Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatakau View Post
    They should put the decision makers behind the pet battle sytem in charge of the whole game, they seem to have their head screwed on!
    In case you didn't notice: The designers gave in to a massive uproar in the community. It's not the developers that forced this decision...it's the players. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post
    I personally wouldn't mind daily quests, or even so they did it that you have to battle other epic pets MoP style in order to get Epic EXP to gradually level them to epic. I dunno, but I don't want the concept to be given up on. Any pet lovers who get me on this? :P
    Let me think ebout it. Ehm....uhm....no...FREAKING HELL NO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    People complaining about having to level their pets again must go into conniptions whenever a new expansion rolls around and they're not at max ilvl anymore.
    You forget that you then get NEW(as in different looks etc.) gear, that you get MASSIVE new content, that your abilities etc. get changed and you get a whole new tier...etc. etc. etc.. Nobody would complain about getting an epic stone if it would be the bonus loot of new thrilling content. That's not what this was about. Imagine in Legion you would have to run through all the raid content of WoD again(and only that) where just the bosses have little tweaked abilities and as a reward you get the same gear with 5% higher stats....THAT is compareable to the idea of epic stones. You are trying to compare apples and oranges.....not working.
    Last edited by Pacster; 2016-03-01 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing i want for Legion is that it's hard again. Cata, MoP and WoD were too easy, to play, to level, to do instances and dont forget about the so-called "heroics".. they were a laugh, i havent died once in wod with leveling, it was too easy, make it challenging again, make it fun again.
    From a personal standpoint, if legion isnt challenging enough for me, i am out. For the time being, i already unsubbed and am just playing other mmo's and games.
    (btw, why do we still care about what ghostcrawler says? we all know he went to Riot Games, so he could give info to Blizzard for Heroes of the Storm. )

Thanks god no epic pets. All we need is more content, rather than pure grind disguised as new content.

Dunno what we're gonna do with all that content on the PTR...slow down blizzard!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Dunno what we're gonna do with all that content on the PTR...slow down blizzard!
    Still more content than 6.1.

Sigh. Another cookie cutter raiding talent tree for Holy Priests...

http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calcula...6AAAAAAAAAG73W

Sow what is wrong with having to level pets at this point. It would be added content for some. So the solution is to stay at 25 forever. Not that i care that much just a thought for those serious into the pet battles giving them something to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    All pet battles need are a better reward system. A few of the achievements added in WoD are a huge grind for a reward that is not so interesting. One of the main reason most people do it is they love to feel things are complete. If Blizzard were to add actual interesting rewards that you can show off and stand out a bit for different pet related achievements, that's all I feel would be needed. As pet battles stand, they are boring.

Deleted
    Maybe pet stones were good, but a change on rewards systems is a need.
    What about questing to gain reputation with new pet masters and once you become exalted you give to him ONE pet and he will "train" it for you during 1 mont. After that month your pet will be top lvl and top attributes, may be you can chose those attributes.
    Just an idea of what could be a good reward. Of course, gettin exalted must be painful and time costing, maybe each master gives dif attributes, just saying. Then you chose the master to level repu.

Maybe... Just dreaming...

It is true, better farming classes are often chosen by the semi-casual players. Raid balancing is tweaked such that it isn't massive which spec you use, while open world farming can vary quite a bit. You simply do par in the raid, keep your spot and with more efficient farming you can save up for that mount or simply have to spend less time farming for mats to enchant your gear. This is a major reason why many people don't like the healer spec: it has gotten better, but your gear isn't as good at farming as someone who just takes their raid dps or tank gear instead.

a new island eh!? must be a slow day on the ptr. must....keep... the.. hype.... train....moving...

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    You forget that you then get NEW(as in different looks etc.) gear, that you get MASSIVE new content, that your abilities etc. get changed and you get a whole new tier...etc. etc. etc.. Nobody would complain about getting an epic stone if it would be the bonus loot of new thrilling content. That's not what this was about. Imagine in Legion you would have to run through all the raid content of WoD again(and only that) where just the bosses have little tweaked abilities and as a reward you get the same gear with 5% higher stats....THAT is compareable to the idea of epic stones. You are trying to compare apples and oranges.....not working.
    Bullsh*t. We've been running the same content since Wrath with a new coat of paint. Don't stand in the fire, soak the large hits with a block, keep the HoTs rolling. Any "progress" that raiders have made is through their ilvl which gets reset every xpac. The bosses might have a shiny new model and /yell new dialogue, but we all know it's going to be the same song and dance once again.

Legion will be no different for pet collectors. We'll get 40-60 new pets, 3 of which might be useful against a single daily quest. The vast majority will be useless fillers, because Blizzard won't put in the effort required to make it as involved and in depth as Pokemon. Until they add breeding and the ability to learn new moves, there's no real challenge involved. (Which is why you only see the same 10~ pets in PVP.) Zeppelin decoy, Howlbomb, gg.

The only reason people complain now is because they're happy with their sense of "completion", as if it isn't already completely arbitrary.

Deleted
    One day Celestalon will actually answer a question with an answer instead of another question. His conceit is palpable.

On the Overwatch notes:

"It's better to be angry at the game, at Blizzard, or Jeff himself rather than being angry at each other"

I wonder how they gonna do it. From past experience, most of the time I blame my teammates rather than the game.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Sigh. Another cookie cutter raiding talent tree for Holy Priests...

http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calcula...6AAAAAAAAAG73W
    But there should be no cookie cutter talent tree with the new system!??!?! what is going on

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    many bosses will be on farm for far longer than they'll be on progression, at which point keeping the fights satisfying and not a chore is quite important.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Well to be honest no. Progression is certainly important but there comes a point where some classes continue to excel and others plateau or even go backwards based on encounter make up and I feel its important to take this into consideration.

Eg. lets take a fight that has a few adds here or there that are required to be killed as a priority. During progression and low gear a dot spec is just as useful as a direct damage spec in that both specs have abilities that contribute to the kill.

Weeks or months later (depending on how scaling goes) You might find that a dot class is looking rather pathetic simply because the add is being killed faster than the dots can do their job. Even if you are 100% aware that this is just what happens, it still feels rather crappy to be that player.

Now in today's game its possible that you have another dps spec to change too, but in Legion it certainly seems rather difficult to move from your "garbage" spec to your "viable" spec.
    100% know what you mean. Shadow priest is currently ridiculous. At the point of current over gearing if you spec into AS, adds almost always die too fast for it to be viable. If you then try to spec into cop you then lose most of your add damage and have very poor target switching. Combine this with a mediocre guild then you just have no middle ground because if you play cop you'll be forced to tunnel or do bad damage, and if you go AS you'll do bad damage regardless.

Gonna build a wall around that island to keep the gnomes out. Ironforge is gonna pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    Bullsh*t. We've been running the same content since Wrath with a new coat of paint. Don't stand in the fire, soak the large hits with a block, keep the HoTs rolling. Any "progress" that raiders have made is through their ilvl which gets reset every xpac. The bosses might have a shiny new model and /yell new dialogue, but we all know it's going to be the same song and dance once again.

Legion will be no different for pet collectors. We'll get 40-60 new pets, 3 of which might be useful against a single daily quest. The vast majority will be useless fillers, because Blizzard won't put in the effort required to make it as involved and in depth as Pokemon. Until they add breeding and the ability to learn new moves, there's no real challenge involved. (Which is why you only see the same 10~ pets in PVP.) Zeppelin decoy, Howlbomb, gg.

The only reason people complain now is because they're happy with their sense of "completion", as if it isn't already completely arbitrary.
    Well, can't help you there if you are that delusional. If you think that your char plays the same like in wrath and that you still fight the same bosses with different colors then all I can tell you that it's only like that in YOUR head. Yes, there will always be mechanics that repeat...after all it's about inflicting damage, avoiding damage and healing. There has to be a reason to bring a tank along...and a healer...so...
    If you claim that all fights are the same then I wonder why you play games at all. I mean, afterall they are just bits and bytes...and you use a mouse and/or a keyboard. If you come up with comparisons at least make them compareable...and don't try such a failed generalisation.
    Last edited by Pacster; 2016-03-01 at 11:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Well to be honest no. Progression is certainly important but there comes a point where some classes continue to excel and others plateau or even go backwards based on encounter make up and I feel its important to take this into consideration.

Eg. lets take a fight that has a few adds here or there that are required to be killed as a priority. During progression and low gear a dot spec is just as useful as a direct damage spec in that both specs have abilities that contribute to the kill.

Weeks or months later (depending on how scaling goes) You might find that a dot class is looking rather pathetic simply because the add is being killed faster than the dots can do their job. Even if you are 100% aware that this is just what happens, it still feels rather crappy to be that player.

Now in today's game its possible that you have another dps spec to change too, but in Legion it certainly seems rather difficult to move from your "garbage" spec to your "viable" spec.
    It only feels crappy if you are a sad dps whore (aka noob). If you are a mlg pro like a friend of mine (affliction warlock) you are happy because you can tunnel the boss since adds die without your help. This is all what farm is.

Take kormrok for example. I had to go combat during progress to kill the hands fast enough (i main a rogue) but during farm I stay subtlety. I could do more "OMG DEEPZZ" as combat but subtlety does tons more damage on the boss and we don't really need more help on the hands anymore. You see the difference between a sad noob like you and a team player like me? You are sad because you are not top on meters, im happy because the boss dies faster even though im not even top 5 as a rogue.