Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

School Takes Student as Young as 11 To A Sex Shop For A Field Trip

This is one of the most outrageous news stories Ive seen in months and I am outraged!!!!!! Apparently, this school thinks it is appropriate to take a field trip to an adult toy store for a sex ed field trip. First of all, its illegal to go in to one of those stores if youre not at least 18 or 21 depending on state, so why would it be appropriate for a school to take 11 year old there. In addition they never issued permission slips, nor did they notify parents they were taking them there

http://www.startribune.com/minneapol...son/305770831/

Some parents are outraged after the leader of a small Minneapolis private school took about a dozen middle- and high-school-aged students on a sex education field trip to an adult novelty store late last week.

“It’s just a major breach of trust,” said Lynn Floyd, whose 11- and 13-year-old daughters were part of the outing to the Smitten Kitten. “You just can’t erase those images.”

A leader of Gaia Democratic School and the host of the field trip defended the outing, saying the visit capped a monthslong sex education class.
    Theres the first problem. A month long sex class??? You can teach people how to use a condom in less than an hour and you can spend another hour on ways to avoid STDs. Not much else to teach.

Gaia is a K-12 school with a motto promising academic freedom, youth empowerment and democratic education. Parents say the school has about 25 students, including several described by administrators as transgender.
    And now we get to the real problem with the school and why they think like this. Its some wacky Hippy left wing school.

At least the city is apprently trying to do something about it by going after the store for letting minors in.

Grant Wilson, Minneapolis business license manager, said that if a store had explicit adult toys in plain view that they shouldn’t be allowed to have minors in the store. He said he would deploy an inspector in the next few days to see if the store broke any laws.
    Last edited by Orlong; 2015-06-03 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    That's just.... wrong.

I see nothing wrong with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    I see nothing wrong with this.
    Me neither, honestly. It shouldn't even be illegal for anyone to enter a sex shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

I wouldn't care if it was some school full of right wing nuts this is just wrong period.

10+ Year Old Account
    when ur 11 you giggle at such things and thats about it, dont see a problem with that
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't know about you, but when my 11 year old has a field trip there's a permission slip that indicates when, where, and for how long the trip will be. If the parents signed it - I'm sure they give fuck all about your opinion in the matter.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Deleted
    What's weird is that they didn't inform the parents first or thought nobody would object.

Deleted
    Steady folks, this is an Exclamation level 6 stage Outrage. Wars have been fought over less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    Well I don't know about you, but when my 11 year old has a field trip there's a permission slip that indicates when, where, and for how long the trip will be. If the parents signed it - I'm sure they give fuck all about your opinion in the matter.
    If you read my post or the article I linked, you would see that there were no permission slips given out or signed, and the parents werent even notified about the trip until after it happened

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hargalaten View Post
    What's weird is that they didn't inform the parents first or thought nobody would object.
    Because they knew if the parents were told before hand they wouldve said, and then the school couldnt have pushed its agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Because they knew if the parents were told before hand they wouldve said, and then the school couldnt have pushed its agenda
    Now i'm curious, what agenda is there in sex education?

Deleted
    And tomorrow a school trip to the whorehouse so show young ladies what will happen if they don't do their homework.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Now i'm curious, what agenda is there in sex education?
    The agenda pushing that its perfectly OK to have sex any time and at any age (as long as its only someone your own age, because then its ok, but if your mate is over 18 then suddenly its not ok anymore) as long as you do it safely. Just another reason that we are becoming morally bankrupt

Deleted
    The agenda pushing that its perfectly OK to have sex any time and at any age (as long as its only someone your own age, because then its ok, but if your mate is over 18 then suddenly its not ok anymore) as long as you do it safely. Just another reason that we are becoming morally bankrupt
    Sex shops aren't inherently about sex itself though, most of it is dedicated to masturbation.

So having sex is immoral and shameful?

Considering your other posts moral bankruptcy is nothing I can take you serious in.

10+ Year Old Account
    They actually teach that? I find that really hard to believe to be honest.

Deleted

--SNIP--

Don't post spam
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-06-03 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    Are you a republican by any chance?

Deleted
    Entering a sex shop under 18 is straight up illegal though. This isn't just a case of people doing something that is an "alternate take on education". It's illegal.