day when i might be forced into one. i'll kill myself before i allow that to happen, but yeah.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-02-23 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm just saying that the hijab appears to be singled out as a symbol of "passive terrorism" when it is, in effect, no different from any other religion's prescription of a mode or article of dress. Faith or the lack thereof isn't of consequence, it should be a personal choice to wear such a symbol of faith and it shouldn't be seen as anything other than an expression of that faith. End of story.
    The difference id say though is generally most of those items are either quite small or culturally normal in the areas we are talking about. They don't make you stand out.

When in Rome do as the Romans do type of thing within acceptable limits. I mean, if I travel somewhere, I'm going to at dress at least somewhat close to the locals. And going by how a hijab is not universal amongst Muslims like in Malaysia or Turkey, I'm sure there's something they could wear to not stand out.

I do consciously make sure to not judge someone by what they wear and idk anything about this study, but I do still find it curious the difference there. I mean I have no problem being around someone with a hijab but idk many who wouldn't at least notice it even if there was no judging involved at all.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2016-02-23 at 10:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I say no its not. Its a piece of cloth, just like the Confed Flag and folks can find different meanings in a piece of cloth.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    The difference id say though is generally most of those items are either quite small or culturally normal in the areas we are talking about. They don't make you stand out.

When in Rome do as the Romans do type of thing within acceptable limits. I mean, if I travel somewhere, I'm going to at dress at least somewhat close to the locals. And going by how a hijab is not universal amongst Muslims like in Malaysia or Turkey, I'm sure there's something they could wear to not stand out.
    I guess I find it odd to reconcile the pioneer and multicultural spirit of America (in specific) with the idea that one needs to keep silent, follow the trends, and try not to stand out. I think of the Irish proudly displaying their kilts, Christians with their rosaries or crucifixes, and people of all nationalities, creeds, religions, or ethnicity being able to demonstrate and take pride in their heritage. There are of course limits, but I don't think the hijab or even the burqa qualifies so long *as they are the choice of the person and not any government entity*. Expecting a foreign locale to kowtow to your religion's social or moral restrictions is another matter, but being able to affect the dress of your heritage should be fine.

That makes no sense, how is that possible for it to be terrorism? All they should have to do is follow rules if others have take off what they have on the head they should have to take the hijab off too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i think the hijab itself is a form of passive terrorism. seeing one definitely makes me feel uneasy.

i certainly fear a day when i might be forced into one. i'll kill myself before i allow that to happen, but yeah.
    Flip the situation: fight for the cause of matriarchy and force us males to wear hijabs!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

"Dr. Tawfik Hamid's knowledge about radical Islam is crucial to understanding and defeating it." —Ambassador R. James Woolsey, former Director, Central Intelligence

"Inside Jihad is mandatory reading for everyone who wants to understand the reality of the threats the world faces. You must know your enemy to defeat the enemy, and Dr. Hamid knows the enemy as only a former jihadist could know." —David G. Major, retired FBI executive, founder, Centre for Counterintelligence and Security Studies

"Containing and effectively nullifying Islamist theology will be this century’s greatest challenge, for Muslims and non-Muslims alike, and Inside Jihad can fortify anyone who commits to this daunting task." —Dr. Salim Mansur, Associate Professor, Political Science, University of Western Ontario, Canada

Source: quotes for his book at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Jihad-R...G0H1MTQ8PYEHYB

When Dr. Tawfik Hamid says hijabs are passive terrorism, you better believe it. He has the qualifications, knowledge and experience to back up what he is saying. Do any of you?

How about a new poll on how constantly talking about Terrorism is passive Terrorism?

This excerpt from the book;

“the hijab is not simply a clothing accessory. It harbors deep Islamic doctrinal connections to slavery and discrimination. Western women [visiting Middle Eastern countries] who cover themselves are unwittingly endorsing an inhumane system. Within Salafi Islam, the hijab serves to differentiate between slave girls and women who are considered free. In this sense, it creates a feeling of superiority among the women who wear it (and their men) over women who do not”.

So basically when you see a Muslim wearing a hijab, she is saying I am superior to you (you who deserve to be a slave and killed).

Essentially you are allowing a whole religion of people to wear klu klux klan caps around you.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-02-24 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hamid’s chapter “is no more than Islamophobic propaganda and should not have been included in any kind of government training material or published research,” Kundnani said.
    My favourite part of the arcticle.

Deleted
    If women can take off the Hijab whenever they wanted i woulnd have a problem with it.
    Problem is most of time they cant, or they will get in family trouble.
    Thus its oppression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    If women can take off the Hijab whenever they wanted i woulnd have a problem with it.
    Thus its oppression.
    You lie! You want to restrict them! You want them to not educate their offspring with their values! You look down on them! Stop this! This is pure racism!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    No, but the relevant experts cited in the article as disagreeing with his remarks on this subject do.
    ive learned "experts" dont mean jackshit when bias is involved (that goes for both sides).
    My sister as a theologist managed to write a paper that got a 10 for her MSC that stated Sharia would not be a danger to the western way of living.
    Not because shariah in other countries is the opposite of what we value, but because she interviewd 10 different people that made her question what shariah embodied. And thus her conclusion was "Shariah is not a bunch of laws perse, its a utopian idea that is too vague to determine wether or not its a danger to our western way of living".

All she had to do is watch Shariah in practise and compare the practises to our norms and morals. But shes an SJW.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-02-24 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    It is very simple.
    If a muslim woman takes off her hijab, she will be physically assaulted by her husband and family.
    She will also be expelled from her community, friends and family for refusing to obey their cultural traditions.
    She will never be able to find a job in that muslim community, and she will lose her children.
    She will have to move out of that community and abandon her entire previous life, all friends and family.

There is no choice for muslim women, they MUST wear the hijab.
    Or face the life ruining consequences that come with disobeying their culture/religion.
    Oh noes! Now all the women in my family who don't wear the Hijab must be expelled. Why? Because some ignorant fool says so.

- - - Updated - - -

So let me clarify something for the ignorant fools on this website.

The Hijab is not mandatory. A vast majority of women in the Muslim world do not wear the Hijab.

Thank you.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Thus its oppression.
    "Most of time" =/= "all the time".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.