Amazon EVGA GeForce GTX 960 Super Clocked ACX 2.0 4GB

Amazon have this card for $179.99 for the 4GB version on the Deal of the Day.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._i=11442809011

Is this a worthwhile deal? It looks very competitive price wise on part picker. There are 7 different models (ignoring the different memory configurations). Am I being dumb getting the one that's on Deal of the Day? I have a Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS so I should be able to handle this with my AMD 8320 unless I am being dumb. If it's relevant I have ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX MB.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2016-02-29 at 10:36 AM.

Dont buy whats ending on 60. 70 or 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Dont buy whats ending on 60. 70 or 80.
    Sorry, I am being a bit of a plank. I don't understand that comment.

It means 60 equals junk. Which is not worth throwing money at. If you are short on money to a 70. SAVE up untill you can afford it. That means look for 970 cards, not 960.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    It means 60 equals junk. Which is not worth throwing money at. If you are short on money to a 70. SAVE up untill you can afford it. That means look for 970 cards, not 960.
    The problem is that a 970 is almost double the price. For someone that only plays at 1920x1080 that seems like madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    The problem is that a 970 is almost double the price. For someone that only plays at 1920x1080 that seems like madness.
    What card are you replacing, and what games are you playing? A 960 is more than enough for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Save up a few more months then. Throwing money at a 960 is a waste of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd just wait a bit longer because the newer cards are out later this year I believe and if so the price should drop a bit more on the current ones.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    What card are you replacing, and what games are you playing? A 960 is more than enough for WoW.
    I have quite a few games. Play mostly GW2, ESO and Trackmania Nations . I have just got Fallout 4 and Shadow of Mordor so I am starting to play those a bit. Also just got ARK and my GPU is really battling with that, more so than Fallout 4.

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 which is really suffering
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2016-02-29 at 10:55 AM.

Deleted
    What card do you currently have?

That particular 960 is meant for ITX cases. Therefor it will perform less than normal 960s with better cooling.
    Not to mention that a 380 would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    What card do you currently have?

That particular 960 is meant for ITX cases. Therefor it will perform less than normal 960s with better cooling.
    Not to mention that a 380 would be better.
    I edited my post above. I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 which is pretty lousy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria View Post
    I'd just wait a bit longer because the newer cards are out later this year I believe and if so the price should drop a bit more on the current ones.
    Thanks. Going to do that.

I wouldn't bother with getting the current card "for cheaper" when the new ones drop, though. Theyre inevitably going to slot into the same price ranges as the current GPUs and will be FAR better.

Just wait and snag a new Polaris/Pascal GPU in your price range when they drop.