Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My weekly planner is in my head, but I tend to keep a daily goal planner. Just tasks I gotta finish by the end of the day. Or giving myself deadlines

Not unless I have something specific planned/scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    One of the things that changed my life when I was struggling was the moment I started planning every day in advance.

It always sounds easy to do so but it took me a great deal of discipline and focus to actually master this and use it to it's full effect. It actually still tests my discipline most days to sit down and write down a list of goals every day.

Do you plan your days in advance? Or do you just take the day as it comes to you?
    I plan what I will be working on for each day but, I don't plan out every hour or anything like that.

So you can get the best out of your days and thus your life?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I used to plan ahead more, and most details even in my free time. I am happier without doing so.
    Wait, so...Pendra works *differently* than the OP? Okay, time to go back to the lab, because what works for one person should surely work for everyone.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    God I fucking hate your threads, the topics are fine but the way you present yourself makes you seem like a huge douchebag

We get it, you are superior, people who plan ahead have great successful lives and the ones who don't are low life scum.

Now go make another thread about your life passions and jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Also basically give up spontaneity and living in the moment.
    One doesn't have to give up doing things on a whim. BY planning smartly, you allow for such flights of fancy easily and without impact to your overall goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitri View Post
    What is your response when things don't go the way you planned?
    Planning is also having a contingency and most of all good planning accounts for unexpected events by treating time fluidly.

If one is doing things smartly there is little that can break one's overall plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    One doesn't have to give up doing things on a whim. BY planning smartly, you allow for such flights of fancy easily and without impact to your overall goals.

Planning is also having a contingency and most of all good planning accounts for unexpected events by treating time fluidly.

If one is doing things smartly there is little that can break one's overall plans.
    Yeah but the thread is about daily planning which seems highly restrictive and inefficient.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Yeah but the thread is about daily planning which seems highly restrictive and inefficient.
    Depends on how you plan. I know that im going shooting today at 3pm. I know that im lifting afterwards. If my friends want to go eat after shooting, I can do that and push lifting back to a later time. It doesn't have to be rigid.

I hate making plans or commitments. I like to do what I want, when I want. I already have a work schedule, I don't need a life schedule.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    By definition having plans is contrary to being spontaneous.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Depends on how you plan. I know that im going shooting today at 3pm. I know that im lifting afterwards. If my friends want to go eat after shooting, I can do that and push lifting back to a later time. It doesn't have to be rigid.
    Yeah and I'm a nd of like that. But I dint rigidly plan every day in advance.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I used to sort of do it; at least set up a basic framework and expectations for what my day would look like. Once you have a baby though, that can go out the window in a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Yeah and I'm a nd of like that. But I dint rigidly plan every day in advance.
    Ya me neither. That's about the extent I plan it out unless for some reason im doing a ton of stuff with a lot of different people. Doing things on my own, I hardly plan. Doing things with others though, I plan pretty thoroughly just because im relying on them and they are relying on me. Like with shooting today. I get off work at 2. It takes me half hour to get home, then half hour to the range. Told my friend to be here no later than 230 so we can be at range by 3. Sun down at 6. Because of those factors, it has to be very thoroughly planned. Also with holidays and a gf. If we want to see both families, we have to set up a plan to ensure that we hit both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    God I fucking hate your threads, the topics are fine but the way you present yourself makes you seem like a huge douchebag

We get it, you are superior, people who plan ahead have great successful lives and the ones who don't are low life scum.

Now go make another thread about your life passions and jobs.
    Oh the irony

I feel like you only need to sit down and plan out your day if you are bad at time management, organization, self control, prioritization in the first place...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    By definition having plans is contrary to being spontaneous.
    You can have some general plans and, while working towards them, still be spontaneous, as long as you don't focus too much on the fine details.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Pretty much yes. I didn't before I had kids, but it's necessary now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    I feel like you only need to sit down and plan out your day if you are bad at time management, organization, self control, prioritization in the first place...
    Depends, if youre just taking classes then sure it becomes a routine. But there are many situations where you cant rely on your mental planner. A film director, producer , etc is an example. Meetings daily, and so many groups and categories, might as well have a planner in handy just in case
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2016-03-01 at 06:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You can have some general plans and, while working towards them, still be spontaneous, as long as you don't focus too much on the fine details.
    Yeah. But this isn't about having general plans. This is about planning your days.

Deleted
    One of the things that changed my life when I was struggling was the moment I started planning every day in advance.

It always sounds easy to do so but it took me a great deal of discipline and focus to actually master this and use it to it's full effect. It actually still tests my discipline most days to sit down and write down a list of goals every day.

Do you plan your days in advance? Or do you just take the day as it comes to you?
    This topic sounded so familiar to me so I had to check.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...their-own-life
    Maybe you should check your calendar about topics started on mmoc

On a more serious note, it doesn't sound like a bad idea. My life has come to a stall and has been that way for a while now so maybe I should try to come up with some kind of short and long term plan for myself.