Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    For 30 you don't really need to plan much if you just use low ilevel gear apart from trinkets and maybe weapons, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

They start very low if you cheese gear(use low ilevel stuff in most slots to drag the average way down), so even though it scales up, if the starting point is low enough it takes a while before it becomes very challenging. For example when I did my 30 endless for every role and cheesed it with low ilevel gear, it honestly felt more like bronze or silver than it did gold. It was an absolute joke, I had so much time left over after every single wave except sometimes the "big sha dude with damage reduction" ones. The hardest thing was the banshees.
    Sorry bump. When you say low Ilvl gear is that Ilvl 600 or even lower? Having say Ilvl 620 make that much difference? Do still need to do Wave10-30.

Edit: Nvm I see that it starting scaling from Ivl 615, and takes snapshot of all your gear + inventory. So one should get Ilvl 615 gear with good stats + use best weapon and trinkets...is this correct?
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2016-03-02 at 07:43 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    the lowest you can have is 600. I don't think it snapshots your inventory but not sure. the good thing about 600 gear is that you can use MoP enchants and when your average Ilvl is low the value of buffood, the rocket and flasks is increased greatly. As a melee I always used a low Ilvl weapon, so did Frag. I saw CJ use a high I lvl weapon and a low lvl offhand, I can't tell you exactly why he did it but I suppose it's because of the spellpower. If you want to be one the safe side and don't aim for 200+ waves just get a 600 - 610 weapon. High Ilvl trinkets are the key to success!!

Deleted
    How are you spamming chi torpedo?

This is all Endurance.

That trinket is doing most of the work for him.

Impressive but not that impressive

Top World Raiding guilds would probably like him. They appreciate people who don't loose their cool after doing the same thing for 12+ hours.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadli View Post
    As a melee I always used a low Ilvl weapon, so did Frag. I saw CJ use a high I lvl weapon and a low lvl offhand, I can't tell you exactly why he did it but I suppose it's because of the spellpower.
    The system values your main hand and off hand slot equally in terms of scaling. So in the case of caster dps it is generally optimal to equip a high ilvl 1 hand weapon with a low ilvl off hand. For example if you use a 730 mh and a 600 oh it will give the same amount of scaling as a 665 2 handed weapon. This is the only situation that it is worthwhile to use high ilvl weapons.

Deleted
    Haha, grats. Impressive consistency!

Wish they would make it so you can skip all but the last 20 or so levels you've reached before.

Not sure how the new proving grounds relates to the old mists one, but how does enemy HP pools scale? How would they still be within range of being able to be DPSed down after 300 levels?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Sorry bump. When you say low Ilvl gear is that Ilvl 600 or even lower? Having say Ilvl 620 make that much difference? Do still need to do Wave10-30.

Edit: Nvm I see that it starting scaling from Ivl 615, and takes snapshot of all your gear + inventory. So one should get Ilvl 615 gear with good stats + use best weapon and trinkets...is this correct?
    I decided to finally do my DPS challenge after I saw the WR. Did it as a hunter, marksmanship, with every heirloom I had, haste trinket + tentacle trinket, normal heirloom bow (no weapon from garrosh) and it was a walk in the park. I got down to ~630 ilvl, didn't need any sort of preparation stratwise because every mob died in 2 seconds(obviously exaggerated, but they died really fast).

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Not sure how the new proving grounds relates to the old mists one, but how does enemy HP pools scale? How would they still be within range of being able to be DPSed down after 300 levels?
    The HP pool stops going higher after wave 255 iirc

350? Holy shit I got to 28 on my hunter, screwed up something stupid and never went back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    How are you spamming chi torpedo?
    I'm using the glyph of victory roll!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    THat takes skill and patience, congratulations! We should advertise this to Blizz so we can all abuse you as a monk follower in Legion
    That would be great yes

Quote Originally Posted by saltyphry View Post
    The system values your main hand and off hand slot equally in terms of scaling. So in the case of caster dps it is generally optimal to equip a high ilvl 1 hand weapon with a low ilvl off hand. For example if you use a 730 mh and a 600 oh it will give the same amount of scaling as a 665 2 handed weapon. This is the only situation that it is worthwhile to use high ilvl weapons.
    wow, I haven't known that thanks for the information. I might try PG's with some different classes in the future and this is really valuable advice
    Last edited by mmoc329d972397; 2016-03-03 at 12:13 AM. Reason: should actually look decent now

This is impressive... I mean my attention span wasn't long enough to watch the video of the final 10 waves. Good on him though.

Hey guys hey guys LOOK he's doing endless wave 350 and it's a new world record!

SEE NO ONE CARES 8]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You cared enough to post how you don't care. Yeah..why post and comment about anything really. Who cares about completing all achievements? Who cares about datamining Legion stuff. Who cares? Why did you care to register? You cared enough on some topic to make 1071 replies. Why care?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, but you know..if you don't care to do it, it is not content ^^
    So you are really expecting someone to care, it's right there.... Ok freak show.

Quote Originally Posted by Harekrsna View Post
    Check pointing would defeat the purpose entirely of the proving ground.

The impressive part about it is being able to consistently defeat an ever increasing challenge of wave for an extended period of time. Skipping x amount of waves and just doing like 10 or 20 waves a day until you beat someone else isn't impressive or even that difficult and anyone half decent could eventually get world best on it.

Having to go through several hundred waves in one sitting without making a single mistake is far more impressive and difficult. Not every gameplay aspect has to be for everyone or even for a large group of people.
    Having to go through 350 waves is impressive in many ways, but it's not really good gameplay design, spending 6 hours killing waves only to spend another 6 hours to get back to that point if you make a mistake, with 4 hours of that being trivial is just crap. Nobody does the proving grounds, on my 2nd try I got rank 4 Warrior in the world and barely dropped ranks at all over months and months.. It took so much time to just do those 85 or so waves that I had no intention of trying again when I failed even though I knew I could go quite a bit higher, I had lost interest out of sheer boredum.

If they said they will set the bar at the player skill level then you have a situation where it can be approachable by anyone and competitive, as Diablo 3 Greater Rifts are. The proving grounds was put in as a teaching tool primarily and they work well for that but the endless single session grind is a gameplay type that appeals to almost nobody, which is why almost nobody does it.

With a checkpoint type system maybe more people would do it. Being unpopular and niche is one thing, but those descriptions are massive understatements when talking about the lack of popularity of Proving Grounds even among top raiders.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-03-10 at 03:55 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Impressive

Only ever did gold once (on a DK) and tried endless up to... nothing worth mentioning.

If I ever did get the hang of it, I would succumb to the aforementioned toilet boss

Deleted
    Hope they fix proving grounds in legion but it's blizzard so they probably don't care. I remember them saying they will do something interesting with pg in wod... yea sure.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    congrats for your patience , srsly i got bored to death when i was getting 30 waves achievement.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

It looks like theres an arms race on with this.

Top 3 are now 646, 500 and 428 waves respectively.

Thats 11 hours 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You cared enough to post how you don't care. Yeah..why post and comment about anything really. Who cares about completing all achievements? Who cares about datamining Legion stuff. Who cares? Why did you care to register? You cared enough on some topic to make 1071 replies. Why care?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, but you know..if you don't care to do it, it is not content ^^
    Doing the EXACT same thing repeatedly is not content.

Deleted
    That was probably the least impressive thing i have ever seen in wow lol.
    The title was so sexy tho.

There's literally no skill involved what so ever, he's waiting 30 seconds on timers just because the content is not properly tuned or scaled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It looks like theres an arms race on with this.

Top 3 are now 646, 500 and 428 waves respectively.

Thats 11 hours 0.o
    Thats sounding more like an exploit then legit gameplay.
    Aint nobody playing PG for 11 hours straight, gtfo lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    That was probably the least impressive thing i have ever seen in wow lol.
    The title was so sexy tho.

There's literally no skill involved what so ever, he's waiting 30 seconds on timers just because the content is not properly tuned or scaled.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats sounding more like an exploit then legit gameplay.
    Aint nobody playing PG for 11 hours straight, gtfo lol.
    You are so ignorant you know that right? The 30 sec waiting is cause he did stuff perfectly. And yes people are sitting down 12 hours for proving grounds.
    Fragdekay's VOD of his run: https://www.twitch.tv/fragnance/v/51347028
    I'm close friends with Shadoweye who is 4th in the list with 306 waves and I can tell you that it's hard to get it done.

If you think there's no skill involved try it yourself and prove it.
    Last edited by Mefistophelis; 2016-03-12 at 02:20 PM.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.