Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Correct. Low levels = not enough to push my own via xp but plenty of happiness from multiple battles. The rest is spot on. I fixed my issue. Snorlax is now 20 and has Yawn, not the best catcher probably but with that, Hold Back, Happy Hour and a regular damaging move of my choosing he'll be good for captures and money gains for awhile.

- - - Updated - - -

Serebii.net, just..be patient. Serebii has everything but it has EVERYTHING.

The other thing thats less overwhelming and in a better format, just pick up the Prima guide. The guides are always comprehensive and explain every mechanic. One of the few paper guides left thats still worth a buy every time.

If you need a full on pokedex I still prefer Serebii.
    Alright, thanks for the tips

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    My point still stands. Either lvl up your pokemon to the point where they can handle it or don't bother playing. Challenge or not, we all know roughly what level the encounters will be at around and during the first gym/trial of a pokemon game. We have since the first games ever came out. If you can't be bothered to grind up levels in a pokemon game in order to compete effectively, then you might as well not even bother playing in the first place.
    That's probably the most stupid thing I read in my life. "Hey the last boss of this RPG is lvl 99, maybe just grind lvl 99 at the beginning or don't even play if you don't want to grind." I never grind level in Pokemon or RPG, I flee every wild encounter and never had a problem, what's the point of playing if you outlevel every opponent : "This game is easy!"..."No shit you're lvl 42 when enemy is 35"...I felt good when I beat Lance the first time in HG with a team 10 level behind, not sure how I would have felt with a team 5 level over, Ohkoing every 'mon he had with Ice spam.

Just a little advice for people about XP share : They use the xp system of BW, if the pokemon is low level it will gain a lot and if the pokemon is higher than the enemy it will gain less and less. This way the XP share is balanced in the game and not broken like in XY.

After 1h resetting my game, finally managed to get my female Popplio, won't even bother with the nature since i don't want to spend 20h resetting the damn game. Wish they could at least let us choose the gender. Now off I go to beat the crap out of every random pokemon and trainer I meet. Tata!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I was right about the Cottonee. No way I could have beaten the water totem without Leech Seed. Fucker had insane health and defense, and that stupid fish next to it healing it all the way back, mitigating like five turns.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    That's probably the most stupid thing I read in my life. "Hey the last boss of this RPG is lvl 99, maybe just grind lvl 99 at the beginning or don't even play if you don't want to grind." I never grind level in Pokemon or RPG, I flee every wild encounter and never had a problem, what's the point of playing if you outlevel every opponent : "This game is easy!"..."No shit you're lvl 42 when enemy is 35"...I felt good when I beat Lance the first time in HG with a team 10 level behind, not sure how I would have felt with a team 5 level over, Ohkoing every 'mon he had with Ice spam.

Just a little advice for people about XP share : They use the xp system of BW, if the pokemon is low level it will gain a lot and if the pokemon is higher than the enemy it will gain less and less. This way the XP share is balanced in the game and not broken like in XY.
    Stupid? Yet effective and the way the game was designed for. Hmmm.....

Saying not to grind at all in a game with XP, levels, and RPG elements is the only stupid thing I see being said here.

Never fight in a single wild encounter and only fight trainers you say? And beat all the games no problem this way? Without grinding trainers in rebattles like in ORAS? Uh huh. And I bet you did it blindfolded, with one hand tied behind your back, while sleeping, and never actually turning your DS on right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Stupid? Yet effective and the way the game was designed for. Hmmm.....

Saying not to grind at all in a game with XP, levels, and RPG elements is the only stupid thing I see being said here.

Never fight in a single wild encounter and only fight trainers you say? And beat all the games no problem this way? Without grinding trainers in rebattles like in ORAS? Uh huh. And I bet you did it blindfolded, with one hand tied behind your back, while sleeping, and never actually turning your DS on right?
    I just beat Fire Red without grinding once. I also haven't "grinded" during Sun yet either. Although I did get a few levels while trying to find a female Salandit. This is also all while not using an EXP share.

You don't have to grind in these games. Especially Sun and Moon since it seems the level curve of this game is pretty slow right now. In fact I would recommend not grinding as it will make the games somewhat challenging as opposed to being faceroll like the recent ones have been.

Deleted
    There they went...
    putting my favorite pokemon to be obtained at high-levels and locking poke-bank till january... :/

I guess i'll wait with my main playtrough till the poke-bank gets the update then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    There they went...
    putting my favorite pokemon to be obtained at high-levels and locking poke-bank till january... :/

I guess i'll wait with my main playtrough till the poke-bank gets the update then.
    Waitwhat? I'll have to get a 2nd 3ds or wait until january to trade with myself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Beat the game.

I hope the next game is akin to B2/W2 and serves as a direct sequel to S/M. I want to see Lillie again ;_;

Just wanted to mention I like the direction Game Freak is going in terms of pokemon "uniqueness" i've seen an increase of pokemon who don't evolve but they change forms based on a number of things like HP%, time of day, etc. I hope we get more of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously steroids are part of a balanced diet in sun/moon...

Deleted
    That second image seems more like a digimon than a pokemon to me.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Styxiedus...94112917135360

Don't save in Pokémon Centers. The game may not load your characters's model screwing your save.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

Don't save in Pokémon Centers. The game may not load your characters's model screwing your save.
    Only if you're using certain illegal hacking things.

I really love the idea of riding pokemon to replace HM's. Riding everywhere on my Stoutland looking for things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

I really love the idea of riding pokemon to replace HM's. Riding everywhere on my Stoutland looking for things.
    Oops. Just saw it as an issue. Didn't look any farther into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Waitwhat? I'll have to get a 2nd 3ds or wait until january to trade with myself?
    You cannot trade to a previous generation... you never could.
    and as far i know there is no way other than the poke-bank to transfer pokemon from the previous generation either.

Yay, Pokemon Moon released! WOOPWOOP.

Too bad it takes more than 15 min to actually get your first pokemon, so I'll have to wait until after work, before I can choose a pokemon and play the gender game
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-11-23 at 07:10 AM.

I was really hoping that they wouldn't allow you to capture Ultra Beasts. They're not actually Pokemon, and I think it makes them far more menacing if they're just these dangerous creatures that Lusamine was going around helping into the world in her crazy plan. I donno. I quite liked the Sun and Moon storyline (Which I almost never care about in Pokemon games), even if they all but gave up the "Lusamine is totally crazy guys" RIGHT when you meet her, but I was bummed out that the Ultra Beasts were basically regulated to pseudo-legendaries/legendaries. And could be caught as such. I guess they didn't want to waste the models they made, who knows.

A rather minor complaint, since the games are so great, so its more nitpicky about the story vs mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

this happened to me yesterday. I could of sworn I saved and I got blown back about 30 minutes so it wasn't that much of a big deal (and I'm not hacking I just lost my newest saved)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Yep. Best change they could've done (in my opinion) to the game. Dump HM shit.