Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Not at all. It's a reaction to an entirely illegitimate action.

The problem isn't that SJW's have a cause. The problem is that their causes are so commonly entirely illegitimate.

To put it another way, if BLM had any legitimacy whatsoever, then it wouldn't cause offense. But it's not a meaningful, principles, effective, movement. It's a side show.
    If its just going to boil down to you not agreeing with justice reform advocates then what the fuck ever. I just am endlessly tickled by people complaining about SJWs while whining about shit like banners you don't like on buildings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    If its just going to boil down to you not agreeing with justice reform advocates then what the fuck ever. I just am endlessly tickled by people complaining about SJWs while whining about shit like banners you don't like on buildings.
    It isn't about the banner, it is about the hypocrisy. If everyone was allowed to raise a banner it would be fine, but if the banner is anything that offends SJWs it must be taken down.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-02-26 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It isn't about the banner, it is about the hypocrisy. If everyone was allowed to raise a banner it would be fine, but if the banner is anything that offends SJWs it must be taken down.
    Oh yeah, forgot the time they outlawed things internet boogeymen didn't like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, forgot the time they outlawed things internet boogeymen didn't like.
    I'm talking about the mob that will come after you to ruin your life if they see something that offends them. Such as with the confederate flag. And if anyone sees a BLM flag and thinks they need to ruin someones life over it because their feelings were hurt, that is also pathetic.

Except BLM isn't akin to a legitimate justice reform movement. Let me give you an example. Boston Latin, a promenent boston school with a long history of minority education, was investigated for complaints for racist actions on the part of community members since 2014. There were 7 incidents, all isolated, commited on places like Twitter, and some by FORMER students in the last year. The investigation by the state found that Boston Latin administrators responded appoproriately to 6 of the 7, and the 7th was a technicality.

But the BLM/SJW isn't satisfied. Today they, with the NAACP, have demanded a Federal Investigation. It's ridiculous.

What they're doing is trying to get Boston Latin leadership to resign, and replaced with somebody they can control.

This is what I mean as illegitimate. 7 incidents in a year with thousands of people in question is a statistical likelihood. Zero is impossible. And instead of being satisfied by a legitimate investigation, because a pound of flesh wasn't delivered, the SJWs went for more.

The vast majority of BLM and SJW causes I've read about the last year and change, pretty neatly fit into the above example.

I'm talking about the mob that will come after you to ruin your life if they see something that offends them. Such as with the confederate flag. And if anyone sees a BLM flag and thinks they need to ruin someones life over it because their feelings were hurt, that is also pathetic.
    Large numbers of people angry over something someone said is neither new, interesting, or unique to the left.

Indeed. I imagine if I put up a "No Lives matter" banner, I'd make the Massachusetts news at 11 on the networks and have an army of crazies at my front door.

I'd never do that to my neighbors.

And frankly, the only thing that matters is money, not these absurd performance acts. So I'd rather make a career, with the hope of being filthy rich one day, to donate to counter-liberal causes. One can dream, right?

Except BLM isn't akin to a legitimate justice reform movement. Let me give you an example. Boston Latin, a promenent boston school with a long history of minority education, was investigated for complaints for racist actions on the part of community members since 2014. There were 7 incidents, all isolated, commited on places like Twitter, and some by FORMER students in the last year. The investigation by the state found that Boston Latin administrators responded appoproriately to 6 of the 7, and the 7th was a technicality.

But the BLM/SJW isn't satisfied. Today they, with the NAACP, have demanded a Federal Investigation. It's ridiculous.

What they're doing is trying to get Boston Latin leadership to resign, and replaced with somebody they can control.

This is what I mean as illegitimate. 7 incidents in a year with thousands of people in question is a statistical likelihood. Zero is impossible. And instead of being satisfied by a legitimate investigation, because a pound of flesh wasn't delivered, the SJWs went for more.

The vast majority of BLM and SJW causes I've read about the last year and change, pretty neatly fit into the above example.
    Again, I don't really give a shit whether you think their cause right. You're just upset you saw a sign you didn't agree with. SJW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure who complains more, SJWs (a term thrown around so much I'm not sure what it means) or anti-SJWs (only defined by people who complain about SJWs). Neither compare to Scientologist though, I'm not even so how you would make such a comparison. Scientology is a religion/cult that demands millions from its members and then harasses those members if they leave.

SJW/anti-SJWs are people on different sides of a talking point. Your average SJW/anti-SJW is harmless unless you care about your epeen being bruised.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't complaining about seeing things you don't like that in no way actually harm you sort of an....sjw thing to do?
    Wells are you ever going to stop trying to push this nonsense point?

Last edited by Wildberry; 2016-02-26 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I'm not sure who complains more, SJWs (a term thrown around so much I'm not sure what it means) or anti-SJWs (only defined by people who complain about SJWs). Neither compare to Scientologist though, I'm not even so how you would make such a comparison. Scientology is a religion/cult that demands millions from its members and then harasses those members if they leave.

SJW/anti-SJWs are people on different sides of a talking point. Your average SJW/anti-SJW is harmless unless you care about your epeen being bruised.
    Nah, all SJWs are organized under a common banner fighting the real thinkers of this world.

Again, I don't really give a shit whether you think their cause right. You're just upset you saw a sign you didn't agree with. SJW.
    Because that's exactly what I said. Twice now. That it's about the sign. Not about the hypocrisy. Not about the intimidation. Not about the frivolity of it all. It's actually about the sign.

Whatever helps you sleep easier at night, Wells. It must be really easy being you.

It's fine the Unitarians are a fickle bunch and the sign will likely be gone by the time I get back from my trip abroad.

Because that's exactly what I said. Twice now. That it's about the sign. Not about the hypocrisy. Not about the intimidation. Not about the frivolity of it all. It's actually about the sign.

Whatever helps you sleep easier at night, Wells. It must be really easy being you.

It's fine the Unitarians are a fickle bunch and the sign will likely be gone by the time I get back from my trip abroad.
    You just keep establishing why you don't like their perfectly peaceful speech and I keep telling you its a complete nonsequiter. You're complaining about SJWs while complaining about having to see perfectly peaceful opinions you disagree with.

If you can't grasp that hypocrisy then god help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Wells are you ever going to stop trying to push this nonsense point?

You're trying really hard to rationalize ur own behaviour, arent you? Nobody can really be normal right. Everyone has to be a part of ur little kindergarden play.

Indeed. I imagine if I put up a "No Lives matter" banner, I'd make the Massachusetts news at 11 on the networks and have an army of crazies at my front door.

I'd never do that to my neighbors.

And frankly, the only thing that matters is money, not these absurd performance acts. So I'd rather make a career, with the hope of being filthy rich one day, to donate to counter-liberal causes. One can dream, right?
    That is because you are mocking the movement. You are basically denying the race issues in the U.S., when you feel the need to advertise "No Lives matter"/"All lives matter". The people who truly don't give a shit about BLM, aren't crying about it on the internet. The people that throw SJW out, do the exact same things as a SJW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    That is because you are mocking the movement. You are basically denying the race issues in the U.S., when you feel the need to advertise "No Lives matter"/"All lives matter". The people who truly don't give a shit about BLM, aren't crying about it on the internet. The people that throw SJW out, do the exact same things as a SJW.
    Let me guess, you think there is some type of race crisis. Democrat fear mongers will do anything to get you to believe that.

Let me guess, you think there is some type of race crisis. Democrat fear mongers will do anything to get you to believe that.
    That or we just think there are remaining issues with race in this country, particularly in the way the justice system operates, that need to be addressed.

That doesn't tickle your counter-outrage bone though.

7+ Year Old Account
    That or we just think there are remaining issues with race in this country, particularly in the way the justice system operates, that need to be addressed.

That doesn't tickle your counter-outrage bone though.
    Counter-outrage, I like the sound of that.

No one is claiming there are not any issues, just that there is a massively exaggerated race narrative pushed by Democrats. They've learned that there are no easier votes than the race pander.

My eyes are rolling so hard you can hear it. People that hate this nebulous concept of what an SJW is so much that they want it to really be a thing just so badly. It's just a name that lets you dismiss someone you disagree with and lets you do so without thinking about it by associating them with that one screaming moron you heard about that one time. It also satisfies the human need for tribalism by uniting against some "other" even if the other is not a united front but just a random series of things you collectively don't like that often have nothing to do with each other.

Counter-outrage, I like the sound of that.

No one is claiming there are not any issues, just that there is a massively exaggerated race narrative pushed by Democrats. They've learned that there are no easier votes than the race pander.
    Oh is there not. How about the opposite in Mr.Trump?