Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    But no static secondaries. Static is always better than proc.

- - - Updated - - -

Current rendition is broken, but those static stats are worth their weight in gold.
    I am not talking about Ettin Fingernail, I was talking about Hunger of the Pack that you said was pre raid BiS which it isnt, pure str and crit doesn't make it best, also Ettin Fingernail is hugely RNG it's not counted as pre-raid, pre-raid is usually from dungeons.

Talking about this with Roth brought up and interesting point between us.

The combination of the 2 set (10% chance on a wound burst to activate runic corruption), Soul Reaper, and Apoc might be crazy strong (or a better word, silly). This is dependent on if the 2 piece counts each wound popped from Apoc as an individual chance to proc RC. However if it does, that means on the high end you could end up with 24 seconds of RC, as well as the 15 seconds of 21% haste. You would only need 5 wounds to proc RC to match SR's buff, which is still pretty low chance but it's interesting to think what that combo would do burst wise.

Also, likely with if CS ends up top, due to various factors we talked about (mainly SoW procs) we are thinking that the belt and ring would be best for use with CS. Gives a good flow of runes in with the ring, a reduction on FS rune expenditure from the belt, netting in more CS used. None of this is with sims or anything, but sounds like it would be a solid combination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post

The combination of the 2 set (10% chance on a wound burst to activate runic corruption), Soul Reaper, and Apoc might be crazy strong (or a better word, silly). This is dependent on if the 2 piece counts each wound popped from Apoc as an individual chance to proc RC. However if it does, that means on the high end you could end up with 24 seconds of RC, as well as the 15 seconds of 21% haste. You would only need 5 wounds to proc RC to match SR's buff, which is still pretty low chance but it's interesting to think what that combo would do burst wise.

Also, likely with if CS ends up top, due to various factors we talked about (mainly SoW procs) we are thinking that the belt and ring would be best for use with CS. Gives a good flow of runes in with the ring, a reduction on FS rune expenditure from the belt, netting in more CS used. None of this is with sims or anything, but sounds like it would be a solid combination.
    Runic Corruption duration was capped out at 10seconds last time I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    I am not talking about Ettin Fingernail, I was talking about Hunger of the Pack that you said was pre raid BiS which it isnt, pure str and crit doesn't make it best, also Ettin Fingernail is hugely RNG it's not counted as pre-raid, pre-raid is usually from dungeons.
    I could see why that would be a good way of looking at it overall, especially with only 20 days ~3 weeks to try for it. I can see where you're coming from.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Sorry if this has been discussed but at what point in an aoe rotation is it more beneficial to just use Scourge strike in your DnD and not apply festering wounds to the main target?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotemus View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed but at what point in an aoe rotation is it more beneficial to just use Scourge strike in your DnD and not apply festering wounds to the main target?
    If you don't have the bursting sores talent - then its always better to just ss/cs cleave and dont worry bout wounds for adds that wont live long beyond the duration of your DND

Lads, I was told Soul Reaper is now the better talent over DA???
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    I've heard the same, and I'm super happy about it, but I don't think there's enough proof to call it fact.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotemus View Post
    Without Bursting Sores

3+ targets

With Bursting Sores

5+ targets

now this does change if its burst AoE vs Sustained AoE, but general rule of thumb is "dont use wounds for any AoE phase that wont last longer than the duration of your DnD".

Now there is the exception that if its progression and your raid needs more single target dmg then it might be in your best interest to pepper in some wounds, But in that same situation an Unholy DK will probably be the last melee DPS spec you ask to stop "AoEing" to help with single target since Unholy and Rogues are head and shoulders above other melee specs in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    I've heard the same, and I'm super happy about it, but I don't think there's enough proof to call it fact.

DA is only God mode now because of the ring and short fights, otherwise SR is better the dmg is nice but the haste it gives is amazing. But with haste being our primary stat, then things like Sudden Doom, Double Doom, and Runic Corruption. I wouldn't be surprised if their is a Haste soft cap that is before the GCD cap, and at that point DA would probably take the lead. DA is still good for short fights or fights like Gorefiend where there is a dmg increase phase, but with the change they made that keeps us from gaming DA with pre-pull RP building like HFC and BoS it does loose some value.

It should be noted that DA does make getting 1 rank in Artifact trait Runic Tattoos early on needed as it lets us bank an extra DC, but with out DA that trait can wait some time in favor of other traits that increase damage of X as well as letting us unlock the golden traits sooner.

Agreed. The first 13 should include 1 pt in Runic Tattoos. I'm still not sure if I want to put all 3 relics toward Runic Tattoos or Dark Crusade.

Agreed. The first 13 should include 1 pt in Runic Tattoos. I'm still not sure if I want to put all 3 relics toward Runic Tattoos or Dark Crusade.
    First 13 wise 1 rank in Runic Tattoos is only good if you take DA a majority of the time, and with them removing the ability for us to bank RP pre-pull it looses some value when compared to other traits that we have that early on that are straight up dmg increases as well as it being out of the way it delays us getting all 3 golden dragons asap. Yeah that early on it may be cheap, but it bites you in the ass later when ranks start costing more and you still have golden dragons to unlock. Relic wise Dark Crusade is the best one iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    First 13 wise 1 rank in Runic Tattoos is only good if you take DA a majority of the time, and with them removing the ability for us to bank RP pre-pull it looses some value when compared to other traits that we have that early on that are straight up dmg increases as well as it being out of the way it delays us getting all 3 golden dragons asap. Yeah that early on it may be cheap, but it bites you in the ass later when ranks start costing more and you still have golden dragons to unlock. Relic wise Dark Crusade is the best one iirc.
    You should put your path together and show it off.

You should put your path together and show it off.
    First 13 http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...EJAxCgNF8DU1AQ

Then i go after Shambler, followed by double doom http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...QoDELA0XwNTUBA

From that point i will most likely go after + FeS then + DC, then Runic Tattoos, then the DG-Snare.

That's about what I had in mind, thanks for sharing!

DA is only God mode now because of the ring and short fights, otherwise SR is better the dmg is nice but the haste it gives is amazing. But with haste being our primary stat, then things like Sudden Doom, Double Doom, and Runic Corruption. I wouldn't be surprised if their is a Haste soft cap that is before the GCD cap, and at that point DA would probably take the lead. DA is still good for short fights or fights like Gorefiend where there is a dmg increase phase, but with the change they made that keeps us from gaming DA with pre-pull RP building like HFC and BoS it does loose some value.

It should be noted that DA does make getting 1 rank in Artifact trait Runic Tattoos early on needed as it lets us bank an extra DC, but with out DA that trait can wait some time in favor of other traits that increase damage of X as well as letting us unlock the golden traits sooner.
    Thank you for the explanation!
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Runic Corruption duration was capped out at 10seconds last time I checked.
    I believe I've gotten it higher than 10, I remember a time of 12 seconds, but not sure. Even then if it only goes to 10 seconds, that's easily increased via some DC's during that time and could extend to match SR, or if you're lucky and it doesn't that's still 10 seconds of pumping out damage.

I could see why that would be a good way of looking at it overall, especially with only 20 days ~3 weeks to try for it. I can see where you're coming from.
    It's about as rng to get as a dungeon drop Cus even though you can run dungeons a hell of a lot more you can rng and not get something for weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post

The combination of the 2 set (10% chance on a wound burst to activate runic corruption), Soul Reaper, and Apoc might be crazy strong (or a better word, silly).
    I completely forgot about that 2pc. If you go with that and then run Castigator and the legendary wrists, you could get some intense RC uptime. Maybe even something like 40-50%, considering how fast and how often I could pop wounds on beta with only a 13% crit chance.

As for how the 10% per wound is calculated, I'm not sure on SS or Apoc, but I think the wrists would be 10% each, since when I tested them and they proc'd, they seemed to pop each wound with a small delay in between for some reason.

Then i go after Shambler, followed by double doom http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...QoDELA0XwNTUBA

From that point i will most likely go after + FeS then + DC, then Runic Tattoos, then the DG-Snare.
    See, Im wondering if its better to hold off on Armies of the Damned to slightly rush The Shambler. Its probably NOT worth it. But im curious.

So we rush straight to Scourge of Worlds and then give it to the other talents right? also do we get 13 artifact traits if we farm all the dailies till heroic/normal release?