Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you care about job title and/or if?

So do you personally care what your job title is and do you think people think less of you because of it even if you earn more than them?

For example I was a labourer a few months ago working 50-60 hour weeks barely making a grand and I hated the job. Now I deliver food and work 20 hours less and make 1000-1400 a week. So if you were to say meet someone and they told you "I work at mcdonalds" but they earn more than you (highly doubtful but yo uget what i'm saying) what you think less of them simple because of what they do not how much they earn?

10+ Year Old Account
    1000-1400 for 20 hours a week? Is this really you just trying to brag?

Serious question, is "food delivery" some kind of code for dealing drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    1000-1400 for 20 hours a week? Is this really you just trying to brag?

Serious question, is "food delivery" some kind of code for dealing drugs?
    can you read? I said 20 hours less, meaning 30-45 hours and delivery jobs might be different pay rate where you live but I get $15 an hour + delivery fee, I make about 200-250 a night not including any tips I get which is rarely that much because you don't tip in australia.

I dont think less, or more, of someone because of their job, job title, or earnings.

Not my right to judge someone. Who knows what happened to get them there?

Their actions and morals are what make me think more or less of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    can you read? I said 20 hours less, meaning 30-45 hours and delivery jobs might be different pay rate where you live but I get $15 an hour + delivery fee, I make about 200-250 a night not including any tips I get which is rarely that much because you don't tip in australia.
    Sorry about the confusion, but that was a hell of a run-on sentence.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about job titles, but many of them do indicate things about a person.
    I don't think more or less about someone based on their income either though.

Fancy title will help you in the dating game, but so will a higher paycheck.

Deleted
    I could care less tbh and while what I am about to write might seem like bragging, it's not what it is.

So lets see, I am 32 and got my university degree (4 year master) in Sociology. I am currently working as a nurse (taking care of those who have gotten handicapped due to an accident or disease) most of the week and one day for my local union. I was also recently elected to sit on the board of directors for my political party.

Is this what defines me thought? Not really because at the end of the day what I care about is to come home to my dog and apartment and just lay on the sofa watching some funny clips on Youtube, have some good food and play some games. Since I was bullied growing up it somehow gave me the mindset to not give a shit about what other people think of me. If someone looks down on me because I work as a nurse, for the union or that I am politically involved, does that change anything at the end of the day? Do you have this person standing in your home saying this all the time? If not, then just be yourself and be happy, dude. Because that's all that matters in the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovbiff View Post
    I was also recently elected to sit on the board of directors for my political party.
    No offense but they probably chose you because you are easy to manipulate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    No offense but they probably chose you because you are easy to manipulate.
    It kinda is an offense, since you don't know me or anything about the political party I belong to. I think you speak from a place of political aversion more than insight, which is your right. But before making comments like this, I wouldn't dismiss someone before knowing something about the issue.

they could call me senior doo doo mc poo poo butthole mc farty pants and id be completely fine as long as i continue to get my $31/H

Fine line for both. Do something you enjoy on a day by day basis while being provided enough to live in a solid foundation.
    Doing what I enjoy will always be more important that Money, the fuel for choices. I'll say whatever current position I'm in, nothing to hide especially if you have a larger goal.

No I don't care about job title but I will laugh at someone if they try and dress up their job title lol. You're not a Sanitation Facilitator you're a janitor, just say you're a janitor there is nothing wrong with that at least you're working.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Seems like a perfectly average starting salary. However, $1000-1400 for a 30-40 hour week seems like slave labor to me.
    The fuck are you talking about? I live in NC in the US and I know people who work 40-50 hours a week and bring home $1200 at CVS after 5 years of employment. Where the hell do you live that $1,400 is considered an average salary for a mere 20 hour work week? Are you talking about really high paying jobs? The average job does not have this output of cash.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was a high school teacher for 7 years along with a second job during the later part of that pulling about 40k a year. My wife was pulling in over 85k as a GM of a popular home goods store. We were living pretty good until she passed. Now I work at a factory doing a job I actually love just as much as teaching making around 50k a year. It's the not the same though because I never get to see my kids. The benefits are a hell of a lot better, being that they are free and my kids go to a private charter school paid for by my job.

However, I would give it all up to teach again.

Most people change their titles when talking to you at bars to impress you. "Beauty technician"

I've noticed that government and education jobs that don't pay very much have some really awesome titles.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

So do you personally care what your job title is and do you think people think less of you because of it even if you earn more than them?

For example I was a labourer a few months ago working 50-60 hour weeks barely making a grand and I hated the job. Now I deliver food and work 20 hours less and make 1000-1400 a week. So if you were to say meet someone and they told you "I work at mcdonalds" but they earn more than you (highly doubtful but yo uget what i'm saying) what you think less of them simple because of what they do not how much they earn?
    My parents taught me not to care about their job/status, but how they are as people.
    I don't care about what i do myself as long as i enjoy it. Obviously i do like money so i do care a bit about that, but i rather earn less and have a lot of spare time, then earning fortunes and having no time for myself.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

1000-1400 yen is not that much.

For real now:
    My bro doesn't even have any title or education(he wasn't studying anything), though he could still buy like 1/5 of companies in my city. He doesn't care about "titles" or whatever they call people.

Me? Well, it really depends which title. Though I respect everyone almost equally(the people that I don't know, some people are just dicks).
    Last edited by Eazy; 2016-02-28 at 08:14 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

For example I was a labourer a few months ago working 50-60 hour weeks barely making a grand and I hated the job. Now I deliver food and work 20 hours less and make 1000-1400 a week. So if you were to say meet someone and they told you "I work at mcdonalds" but they earn more than you (highly doubtful but you get what i'm saying) what you think less of them simple because of what they do not how much they earn?
    I live in Australia. One of my Mates is a Manager at McDonalds and makes more than what a lot of other friends make.

I don't really care what peoples Job titles are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im an archaeologist. Can't be any more self explanatory than that.