Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Are the drums enough and you think the extra 5% can fuck off?
    yepp that's pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Fun fact: Heroism / Bloodlust was introduced in TBC and trainers taught it at level 68.

On topic: No. It gives shaman some uniqueness. Time Warp should be taken from Mages as well. BL/Hero should be a shaman exclusive spell.
    More classes don't really need it but we don't want to take it from any either as it's just to important of an ability to the whole raid.

Thank you for an unhelpful and unthoughtful reply, it really fuels the thread!
    It does, really. When too many classes can do something, it becomes less important, since you'll seemingly always have that buff. Think like SWTOR, once you complete Act II on a class, you get that class buff across ALL of your toons, so everyone would level one of the mirror classes to that point, so they can have all 4 buffs. The buffs are like wow, single or group, so boom. See a newbie, buff them and they are HOLY SHIT, THANKS!!! Cuz... yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    27% of the classes have a blood lust, but this doesn't help if you can't find a class with a blood lust.
    You can't find a mage or a hunter? Then you aren't looking very far. Those two are the most played classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Reach your arm out in any direction. It'll probably touch at least three hunters before being fully outstretched.

Mages are pretty popular too. It's certainly possible to get a group without either, but you have a pretty high chance of getting one of them.
    Lately whenever I queue up with my mage I get pugged with another mage at least half the time.
    And hero is only important in raids. Yiu have to work for it to not have at least one mage in your group with 25 people.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No way.. Too many classes have it already..

Unique class abilities brings flavour.. Besides, since mages got Timewarp, we've seen over and over, that thye don't possess the ability to use it at the right time.
    And that is a mage only thing how?
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-02-25 at 01:41 PM.

No, not every class should get Bloodlust.

But everyone should have Heroism.

On a serious note: I think there's probably too much of it in the game tight now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    You can't find a mage or a hunter? Then you aren't looking very far. Those two are the most played classes.
    I'm not flying all the way the hell out to shadowmoon and switching specs so you can have your lust, so stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Since Vanilla, Blood Lust has more or less been one of, arguably even the most, powerful single buff for PvE and perhaps even PvP. Whether or not it's truly the best is nil, what most can agree on is that when your group doesn't have a Blood Lust, you really feel that it's missing. Once, only Shaman had this spell, which meant it was Horde-specific. Since TBC, both factions have had access to the spell, but it was still Shaman-specific.

Then, in Cataclysm, Mage and to a smaller degree Hunter also got a Blood Lust. Obviously there's the now the Drums of Fury in WoD, but it's inferior to Blood Lust, if only by 5%.

With drums, technically every class "has a lust", but it's still a bit inferior and ultimately it's best to bring a Shaman or a Mage. Hunters have a lust of their own, but tied to a pet, it's impractical for them to want to use it.

As of now the only other class that got a lust was a class that certainly had no business being the only other class to get a true blood lust, and the buff remains a crucial part of any raid group.

So, the question is this. Should more classes get access to a Blood Lust-styled ability? Should drums simply be buffed to the full 30%? Are the drums enough and you think the extra 5% can fuck off? What other classes should have a blood lust, if any? What would the spell be if they did?

D I S C U S S
    You're the type of player that's bad for MMO's... Not ALL classes should get ALL skills! It's not having certain classes bringing more to the table than others... We already have no group setups with every class bringing half of the buffs as it is :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss back when certain classes brought certain buffs, I'm sure that for "TEH BALANCE!" it makes sense for everyone to consistently have the same buffs...but also if you want to do that then either take the buffs away since everyone has them or just grant all the buffs to people when they enter an instance. It's essentially the same thing.

Classes having unique abilities is what makes it fun to run with different compositions. Oh this time we have a shaman? Sweet! I love Heroism! Or this week we've got a Shadow Priest? Mana Battery!

It gave more variety as opposed to "And now you're ALL the same! Isn't that great! It's super balanced!"
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Might as well remove bloodlust.. or bring it to all specs, because nothing more annoying than having that idiot in your group, or even idiots that seemingly have no idea what Bloodlust is when people spam in chat. So either everyone gets it, or nobody to begin with, It's a core utility that just makes content easier no reason to lock it to certain specs. I'd also remove the Group buffs completely while at it and instead tune everyone around not having these buffs, because f... em, ain't nobody cares for them they are just additional button clutter you press once in a while to rebuff... very fun.
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2016-02-25 at 01:47 PM.

Abilities such as bloodlust/heroism should always be specific to a class, or spec. The fact that mages/shamans/hunters all can do it actually hurts the unique feeling you got when you played shaman back in the day. Each class should bring something that only they have to the table. Otherwise, if everyone had all the same utilities/buffs, then what is the point of even offering classes and specs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Might as well remove bloodlust.. or bring it to all specs, because nothing more annoying than having that idiot in your group, or even idiots that seemingly have no idea what Bloodlust is when people spam in chat. So either everyone gets it, or nobody to begin with, It's a core utility that just makes content easier no reason to lock it to certain specs. I'd also remove the Group buffs completely while at it and instead tune everyone around not having these buffs, because f... em, ain't nobody cares for them they are just additional button clutter you press once in a while to rebuff... very fun.
    If everyone get's the ability it is more likely that there is an idiot with the ability, it's almost certain. Would have to turn it into a selfbuff to make that work.

Quote Originally Posted by Privs View Post
    Abilities such as bloodlust/heroism should always be specific to a class, or spec. The fact that mages/shamans/hunters all can do it actually hurts the unique feeling you got when you played shaman back in the day. Each class should bring something that only they have to the table. Otherwise, if everyone had all the same utilities/buffs, then what is the point of even offering classes and specs?
    I figure they added it to mages and hunters since back then Alliance didn't have that much shaman players for obvious reasons.

Not really, maybe make it so that all hunters have BL instead of only a spec? Anyway, assuming you're at a 20man, or at least at a 15m, you should be able to field a mage/shaman/hunter, or be able to deal with that by either not needing it or by using drums.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I'd like other classes to have similar group-wide buffs. EG: Holy Priests have a talent, come Legion, that buffs all healers in the group to have no mana-costs on their spells for 10 seconds.
    That's interesting, too bad we probably couldn't have more group-wide buffs for DPS - it would just be stacked with lust anyway, becoming either a better lust or a poorman's lust.but i always wished lust would be a %dmg increase so classes that don't benefit that much from haste wouldn't feel bad

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't hunters' fault if Bloodlust is tied to a pet that we don't like.
    Now, if they gave Bloodlust to Lone Wolf, that would make more sense. Right now, as far as I saw, hunters aren't even considered a class that can use the buff.

Yes.

Also all classes should have stats buff, because it's really impractical to do dungeons without that then, and only druid and monks have them now.

Also all classes should have the ability to heal, because I can't run dungeons without one, and sometimes they dont want to que.

Also all classes should have warlock and hunter pets so I can afk outdoors without being ganked by random mobs.

That reminds me, all classes should have stealth, so I can afk in bgs while appearing to be scouting.

You probably see where I'm going with this.

I think they should give lust to atleast 1 or 2 more classes. With mythic + dungeons being the new progression path they can't expect every group to have a mage sham or bm hunter. They already removed group buffs so really these classes are just going to be in huge demand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drums fill in the void simple enough for now, I think. Are there even 110 versions of Drums of Fury? Not paid attention to professions.

Actually I think they need to take a step back to BC and start making a few buffs group only or to cap at a certain number. It makes for much more engaging play and for thoughtful choices both for players and raid leaders.

While we are at it, give every class a mass resurrection, a taunt, all forms of crowd control, all crowd control breaks, all area of effect spells, all cooldowns, all single-target spells, and all defensives because FUCK CLASS DIVERSITY!!! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    No. It gives shaman some uniqueness. Time Warp should be taken from Mages as well. BL/Hero should be a shaman exclusive spell.
    I agree. Only shaman should have it, but they should make the leather working drum the same strength. Then, nobody is screwed and leather workers have something to sell on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    It does, really. When too many classes can do something, it becomes less important, since you'll seemingly always have that buff.
    The problem with this though is if you don't have that class, you're forced to find someone of that class or your group is vastly inferior. It's also a lot more impractical to expect every 5-player Mythic group to have a Shaman or Mage, now that Mythic Dungeons are becoming part of the true endgame experience.

It's basically why they made Vampiric Touch for Shadow Priests not give the raid mana anymore, because it was practically mandatory or your group was fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Just want to correct you that Mage is in the bottom 3 played. Rogue and Monk are the other two, with probably both of them going even further down with DH on the way.

Now if you're only talking about high-end, hardcore, raiding then never mind, but if you're talking about "the most played", no, Mage is most definitely not even close to that role.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.