Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Console players are at a huge disadvantage compared to PC players when it comes to FPS games, so no. Seeing as this game is already locked in 6v6 mode, it already seems like people are going to be raging at the below average players.

Get reject on Overpwn with stupid topic, go to MMOchamp to repost it ... So I'll do the same and repost my response.
    No.
    Lot a games have tried it, and the result is simple, PC got overwelming advantage with the mouse and keyboard, and when you do a game on console you have to make it for pad users.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't care in normal unranked matches but Ranked mode needs to stay within its own system. Console players will never match PC players in accuracy with a controller. And if you're just gonna plug a mouse and keyboard in anyways why not just get a PC to begin with?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just going to lead to problems for console Overwatch, because people who don't bother with mouse/keyboard on their couch (most people, if we're honest) will get smoked by the PC players 90% of the time. The only alternative would be to software-restrict mobility to console controller levels, which is horrible for PC players, and would kill THAT market.

I like cross-platform in concept, but the hardware differential for the average player is way too high for it to be feasible with a shooter like this.

Wouldnt there be cheating on consoles? Same as d3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's just going to lead to problems for console Overwatch, because people who don't bother with mouse/keyboard on their couch (most people, if we're honest) will get smoked by the PC players 90% of the time. The only alternative would be to software-restrict mobility to console controller levels, which is horrible for PC players, and would kill THAT market.

I like cross-platform in concept, but the hardware differential for the average player is way too high for it to be feasible with a shooter like this.
    100% true. I see players who've done FPS on consoles for years switch to PC FPS and they get rocked. They don't understand that they no longer have aim assist and keyboard turn. So it's easy to run around and knife them. That's exactly what would happen to the Console players if they merged the communities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Wouldnt there be cheating on consoles? Same as d3
    The reason D3 has cheating is because your multiplayer character can be played in single player mode. So you can modify your character and then play it online. Your character data is stored on your console. On the PC that's not possible because your character data is stored on Blizzard's servers.

For a FPS there's generally no offline mode unless it's story mode so they shouldn't run into that issue. There will always be cheaters though.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    100% true. I see players who've done FPS on consoles for years switch to PC FPS and they get rocked. They don't understand that they no longer have aim assist and keyboard turn. So it's easy to run around and knife them. That's exactly what would happen to the Console players if they merged the communities.
    It's not even that they're worse players. That's not what I'm saying at all. There's a limit to how quickly a controller can change the viewspace, whereas my mouse, I can snap to look in pretty much any direction near-instantly.

It's like how people use "keyboard turner" as an insult, in MMOs, because turning with the mouse is WAY faster. It's that same issue, but moreso, in first-person shooters. Controller turners just can't keep up with kb/mouse players, due to hardware limitations.

I'd be okay with cross-platform if, say, you flagged yourself as "using controller" and it locked out kb/mouse; it's just that hardware issue that I have a problem with.

IMO all cross platform games should share players across server.

If console gamers are at a severe disadvantage with their controllers then hey maybe it's time for console manufacturers to stop making controllers designed for 80s platformers and barely modified in 30 years the standard for machines intended to play FPS games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    IMO all cross platform games should share players across server.

If console gamers are at a severe disadvantage with their controllers then hey maybe it's time for console manufacturers to stop making controllers designed for 80s platformers and barely modified in 30 years the standard for machines intended to play FPS games.
    The problem is console players enjoy being able to sit back, with a small controller and just pick up and play a few games. Couch + controller > m+kb and desk. Ask far as comfort goes at least. I can't imagine a drastic change to a controller that would make it keep up with m+kb without sacrificing that comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    The problem is console players enjoy being able to sit back, with a small controller and just pick up and play a few games. Couch + controller > m+kb and desk. Ask far as comfort goes at least. I can't imagine a drastic change to a controller that would make it keep up with m+kb without sacrificing that comfort.
    I don't see why they don't at least have optional m+kb type controllers, possibly with a trackball or some kind of lap mat or otherwise adapted to couch use, and have all FPS games support them. That way you can play with a console controller when you CBF, or something suitable for FPS when you want to get more serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't see why they don't at least have optional m+kb type controllers, possibly with a trackball or some kind of lap mat or otherwise adapted to couch use, and have all FPS games support them. That way you can play with a console controller when you CBF, or something suitable for FPS when you want to get more serious.
    Ideally but really I don't feel that 95% of players even care to be that competitive. Not even PC players. Console players may want to mix with PC players but even the most casual of m+kb players should trounce a console player. At the end of the day though I feel they may need to do it just to keep the community alive on console.

Would make absolutely no sense.

Completely different environments, just keep them separated.

7+ Year Old Account
    most console player are not going to have a mouse and keyboard. pretty sure blizzard will keep the console and pc play separate. seems like the safe move for them, if there trying to avoid public player outcry.

imo i would rather them have no cross play, that just imo tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be down with consoles being able to play together but I don't want to be playing with console players on my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    yeah consoles have never had any cross platform multiplayer games, or any that lasted. it's a nice idea but it sounds like it'd be more work for little pay off.
    DCUO,Rocket League,FFXIV,SFV. All have cross platform play with ps4. Sony has done it and microsoft outright refuses to do it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

While they might let fight-sticks slide in fighting games, I'm pretty sure Sony and Microsoft will not back any competitive e-sport where the players use a mouse and keyboard to play their consoles.

Deleted
    (in fedora wearig neckbeard voice) Well.. actually..

On serious note: (correct me if I'm wrong) Microsoft is going to implement FULL support for M&K in XB1 this year. AND. It's almost 100% certain that steam (at least some of it) is coming to XB1.

Now couple that with the fact that game licensing will work both ways (buying PC game allows you to play it on XB1) actually might bridge the gap... Who knows...

But again, for the sake of humanity, I hope games like FPS will REQUIRE M&K to work (at least for multiplayer mode - I don't mind if someone is derping around in campaign mode with a pad)...

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    (in fedora wearig neckbeard voice) Well.. actually..

On serious note: (correct me if I'm wrong) Microsoft is going to implement FULL support for M&K in XB1 this year. AND. It's almost 100% certain that steam (at least some of it) is coming to XB1.

Now couple that with the fact that game licensing will work both ways (buying PC game allows you to play it on XB1) actually might bridge the gap... Who knows...

But again, for the sake of humanity, I hope games like FPS will REQUIRE M&K to work (at least for multiplayer mode - I don't mind if someone is derping around in campaign mode with a pad)...
    If they'd made that their pitch for the XB1 instead of the disaster they had, maybe it would've gotten some more interest. What are they thinking?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want it simply cause my friend is getting it for PS4, Id rather have it for PC cause of skill difference and other friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a question, but is there ANY game that allows for cross-platform play?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.