Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Still don't feel any need to return. My friends played pre-expansion patch a little, was hyped about transmogrif changes. Well.. I already have that in Wildstar. And I love Wildstar atm and don't need any other mmo
    Seems like blizzard still got me in their world, been playing Overwatch and currently Hots

Bored in mid WOD. now enjoying FFXIV so much

I quit because of the usual reason. Too much garrison, too little everything else. Going to be back for legion though, people say it has lots of stuff to do.
    I replaced it with my steam backlog. Played through the entire Baldurs gate/Torment/Icewind dale series.

Overall I enjoy playing WoW for 3 month at a time and then play something else for a while. Feels better than forcing yourself through the drypatches with everyone in your raid whining and quitting around you.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I quit because of the usual reason. Too much garrison, too little everything else. Going to be back for legion though, people say it has lots of stuff to do.
    I replaced it with my steam backlog. Played through the entire Baldurs gate/Torment/Icewind dale series.

Overall I enjoy playing WoW for 3 month at a time and then play something else for a while. Feels better than forcing yourself through the drypatches with everyone in your raid whining and quitting around you.
    A big part of why people whine is that many think WoW needs to be played 24/7 for 365 days a year. Most healthy people don't do anything that excessively and will take breaks, that's what keeps it fresh. People kept leaving and coming back even in Vanilla, nowadays people seem to believe it was different in the past, when it wasn't.

You know, a few weeks back, I was watching a youtube video of that Warrior Class Hall and I thought "Damn this looks absolutely amazing". But then I asked my self "Why does it not feel special? Why does it not feel epic?"

The other day I was levelling my warrior on one of "those" servers. Level 57, collecting Termites in Eastern Plaguelands. I came across one of those buildings from Warcraft 3 - The Slaughterhouse I believe. There was no epic music, no cutscenes, just me and the ghouls and the quiet. And it felt epic.

Regarding the game play and so on, I share Jensxo's view on this:

Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    I didn't feel like raiding was exclusive like it was in Cata.
    3 Oceanic guilds killed Heroic rag 25 man nowadays every guild and their dog has killed Archimonde.

I don't like how their are 4 difficulties for everything, i'd rather they just release challenging content, make a challenging game. I'd rather people work towards getting better in the game instead of the game becoming easier. All the effort i put into mastering my rotation has gone down the drain now as any idiot can do it.

Mounts don't feel prestigous

Left wow about midway through cataclysm. It just went down hill that fast not only in story but the raids were terrible. I was one that liked the dungeon difficulty.

Played beta for MOP and nothing about the changes or story was interesting enough to pay for.

Similar but worse experience for WoD. It was a convoluted mess of WTF for the entire beta expereince. So after seeing beta I knew there was no returning to wow combined with the things they changed, took away or just "F"ed up.

Legion is falling into the MOP area. It's not quite as bad as WoD but It' just not worth leaving the other games I'm invested in now.

After wow I didn't play any MMO for a while till SWTOR came out and their class stories were better than anything wow had to offer. End game wasn't solid but the stories were just more interesting than wow and there were 8 to play. So got hooked on that then later FF14 as SWTOR hit some major speed bumps.

So far wow just hasn't done anything worth jumping back into to play catch-up with the old toons I love. So until that changes, wow is just a old hobby I like to read about hoping it turns into something more interesting to catch my eye and legion isn't it either playing the beta.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-07-22 at 12:48 PM.

i stopped because 90% of my friends and RL friends stopped. after a while in a new guild, raiding isnt enough, its all about the people.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    i stopped because 90% of my friends and RL friends stopped. after a while in a new guild, raiding isnt enough, its all about the people.
    This too. BC was my favorite expansion, but I think that's more because of the fact that most of my best friends in the game (and I've been out of contact with some of them since then) were actively playing at the time than it was because of the game content itself. I was in a pretty small guild during BC, but we were always doing things together (world PvP, group quests, arenas, etc), so it never got boring.

I got bored with WoD barely two months in, and most of my friends had already given up on it by that point, so my friends list got pretty barren as far as people who were actually online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsadius Rex
    The high fantasy themes are being phased out for a more unique fantasy/sci fi hybrid theme that are leaving behind why people loved Warcraft.
    *cough* The Burning Crusade.. and Warcraft 3 Outland aswell.
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Don67 View Post
    I just quit today after 9 years, after the prepatch I played 12 hours and all 8 level 100 toons were so screwed up I had enough.
    I cancelled my subscription, and called blizzard to cancel my account, downloaded Guild Wars 2 and it's Hella fun.
    A new and exciting game for many years to come.
    lmao. See you in 3 weeks.

Last time I logged on was first of April (see sig). Had logged on just long enough to complete HFC + ring on my main. Prior to WoD, I finished up the Insane title, and as I told many people years ago (when that title first became available)...the day I complete that damn thing is the day I quit WoW. Wasn't far from the truth...but that's wasn't why I quit. The mindset there was "If I've done that title then chances are I've done everything I've ever wanted to do, because Insane would be the last thing I'd do".

I quit playing at the end of Cata and MoP, after each of their last raid patches were around 6-8 months old. With WoD, I've spent far more time unsubbed than subbed, a first for any WoW expansion (subbed for 4 months total). It's a level of awful that's tough to comprehend, given the game's previous track record overall. Garrisons and how they handed out raid gear (to an extent) and gold on a silver (gold?) platter, the wishy-washiness over the whole way flight was handled in game, and the overall lack of new stuff to do aside from raiding...no excuse in such a piss poor expansion from Blizzard for any game, let alone their long-time crown jewel.

Silver lining: It led me to pick up and try other games, including other MMOs, and after a few weeks of play, I found that FF14 has similar mojo that earlier days of WoW had. No, it is not a perfect game, and there are things done/handled better in WoW than FF14, but overall it's a far superior experience compared to WoD (not that it takes much to beat out WoD).

Quit because WoD was the most pisspoor excuse for an expansion ever released. Went to FF14 and started putting some time into Guild Wars 2 as well.

After eight consecutive years of play, I quit over the flight changes, so I have basically missed the entirety of WoD.

It took me a few months to find a game to settle into, but I found a good FTP that I have played ever since (spend about the same money though).

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    20 man Mythics are not fun, dealing with 10 people I don't particularly like is not fun. Guild merges sucked for WoD. Without raiding, the rest of wow doesn't have a hold of me as tightly... also I was really getting sick of having to craft my life around mythic raiding, rather than me playing when It worked for me. That's more of an issue with raiding in general.

I replaced it with Steam games. I'm waiting for Hyperlight Drifter right now. Playing Rogue Legacy. I honestly have played more games since I stopped playing wow every day, than I have in the entire time before I played wow. I had a lot to catch up on.

I will probably play again in Legion, but I really can't go back to serious raiding, it stole too much from my life as it is, and I cannot let it devour my time again. Without it, I very much doubt Legion will hold me for very long. Unless they completely transform raiding into a much more casual activity (and no LFR isnt raiding, LFR is a cesspool of misery) then wow just will never be what it was before for me.
    Mythic+ is just like raiding, it gets more challenging the higher you go, gives you raiding gear and it's only with 4 other people. Pretty sure it's suppose to be the alternative to raiding anyway. Really fun too. I plan on doing that instead of raiding.

I think that Wod is really nice for every new player, kinda hard on veterans but really who cares about them :P