Poll: How do you feel about Deadpool the movie?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    how did the low budget specifically hurt the film?
    There were like 5 locations in the movie, the house, the bar, the heli-carrier, the evil lab and..... I can't think of anything that was present for more than a scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It was okay, but it was overhyped
    Perhaps this is just another example of a person's expectations ruining the movie experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    There were like 5 locations in the movie, the house, the bar, the heli-carrier, the evil lab and..... I can't think of anything that was present for more than a scene.
    Number of locations has nothing to do with whether it's a good movie or not. Plenty of movies have a single location. Some even a single character.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was great time. Laughed so much. I didn't really expect anything special. I'm glad it's as dirty and as crazy as Deadpool should be I went to the cinema to have fun and I got what I came for

Ryan Reynolds I thought was excellent. Movie was good. Deadpool is still the comic book that they went and asked a 8-9 year old to come up with and here it is.

Overall a good movie though. 8/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great movie but I felt like it should've been longer, like another half hour or so of back story , my wife who knows nothing about deadpool had all kinds off questions after it was over.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    my wife who knows nothing about deadpool had all kinds off questions after it was over.
    Well, it is a movie made by Deadpool fans for Deadpool fans. I suppose the expectation was that people would know who Deadpool is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solid movie. But I will never understand the amount of fucking idiot parents that took their fucking toddleresque movies to a god R rated movie with tons of swearing and nudity.

I can't think of anything that was present for more than a scene.
    In a cab.....
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Hateful Eight took place almost entirely in 1 building, it was neither low budget nor hurt by that fact. Predator spent the entire movie in a jungle, except for one brief scene at the start where Carl Weathers meets with Arnold and his group, and Predator is a classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Umm, the dialogue?
    Well yeah there's that but iirc I've seen PG-13 movies with the word "fuck" but I could be wrong I'm bad with remembering this stuff. /shrug personally I was just hoping for... more? More violence, more vulgar language etc. Still enjoyed it for what it had though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    She actually has a really good fight scene with Michelle Rodriguez in Fast & Furious 6.
    I was aware but was pretty meh on her in FF6. As Angeldust she makes me swoon. I went and did some research on her after Deadpool and FF6 didn't do her any favors. She is gorgeous and when she is in full MMA mode, sweet swiggity swooty.

It was okay. They downplayed what deadpool is suppose to be though, comical yes but insane too. The insanity part was lacking.

I loved it. Thought it was great for what it was supposed to be. I played a bit of the game so I was hoping for more 4th wall breaking. Jeremy Jahns said it perfect in his review where he said he hoped Deadpool would grab a mic or camera from off stage and beat a bad guy with it. That would have been pretty great.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Decent movie but the circle jerk that surrounds it makes me hate everything Deadpool. I can't visit any site, this one included without seeing the Deadpool circle jerk.

I don't know why I expected wolverine to show up in a cameo similar to First class. Either way it was good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    how did the low budget specifically hurt the film?
    Reuse of sets, fewer actions scenes, fewer extras, most VFX were location and scenery based (easy and cheap), poor foley work, low budget soundtrack, few scored pieces, not much in camera direction.

Those techniques are used to work around budget limits or come up short due to budget in film.

Wasn't bad, but I felt like most of the "funny" lines tried way too hard to be funny. For me, there's a fine line between being funny and being annoying. Deadpool wandered too much into the latter.

Wasn't bad, but wasn't super entertaining either.

imo.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Reuse of sets, fewer actions scenes, fewer extras, most VFX were location and scenery based (easy and cheap), poor foley work, low budget soundtrack, few scored pieces, not much in camera direction.
    Not sure what you're talking about, but it isn't the Deadpool movie.

IMO it's awesome. but I also appreciate how the succces of this movie will hopefully encourage movie makers to stop making so many god damn PG-13 super hero movies or PG-13 movies in general. no way in any decent reality is a ghost rider movie anything short of a hard R.

it was a fun movie, i wish more super hero movies would do the rated R ratings, i thought the newer judge dredd movie was pretty good too. robocop would have been great too if it was rated are with all the ultra violence the original robocops had. i think blade was rated R also and look how much praise those movies got, another reason the netflix daredevil is so good, they follow a more adult theme.