Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Your people? So you are going to tell me you are 100% Indian living on a reservation?
    You'll trigger his Indian persecution complex

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything else being equal, I really don't care.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's funny when people say they don't want to go to a "80% white university" when they live in a country with 80% whites, also very stupid.
    I also don't get the representation bit either, I've lived in Japan for work for long periods of time, and not in Tokyo either, but I don't feel any pressing need to make them include whites in their movies and shows to appease me, in fact being the only white girl in a town of 80k people is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelina View Post
    I think it's funny when people say they don't want to go to a "80% white university" when they live in a country with 80% whites, also very stupid.
    I also don't get the representation bit either, I've lived in Japan for work for long periods of time, and not in Tokyo either, but I don't feel any pressing need to make them include whites in their movies and shows to appease me, in fact being the only white girl in a town of 80k people is pretty cool.
    /sacrasm "Havent you heard of White Guilt" /Scarasm

Supposedly we are supposed to feel ashamed of the fact that our whiteness appearently made our lives easier or some shit, and pander to everybody demanding a free ride.

Is it diversity when there is an italian student and french students are there?

I dont really get american system. How are you different from each other in that country? How does color bring diversity when everybody does the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Is it diversity when there is an italian student and french students are there?

I dont really get american system. How are you different from each other in that country? How does color bring diversity when everybody does the same thing?
    Because the "white man" is oppressing the "minorities of color" on a systematic and institutional level. Or something. Im not quite sure. But supposedly it is all true.

I meab, obviously when 20% of your country is black, then 50% of every colledge needs to be black, or the poor black people will be at a clear disadvantage and never be able to get ahead.

Diversity is just a laughable euphemism for less white people. Never seen anyone promoting it other than delusional self hating leftists and racist minorities with an inferiority complex, so yes, it sucks donkey cock.
    Last edited by Borgia; 2016-02-26 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think diversity is great when it comes naturally, but it is extremely stupid when it is enforced for its own sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blomster View Post
    Diversity for the sake of diversity is stupid.
    But for the most part harmless in fiction. It's when people start making "diversity quotas" in real life and prioritize it above competent workers that we get a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    What do you think of diversity? In Disney's Star vs. the Forces of Evil cartoon the head cheerleader character is a snobby rich Asian girl. In pop culture cheerleading captains are blonde most of the time. I have no problem with this. I find women of all ethnicities attractive.

My primary school was racially and culturally diverse, it was awesome (so many unique individuals). My secondary school was 99% white (no exaggeration), it was shit (nearly everyone was a cunt).

^ and that about sums up how I feel about the issue.

I don't care about diversity, I only care about the narrowly defined merits that I'll use to suggest that everyone else is unqualified.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Forced diversity, it is an interesting concept for experiments but social experiments should always be voluntary.

Natural diversity or encouraged diversity is a wonderfully beautiful thing. No painting was ever made with just one color .
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb

I enjoy diversity at work. Its great to get a lot of viewpoints on decisions. Sometimes people will come up with something interesting. This is especially true in the IT field which is mostly white males.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I like more diversity like in video games. I don't understand when someone gets mad when someone says "we want more women protagonist" "more black protagonist". I'd like more diversity in games, not just in people, but in settings. I'm really getting sick of every fantasy world being Forgotten realms like.
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    My primary school was racially and culturally diverse, it was awesome (so many unique individuals). My secondary school was 99% white (no exaggeration), it was shit (nearly everyone was a cunt).

^ and that about sums up how I feel about the issue.
    So in other words you rush to hasty conclusions about race and personality based on two schools you went to?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say diversity has a small amount of intrinsic value, and should generally be encouraged when it doesn't come at the cost of other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I would say diversity has a small amount of intrinsic value, and should generally be encouraged when it doesn't come at the cost of other things.
    Doesn't it eventually destroy itself with homogeneity? (cultures/races mix over time) That is unless you keep cultures somewhat separate from each other. I'm thinking "the race of the future" type stuff. Culture will probably still be somewhat heterogeneous since it adapts to location/geography and resources, food, etc.. but less so over time with faster and easier travel, easier food growing, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    What do you think of diversity? In Disney's Star vs. the Forces of Evil cartoon the head cheerleader character is a snobby rich Asian girl. In pop culture cheerleading captains are blonde most of the time. I have no problem with this. I find women of all ethnicities attractive.

Those goddamn reaper cheerleaders, ain't that right, Shep?

On a more serious note I think diversity is ridiculous and should never be forced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Doesn't it eventually destroy itself with homogeneity? (cultures/races mix over time) That is unless you keep cultures somewhat separate from each other. I'm thinking "the race of the future" type stuff. Culture will probably still be somewhat heterogeneous since it adapts to location/geography and resources, food, etc.. but less so over time with faster and easier travel, easier food growing, etc.
    Cultures and races can and should continue to integrate, and eventually I'm sure we'll reach a steady state; but I don't think this is the same thing as homogeneity.

I see two types of heterogeneity: internal and external. Internal means that everyone within a culture takes part in enough aspects of that culture to identify primarily with that culture; one person might eat fishsticks and the other person might eat steak one day, and then another day they might switch. You have variety here, but both people are taking part in it.

External heterogeneity, on the other hand, is when there is no overlap. People stick to their own clades; one guy only eats fishsticks, and the other guy only eats steak. I would say that this kind of diversity is ultimately more divisive than beneficial and should not be encouraged. Unfortunately, this is the multiculturalist approach that more and more people feel like taking; the idea of 'separate but equal' also falls under this category.

i dont think that oppinions on diversity are really relevant time will solve that for us, regardless of our oppinions. i dont see any evolution of human being, without automatically become massive diverse. and (and thats my oppinion) that is good so.