Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. I know that 0.23 is 23%, just somehow stuck using the formula, guess accustomed to. Anyway adding average makes the end calculation even better and easier to handle. The actually % is important to me to prioritize in taking along. Thank you both.
    By using the field format of 0.00% I get the exact thing I want.
    Btw Holypeter, I am not gonna ask access to your sheet (cause it's restricted), but I get the general point and will do some adjustments for upcoming months.

Deleted
    In my experience attendance tracking doesn't to much to motivate people to be on time, and you said it yourself giving them a lot of fake points wouldn't mean anything, so why would a token your late note do?

No, in my experience the only thing that motivate slackers is when there are people who can replace them.

Have a spreadsheet that is filled in the minute raid time starts. Available for all to see, but only officer can edit. Either people are on time, late, or absent. If they are late or absent but had posted that they would be gone, then it doesn't count against them (still track it though to make sure no one is making up excuses to just leave).

If you don't show up a lot, don't help with farm, always late etc, officers will skip over you and give loot to people who do show up on time/ can make every night as it helps the guild more to give loot to people who show up.

Also if players show up late, they're normally sat unless we need their class for something. Only really works if you have a full group though. If people are consistent late/no-shows, then they get sat more often on progression when swapping up for comps.

If none of that is incentive enough, then they're never going to be reliable.

Not sure if you're still looking for a spreadsheet but there's a copy of the spreadsheet we use for attendance over here: http://tinyurl.com/jpnpjge

Looks like

I've removed our names from it but it's pretty obvious where they go. It's got an Archimonde Mount bracket list on there too since we give the mount out through rolling between attendance brackets. Up the top of the 'TOTAL' column is a number, just replace that with a running tally of however many raid nights you've had. So if you're just starting attendance it'll be 1. Everything else is calculated for you

Deleted
    ... It's got an Archimonde Mount bracket list on ....
    I am sorry (maybe to tired) but I dont get the formula for your tracking.
    Can you pls explain it to me?

Btw Holypeter, I am not gonna ask access to your sheet (cause it's restricted), but I get the general point and will do some adjustments for upcoming months.
    You just have to make a copy and then you can freely edit it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holypeter View Post

You just have to make a copy and then you can freely edit it
    I need permission from you to access the sheet in general to be able to copy it, as you have not set the access rights to "view for all with link" , but irrelevant. Good examples none of the less all around.

Deleted
    Oh Snap... so sorry
    Link!

Quote Originally Posted by Holypeter View Post
    I am sorry (maybe to tired) but I dont get the formula for your tracking.
    Can you pls explain it to me?
    I didn't explain it very well first time around, sorry :<

It's just a list of peoples names and their attendance percentile, basically a copy of columns E, F and G but sorted into brackets instead of alphabetically. On ours since it's all filled out all the blue percentiles are 95-99% attendance, purple is 90-94% and so on so forth. It will auto-update whenever columns E or F are changed so makes it easy to see at a glance who is in what attendance bracket

EDIT: After having a look at your spreadsheet Holypeter, I see there's a much easier way to get percentiles. We did ours a little weird because it's carries over from another spreadsheet, but if you're starting fresh then there's no reason to use a 'days' column at all. I've changed my template to reflect the easier method now
    Last edited by Elevyn; 2016-03-01 at 01:24 PM.

If we're sharing, then: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I don't numerically track late arrivals, I just keep an eye to see if there are repeat offenders so I can talk to them.

Deleted
    We have a google doc where we plot in whether people are there the whole raid duration(20:00-00:00) and whether they are not. We dont usually refer to this document when handing out loot as it is usually pretty clear for us who should get loot over others.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    In my experience attendance tracking doesn't to much to motivate people to be on time, and you said it yourself giving them a lot of fake points wouldn't mean anything, so why would a token your late note do?

No, in my experience the only thing that motivate slackers is when there are people who can replace them.
    I have the same train of thought but I think I'm on a different wagon. I agree punishment doesn't do much. Though I wouldn't say that the threat of replacement is optimal either since it might be best to have motivated people anyway, and if they aren't they shouldn't raid, or they wouldn't want to raid, which produces the inattendance result.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftMages View Post
    I have the same train of thought but I think I'm on a different wagon. I agree punishment doesn't do much. Though I wouldn't say that the threat of replacement is optimal either since it might be best to have motivated people anyway, and if they aren't they shouldn't raid, or they wouldn't want to raid, which produces the inattendance result.
    But if you distribute loot with Loot council or you have 20+ppl in your group and you want to progress e.g. on mythic Xhul, then you have an good indicator..
    Motivated ppl are exactly as important as reliable people.

Deleted
    These lists are no good. Because how bad some officers are they will need months to finally realize that I am not a machine and believe my time is worth more then the teams.... And kick me out after I have already invested social capital into the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by iamahleong View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking for ideas for Raid Attendance tracker.

Unfortunately we do not use DKP/EPGP for loot , instead we use Loot Council.

Our raids are usually delayed by at least 10-15 mins even when we have full team and telling people to be there 15 mins prior. So now we're planning to start with the attendance tracking and make it transparent to all.

The question i wanna ask is, how do your guild handle attendance tracking? I was thinking of running google sheets and manually key in attendees late/ontime/leaving early etc.
    switch to epgp even if you continue to heavily rely on loot council. you can continue to arbitrarily give gear to your favorites, which is all loot council ever ends up being, but use ep gains to track attendance.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    switch to epgp even if you continue to heavily rely on loot council. you can continue to arbitrarily give gear to your favorites, which is all loot council ever ends up being, but use ep gains to track attendance.
    Oh dear lord another great advice ............
    Sarcasm off.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to use EPGP for loot distribution. Continue to use your loot council system as always

Instead use EPGP as follows:
    1. Award 10 points for ontime to everyone online at start of raid. Whoever who wast there in raid grp when you awarded the points, misses out on the points.
    2. Then you can setup a recurring system to award 5 points every 15 minutes of raid till end of raid.

So for example if you raid 3 hours a night, person who was there all 3 hours and showed up on time will get 180/4 * 5 + 10 = 235 points and the person who was 10 minutes late will get (10 + 5) = 15 points less = 220 points.

At the end of the week, if you do a /epgp and sort by EP. it will list you the raiders from highest attendance to lowest.

The spreadsheet alternative is nice and comprehensive but it is seriously tedious for the person who has to manage it. Expect burn outs if you do that system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Attendance tracker has been added to the new version of Exorsus Raid Tools addon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KoTTT View Post
    Attendance tracker has been added to the new version of Exorsus Raid Tools addon.
    Noticed this and done away with all spread sheets I was using, its a great addition

Deleted
    We also use a spreadsheet to track attendance. If you wanna take a look here's a link docs google com/spreadsheets/d/14MviibgHio_oNt87B9FD27-3N_no-YmoxGfSkUvLx24/edit#gid=950641352

Also, if you want to make it non manual it's probably doable for the most part. Get a macro or something that throws out the list of people in the raid and then get a script done on the spreadsheet to take that list and assign values for the day. There's already some mostly finished scripts in there to add new players and things like that.

It's also wonderful how you're not allowed to post links with a new account

Quote Originally Posted by KoTTT View Post
    But I lost my class ability list and loot list. *sigh* first world problems.