Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesotar
    Nothing. Just comes with A LOT of baggage. Most of the times.
    That isn't really false, I'm just not sure how significant it is in the European context (distinguished from the "in China" of OP). Past a certain age, baggage starts to accumulate no matter what. A teen may have issues based on problems with their parents marriage, or what they have seen among other family members. As you edge up towards 30 you'll be encountering people who may not be 'divorced' because they were never married, yet they will have similar issues if they've been in long term relationships before, they may even have kids. As age increases, you run into more and more people who've had bad experiences.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2016-02-27 at 04:45 AM. Reason: lag caused twinned post
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    What exactly is the point of getting married and why is China so obsessed with it ? There is no reason to get married, besides tradition.
    Ask the Ministry of Civil Affairs?

Issues of marriage, divorce and tradition aside I remember hearing that rural areas in China have a ratio of nearly 130 men to every 100 women. Apparently this is compounded by women in rural areas only courting and marrying men in urban areas for a better hukou (kind of like a residency passport - a better Hukou gives access to better employment, education and welfare). I can see why men in such areas would be moving to dating outside of what is perceived to be their normal.

This has nothing to do with "one-child policy".
    The ratio is still 1:1.

The main reason is that rich government officials have many mistresses.

If she divorced her last husband, maybe he was a prick. Maybe they were bad for each other, and both drove each other nuts. I'd want to know why she left her last husband first, but if we're doin' well, I don't see why not. With religion's whole "not until you're married!" Alot of people rush into marriage, not prepared for it, or end up with the wrong person and then divorce them and have to keep looking for the right one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3
    I'm tired and need more coffee, throw me a bone here. How about you dig up some figures to support your position, here's a preliminary set of search results:

http://www.google.com.hk/search?q=ma...tf-8&gws_rd=cr

Now, the Economist seems to think otherwise, but what the heck would they know?

Source: http://www.economist.com/news/asia/2...ocieties-asias
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2016-02-27 at 04:40 AM. Reason: attribution
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    This has nothing to do with "one-child policy".

The main reason is that rich government officials have many mistresses.
    Sure, all those abortions had no affect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Tennisace threads are so boring.
    FTFY

/10char

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Left unbred? What does this mean?
    Children are vile, hole-wrecking creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    These are people not objects.
    This is relevant?