Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclusivity is key - titles and mounts should be removed

At the moment mythic titles and mounts are not removed (made unobtainable) when the next tier and massive nerfs to the previous one hit live servers. This leads to a situation in which titles are completely irrelevant and have no meaning. This is saddening. Especially since we already had a time in which a title meant a lot (you knew what was up when you saw someone with Death's Demise).

Also the mythic exclusive mount of the first tier should be removed as soon as the second tier hits (clefthoof of blackhand should have been removed when HFC launched) because let's be real Blackhand mythic is very very easy with 740+ (even with 710+). Again the mount has no meaning it should be reserved for the best PvE players (mythic raiders that do content when it's actually relevant). To offset this a little bit there should be a heroic exclusive mount (one drop per 10 players) and title to give motivation for pug and casual raiders as well.

Conclusion: Add title and mount for heroic BUT remove all titles/mounts associated with the current tier when the next one hits live servers in order to create meaningful rewards that stay over time.

If they want mounts to be rewards for the players for doing the content, they make them like the Kor'kron War Wolf: You kill the boss, you get it.

1 drop per kill mounts are farm bait. Their goal is to keep people logging in every week. Lots of Mythic raiders who have killed Archimonde numerous times are not gonna get their mounts because their guild is selling carries instead.

Lol. Yeah sure, let's remove sub-bait (shit you have to farm) and take away the soloing of old content from the game. That'll be amazing, less options is always better! (Spoiler; It's retarded).

Raiders (myself included) get to have these shiny things while they're relevant, that's more than enough. Certain titles/mounts being removed is OK, but ALL of them? No. Hell no. I enjoy having shit to strive for even when the content has become outdated, be it transmog sets or mounts I wasn't lucky enough to get whilst current.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-02-28 at 04:57 PM.

Hmmm.... Nah.

Don't mind the title becoming obsolete. Cool, you killed x boss back then - what matters is current content, so get that new title on to show you're STILL good, not someone who is washed up/bought a carry.

Indifferent on the BH mount. On the one hand he is totally faceroll and everyone will have the mount come next x-pack, but on the other hand, many raid groups wouldn't have been able to pass out the mount to everyone before the next patch. That's 20 weeks you need AT LEAST. TBH would rather they just keep mounts for the end of x-pack bosses and not the middle ones.

But really, it doesn't bother me that someone has an old raid title - I have the new one and feel my "pride" in my current accomplishments. If I really need to be an A-hole I can just link my achivment date to someone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    1 drop per kill mounts are farm bait. Their goal is to keep people logging in every week. Lots of Mythic raiders who have killed Archimonde numerous times are not gonna get their mounts because their guild is selling carries instead.
    Imo only 1 mount drop is pretty bad, Garrosh 25 dropped 2, and it's not like that mount is very common. 20+ weeks for everyone in a raiding guild to get one is quite a lot.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Counter Point: Titles are unique and special when they are current. At the point where any average joe can get them, you should have already moved on to a bigger, better reward. If you only care about the actual rewards for your person, you won't care what else is available or who else has them.

So in the end, this doesn't matter at all.
    BAD WOLF

oh look..another "Only I can be a special snowflake" thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Imo only 1 mount drop is pretty bad, Garrosh 25 dropped 2, and it's not like that mount is very common. 20+ weeks for everyone in a raiding guild to get one is quite a lot.
    I agree. It's definitely a bit overkill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. let's not do that. It's bullshit for people that want to collect mounts or solo old content.

Your reason for wanting this seems to have more to do what other people think of you rather than what's good for the game anyway.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    Your reason for wanting this seems to have more to do what other people think of you rather than what's good for the game anyway.
    Quite the opposite. Otherwise I wouldn't propose adding a heroic mount and title. It's about increasing participation in current content.
    And yes mythic should drop 2 mounts (20+ weeks for everyone in the guild is too much time).

I know if I saw a bunch of guys with cool mounts and titles standing around in Dalaran and then I asked how you got them? And they were like "BE GONE PLEB, THIS DOESN'T CONCERN YOU. FOR THIS IS EXCLUSIVE CONTENT!" I would recruit like 500 people. I know 1000 people who resubbed just for exclusive content, and I'm sure they each know 1000 people.

Not getting goodies is super fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Quite the opposite. Otherwise I wouldn't propose adding a heroic mount and title. It's about increasing participation in current content.
    And yes mythic should drop 2 mounts (20+ weeks for everyone in the guild is too much time).
    Adding mounts that are removed at the end of the tier/expansion won't really improve participation. People who don't want to raid aren't going to raid because of a mount; at most they'll buy a carry to get through it once to get the mount and then never do that raid again. The Grove Warden is a pretty good example of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No.

The current system works fine, I'm sick and fucking tired of content being ripped away so the 1% can jack off to how 'cool' they think they are for being a 'hardcore' raider.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather do it like this; enter an older tier, you get automaticlly scaled down to the maximum ilvl of the current tier.

- Lose the ability to solo old raids.
    + keep all the mounts at the same drop % as when they where relevant, and all titles available.
    ++++ way more content in the game

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because a player can *eventually* obtain the title/mount doesn't outright devalue the achievement itself. IMO, AOTC is sufficient for player prestige. If someone really wants the mount or whatever, knock yourself out. Not everyone is going to bother with it.

Deleted
    I can agree with titles being removed after the content stops being relevant, but the system with mounts is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    I would rather do it like this; enter an older tier, you get automaticlly scaled down to the maximum ilvl of the current tier.

+ keep all the mounts at the same drop % as when they where relevant, and all titles available.
    ...How the fuck does removing content equal more content? That OLD content is OLD, are you telling me that you'd consider it good content when it would just be sitting without participation because it can't be soloed but ain't relevant enough for guilds to wanna go there? Are you seriously suggesting they waste time and resources every expansion bringing rewards from every previous raids up to the current expansion? Because that's dumb...Timewalking features for raids, OPTIONAL, wouldn't be wrong but just blatantly enforcing a "no soloing!" policy? No thanks.

Old content becoming soloable once the content is outdated is perfectly fine. People with SSS can just be good and get rewards LOOOONG before everyone else if it's that important to them. New expansion should mean NEW content. WoD got so much flack yet people are still asking for LESS options...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-02-28 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, exclusivity is not a key. All it serves is to create a greater chasm between "People who can punch through 8 hours straight of raiding and have great skills" and "People who can't punch through 8 hours straight of raiding (even though some might play the same amount of time in several sessions), regardless of skill".

Look, I consider myself skilled. I do think that, had I been able to in time, I would've cleared mythic. But since I can't spend 8 hours straight in a raid group - mainly because I have a job - then I'm being rejected from end-game content and rewards. When new expansions releases, I can at least try to solo these old raids of which some are still incredibly challenging to solo. I deserve these mounts. The reality is that I've probably spent as much time as anybody who raided mythic at that point before I got the mount. That's how I got Invincible, that's how I got Ashes of Al'ar, that's how I got Alysrazor, that's how I managed to get the White Hawkstrider back in Wotlk and that's how I'll continue to farm these mounts.

So seriously, I don't care if you feel entitled to have this mount only during relevant content. I disagree wholeheartedly about it and I strongly believe that mounts should be a reward of dedication and time, which are both things that can be done by soloing old raids.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Yes, i agree. I only do PvE when i see epic rewards, and exclusive things are the biggest factor for me.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post

That would severely devalue the mounts/titles, IMO.
    As timewalking has demonstrated, just lowering our ilvl isn't sufficient to give players that old feeling. Between talent revamps, artifacts, legendaries and general changes to specs, we'd trivialize encounters, and see hordes of Invincibles and Mim heads.