Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What sort of cosmetics/effects do you want to see in Legion?

Many classes in legion are getting special little them only things attached to their class and/or weapon in legion.

Some examples:
    Fire Mage Sword has a passive effect that causes killing blows to immolate the corpse
    MM Hunters not only get a quiver for their bow, but unique arrows
    The BrM weapon apparently is going to change how their keg looks depending on which skin
    Prot Paladins get a flail, becoming easily the most unique 1 hander in game

So on and so forth.

What sort of little effects or special things would you like for the warrior weapons? Or hell, even new glyphs.

I'd like to see the arms spell effects change based on which model you're using. For instance, the default model gives it the old god purple effects. The fire sword would change that to a more fiery effect. The skull bearing wrath themed sword would be more none-magical (say a wind effect showing that its just you swinging hard), and the thunder themed model giving lightning effects.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

A more impressive bladestorm animation, mostly. All the other new attack animations are shiny, except furious slash which needs the meatier sound effects.

Maybe attaching an actual impressive yell to Battle Cry/Rallying Cry/Demo Shout, instead of the weird sound effect we've had on shouts/stance changes since day one of vanilla, because that's always bugged me.

Would also prefer if shield slam looked more like an actual slam instead of the kinda limp backhand it's always been. Modeled after the new charge maybe. It'd also stop the appearance of throwing your shield off to the side every time you do that, which has always driven me insane from a practical perspective (your shield is supposed to stay between you and your enemy ffs)

Absolutely new Bladestorm. Out of place lightning streaks, plus red glow out of vanilla, coupled with extremely awkward, in most cased, weapon position equals a very unsatisfying visual. It looks ridiculous and sad, especially after new Whirlwind effect.
    New Thunderclap animation would be nice, it's so old.

Deleted
    I don't think we will get more than new animations, but that is also ok imo.
    Just love the new WW and charge animation.
    If I had to add something to the wish list, it would be different sword position while not swinging, based on the skin being used. That or some other visual based on skin.

Deleted
    Dismemberment. Definitely not going to happen though.

I want crits to give that old "Deep wounds"-effect (Visual and sound effects, not damage), the splurt-sound and stuff makes crits seem more meaty overall, and that goes a long way to selling the "Weapon master"-idea.

Deleted
    Maybe have bladestorm look like a huge tornado with weapons spinning in it when your spinning around=

I'm pretty hyped for the new melee animations, especially the new sounds, everything sounds really sharp in the Alpha.

Old stuff
    Bladestorm could use some polish, it looks really aged next to the other new animations.
    Avatar as well, it's supposed to make you look metallic, but you just look grey and slimey.

New stuff
    Defensive Stance for Arms makes you equip the generic alliance/horde shield Spell Reflect uses, it would be neat to have a glyph like Weaponmaster to show a shield from your bag instead.
    Ignore Pain for Prot is pretty underwhelming, you get a black skull over your head, I think it's the old Bloodrage effect?

Artifacts
    Fury: It would be cool if killing blows sometimes made a Val'kyr descend to pick up the soul of whatever you killed. Would fit in with being Odyn's champion and wielding his weapons and stuff.
    Prot: Grow horns, grow wings, cough up fire or somethng, wielding Deathwing's scale could have some side effects on you, make you a bit of a Drakonid. I guess that's what they're going for with the T19 armor, but something prot-specific would be cool.
    Arms: Stromkar should whisper stuff to you, I loved how Xal'atoh did that, you could even have dialogue windows with conversations.

I'm not sure if it's been posted before but the new Heroic Leap looks amazing

Execute crits could make lightning rain down on our enemies \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Calith- View Post
    I'm pretty hyped for the new melee animations, especially the new sounds, everything sounds really sharp in the Alpha.

Old stuff
    Bladestorm could use some polish, it looks really aged next to the other new animations.
    Avatar as well, it's supposed to make you look metallic, but you just look grey and slimey.

New stuff
    Defensive Stance for Arms makes you equip the generic alliance/horde shield Spell Reflect uses, it would be neat to have a glyph like Weaponmaster to show a shield from your bag instead.
    Ignore Pain for Prot is pretty underwhelming, you get a black skull over your head, I think it's the old Bloodrage effect?

Artifacts
    Fury: It would be cool if killing blows sometimes made a Val'kyr descend to pick up the soul of whatever you killed. Would fit in with being Odyn's champion and wielding his weapons and stuff.
    Prot: Grow horns, grow wings, cough up fire or somethng, wielding Deathwing's scale could have some side effects on you, make you a bit of a Drakonid. I guess that's what they're going for with the T19 armor, but something prot-specific would be cool.
    Arms: Stromkar should whisper stuff to you, I loved how Xal'atoh did that, you could even have dialogue windows with conversations.

Fairly sure only prot has shield wall now (ability with the shield effect) so no worries I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Calith- View Post

Now if bladestorm can get such a touchup. Major cooldowns should all look so impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Fairly sure only prot has shield wall now (ability with the shield effect) so no worries I guess.
    Defensive Stance for Arms looks like this:

10+ Year Old Account
    IDC what the animations look like. This class has already gotten enough good treatment from the devs already.

I still want a Warrior only flying mount, making Bladestorm into a helicopter!
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I still want a Warrior only flying mount, making Bladestorm into a helicopter!
    Minor Glyph, when out of combat you may bladestorm indefinitely and fly!

I wouldn't dislike some more lightning flying around. Or some form of aura which changes depending current rage.

Don't care much for effects and such but new animations, thats cool. Some of them look really nice and I hope they keep on adding more.
    Different default poses is something I'd like as well. Love orcs but don't like the way they look when they are in the "aggresive" pose, or whatever you'd call it. Same with dwarves really.

I have my doubts about quite a few things in Legion but the visuals and animations sure look great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    IDC what the animations look like. This class has already gotten enough good treatment from the devs already.
    Are you talking about all those new animations that other classes also use?

Maybe like a small battlecry whenever you score a large crit with an ability, kinda like the human male/female shout when they score a crit with auto-attacks.

Or just a nice unique melee attack animation, flashy enough to make the other melee at least a little jealous.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Maybe like a small battlecry whenever you score a large crit with an ability, kinda like the human male/female shout when they score a crit with auto-attacks.

Or just a nice unique melee attack animation, flashy enough to make the other melee at least a little jealous.
    I think the only melee so far with unique animations, are monk for obvious reasons, and isnt the Death Knight Death Strike still a unique animation?