Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    i saw the rest of the Doco & some guy walking into
    McDonalds with a gun Holster on his waist..

And then I thought... Jezz if someone bumped him & he was having a Bad day..
    Bang Bang Bang

That's also pretty dumb. Because if a REAL assailant was thinking about commiting murder or some other serious thing, he'd be the first one to get a bullet to the head what with the open threat and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    How do you Americans feel about Open Carrying a Gun
    I don't like, just like a lot of people don't like it. Nothing says cowardly jackass to me like a douche walking around with a firearm in public. Every person around them watches every move they make as well.

This doesn't alarm me... I see it every day.

- - - Updated - - -

This would raise eyebrows... that is if the older gentleman was walking into a store.

"Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be Honest..seeing a Civilian "Open Carry" with a Holster on his waist would kind of freak me out
    if I was a Tourist to the USA.

Its ok for Police etc..but just some Random Guy ..hmm
    I am sure there is a lot of things in other parts of the world which might freak me out. One reason I prefer to just stay home.

It is common here in Ohio to see someone carrying a handgun out in the open in public. It is the law here. But there are places it is restricted. Been this way for many, many years. I do not remember ever seeing any one freak out over it. Personally I do not however. But I have no issue at all with it. The criminals will have them concealed.

Owned a gun since I was 14 and passed firearm safety. Lived most of my childhood in an area where about half the population hunted for food because they couldn't afford to live otherwise. Killed and ate a deer or two myself. Lived for a decade in several South American hellholes where paramilitary groups with AKs are a fact of life. Still freaked right the hell out by American randos with guns walking around like they think Starbucks is going to turn into CoD at any moment. I always think having one means they intend to use one, and since America is fresh out of organized paramilitary groups attacking city centers, that probably means they're going to use it on whoever pisses them off first.

I would if it was legal here, concealed that is. You only live once so any advantage is a good one.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-02-27 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I do carry, it's always concealed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    When I was in BSA our leader wore a fanny pack everywhere with us. He even wore a kilt sometimes. But yeah he carried a gun in the fanny pack.
    That's a little more reasonable since in Boyscouts you might encounter a bear or wolf on a camping trip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zebreck View Post
    Owned a gun since I was 14 and passed firearm safety. Lived most of my childhood in an area where about half the population hunted for food because they couldn't afford to live otherwise. Killed and ate a deer or two myself. Lived for a decade in several South American hellholes where paramilitary groups with AKs are a fact of life. Still freaked right the hell out by American randos with guns walking around like they think Starbucks is going to turn into CoD at any moment. I always think having one means they intend to use one, and since America is fresh out of organized paramilitary groups attacking city centers, that probably means they're going to use it on whoever pisses them off first.
    Sounds like you are still suffering from your decade of living in a South American hell hole.

If civilians need to carry a gun to either feel safe or protect them or others, something is fucked up.

Considering how much of a police state USA is, there is some serious issues over there.

Deleted
    Open carrying a gun just seems to say "rob me, free gun". A criminal would have his weapon ready first, he won't wait to have a quick draw duel with you like in the wild west, concealed carry seems to be the better option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    If civilians need to carry a gun to either feel safe or protect them or others, something is fucked up.

Considering how much of a police state USA is, there is some serious issues over there.
    Lol! Media over flood can be bad for your mental health.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Seeing those ppl would just make my brain flag them as potentially dangerous paranoid individuals in need of medical help.

no i just wear a giant neon sign that says "kill this one first" instead.

i conceal my guns, the only people that even know i carry is my GF and my best friend and thats because i let them know what im carrying that day because they like guns just as much as me. chances are youll never see a gun on me unless i want you to.

Deleted
    Open Carry while walking the Dog

Looks like a cunt to me, should be tagged NSFW.

she looks like one of those "oh my god he stood within 50 feet of me, he pretty much raped me" people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Seeing those ppl would just make my brain flag them as potentially dangerous paranoid individuals in need of medical help.
    Indeed. Seeing a man carrying a gun makes me think that maybe there is something wrong with him and maybe I should get a gun too so I can defend myself when he goes ballistic because someone gave him the wrong looks.

meh doesn't bother me. I actually kinda prefer it to concealed carry just b.c. i can tell you is armed easier.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    seems pretty Cool
    ive been to australia a couple of times & thank the lord people like you are in the minority.