Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[M]Mannaroth, Weath of gul'dan soaking.

We use 1 mage for soaking Wrath stacks off DPS. and tanks soak from healer. My question is, what goes wrong with our strat?
    We tank him near the purple pillar from P1. When we hit P3, everyone stacks near the pillar while the mage and 4 people with wrath form an square with mage being on the middle of it. We die once mage gets back to camp. Logs Here:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RJ8xPDqGahMVWcQ9

There are 40 stacks of the debuff to get rid of, one mage will not get rid of all 40 stacks.

You're dying because you still have 33 stacks per person going back into the group and standing there killing people off.

Surely even a cursory glance at the ability would tell you theres 40 stacks. You lose ~a stack a second when linked with someone else. It should be pretty obvious that you need more soakers.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're using that strat, which is a bad strat imo. We switched to a different strat and it is 10x better for wrath soaking.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYhR...nel=ProperBird

You need more than 1 person to soak, something like 4-5 people with immunity actually. Otherwise you'll keep wiping because 33 stacks x 4 people will just nuke your raid in seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    You're using that strat, which is a bad strat imo. We switched to a different strat and it is 10x better for wrath soaking.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYhR...nel=ProperBird
    The box strat is a perfectly viable strat thats what we used to kill it and we never had trouble doing it, it just depends on your raid comp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    You need more than 1 person to soak, something like 4-5 people with immunity actually. Otherwise you'll keep wiping because 33 stacks x 4 people will just nuke your raid in seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

The box strat is a perfectly viable strat thats what we used to kill it and we never had trouble doing it, it just depends on your raid comp.
    You're adding a lot more personal responsibility using that strat. One mess up it's a 100% wipe. The strat I linked does not make it that way.

Using the strat he's using, it took us over 100 wipes to consistently get to the first wrath of gul'dan phase, to do awful each time and wipe. When we switched to the new strat, in under 40 attempts we were getting to the last phase much more successfully. (still haven't killed it, but we only switched more recently and it's just such a good strat the one we're using over the old one)

You're adding a lot more personal responsibility using that strat. One mess up it's a 100% wipe. The strat I linked does not make it that way.

Using the strat he's using, it took us over 100 wipes to consistently get to the first wrath of gul'dan phase, to do awful each time and wipe. When we switched to the new strat, in under 40 attempts we were getting to the last phase much more successfully. (still haven't killed it, but we only switched more recently and it's just such a good strat the one we're using over the old one)
    Why would it be a wipe ? 1 soaker might die but you can still rez him unless somebody else fucked up before that.

Deleted
    Are paladins and rogues suitable for soaking? We only have 1 mage, tons of paladins and 2 rogues

Paladins are suitable, unsure about rogues, if you have hunters they are very good at it, and shadow priests are fairly good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    Are paladins and rogues suitable for soaking? We only have 1 mage, tons of paladins and 2 rogues
    The problem with paladins is they get stacks going in. Then they bubble and become immune. After this they get a ton more stacks very quickly and keel over. It's doable but a lot more dangerous than a class with blink or disengage.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    The problem with paladins is they get stacks going in. Then they bubble and become immune. After this they get a ton more stacks very quickly and keel over. It's doable but a lot more dangerous than a class with blink or disengage.
    If the Paladin goes in and out directly at one of the people they will only get a few stacks. The mistake I've seen paladins make is they go in in between to people getting twice as many stacks moving in and out.

What personal responsibility? It just involves people running to their markers and the mage to blink in to ice block. If anyone dies, it's just one mage, so just get the next one in line to soak and res the dead guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Just need to make sure to DP afterwards so it isn't a problem.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

thats just bullshit, nearing 200 wipes in this gear i'd say the problem is your players responsibility all round, the box strat is far simpler and easier to do, a couple of mages and hunters...which is the most useful and commonly played dps specs and you're laughing.

on topic, ouch that's embarrassing progressing mythic and not actually knowing the mechanics, legendary ring you carry so so hard!

Deleted

Just because a strat doesn´t work for your guild, doesn´t make it a bad strat. My guild did it and when we got communication down on soaking we had no problems. Its was really easy. For others it might not work and that is ok. There is no perfect tactics for every boss, it depense on the guild.

Its perfectly fine to give OP another solution incase it really doesn´t work out for them. But dont tell them its wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Box is easy and solid, there is no confusion and it works, only need to have specific classes like Mages and Hunters for soaking.

I believe the general strategy is 3 with last the mage and I'll explain why. First goes anyone and does the first 7-8 seconds. Then goes any one else and does an additional 7-8-9 seconds. Then goes the mage right before Shadowforce and blocks because she will block a potential Shadowforce from pushing her back (it can target a wrath but that would be safe-ish because the mage would be soaking the other 3).

I believe when the imps are spawning or shortly after, it's safe to send everyone back to the raid and very carefully spread the remaining up to 10-12 stacks they might have to the rest of the raid.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that last one

Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftMages View Post
    I believe the general strategy is 3 with last the mage and I'll explain why. First goes anyone and does the first 7-8 seconds. Then goes any one else and does an additional 7-8-9 seconds. Then goes the mage right before Shadowforce and blocks because she will block a potential Shadowforce from pushing her back (it can target a wrath but that would be safe-ish because the mage would be soaking the other 3).

I believe when the imps are spawning or shortly after, it's safe to send everyone back to the raid and very carefully spread the remaining up to 10-12 stacks they might have to the rest of the raid.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that last one
    I do know that's how we've done it. The people with stacks just move a bunch when stacked up so it always switches to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Marhault View Post
    I do know that's how we've done it. The people with stacks just move a bunch when stacked up so it always switches to other people.
    Yeah I believe it's a good trade off to move in after the imps spawn. It increases the damage by a moderate amount but makes more manageable the mess of the following overlaps. Only thing is that people should be careful to spread them relatively evenly and it might not be that great on 3 healers (though I don't believe that fight should aim for 3 healers on progress, it does not change that much in the strategy to be slightly faster to be worth it unless it's necessary due to the roster).

I think we 3 healed it on progress, but I was cheesing it with the heirloom trinket so I was basically a 4th healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Marhault View Post
    I think we 3 healed it on progress, but I was cheesing it with the heirloom trinket so I was basically a 4th healer.
    Not like tanks actually need much more than Beacons(and if even that) at this stage of the expac regardless of whatever trinkets you run.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future