Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    More women than men get raped.
    Wrong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ual-abuse.html

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    That is the same article that he linked, the one that shows that 200k inmates a year are raped in prison as opposed to the 90k rape cases outside of prison. I am not saying those numbers are airtight, but that article does not a defense for you make
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, I'm just judging from what I see around myself. I personally am not afraid of being sexually assaulted late at night, walking in unsavory areas of my town. Being robbed, picked, etc. - yes, it is possible. Being sexually assaulted - doesn't even cross my mind. While, a woman walking in the same area at the same time of the day, apparently, will feel a bit different about it. Not saying sexual assaults against males don't take place, but I don't think it is a comparable issue.
    Considering this is the rarest form of sexual assault... no, it wouldn't be very common among men. Stranger danger rape isn't even worth throwing into the mix for comparison's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by negawonka View Post
    That is the same article that he linked, the one that shows that 200k inmates a year are raped in prison as opposed to the 90k rape cases outside of prison. I am not saying those numbers are airtight, but that article does not a defense for you make
    Why? Because they're prisoners?

Quote Originally Posted by Maltah View Post
    Why? Because they're prisoners?
    I think we are confusing each other.

According to those statistics more men are raped each year than women. You replied with a link to the very same article saying the word "wrong". I took that to mean you disagreed with the above poster and responded that using an article that shows he is right is not a good way to prove him wrong.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

~Yiddish Proverb

I think we are confusing each other.

According to those statistics more men are raped each year than women. You replied with a link to the very same article saying the word "wrong". I took that to mean you disagreed with the above poster and responded that using an article that shows he is right is not a good way to prove him wrong.
    I think you might be confusing posters, and responses. Maltah hasn't commented in this thread prior to the post you're regarding right now.

Also, pateuvasiliu wasn't disputing the post immediately above his. He and the above post are evidently in agreement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    And part of recognizing and understanding the problem is realizing that both genders are effected and one should not be excluded from anything in regards to sexual assault.
    Once again, we are not talking about "excluding" anything, we are talking about what problems to give priority to. It would be naive to say something like this, "Since both billionaires and homeless are sometimes hungry, we need to spend the same amount of resources on providing both billionaires and homeless with food". We have to prioritize problems. It is not exactly rocket science. Prioritizing doesn't mean ignoring some of the problems, but it does mean focusing on the more burning issues at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Once again, we are not talking about "excluding" anything, we are talking about what problems to give priority to. It would be naive to say something like this, "Since both billionaires and homeless are sometimes hungry, we need to spend the same amount of resources on providing both billionaires and homeless with food".
    Just to be clear, the male rape victims are the billionaires in this scenario yeah?

Deleted
    Once again, we are not talking about "excluding" anything, we are talking about what problems to give priority to. It would be naive to say something like this, "Since both billionaires and homeless are sometimes hungry, we need to spend the same amount of resources on providing both billionaires and homeless with food". We have to prioritize problems. It is not exactly rocket science. Prioritizing doesn't mean ignoring some of the problems, but it does mean focusing on the more burning issues at the moment.
    and this would be less asinine if it had any relation to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesTheRabbit View Post
    I think you might be confusing posters, and responses. Maltah hasn't commented in this thread prior to the post you're regarding right now.

Also, pateuvasiliu wasn't disputing the post immediately above his. He and the above post are evidently in agreement.
    That seems to be the case, when you are at work and people come in you sometimes get confused.

I apologize to all involved .
    ~Vernon Howard

~Yiddish Proverb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Because when it happens to a certain race and(or) gender more, it gets prioritized more. Girls are getting sexually assaulted more by boys, so it's not surprising that it's getting more attention.

I guess you can argue whether that's the right approach, but that's why it's happening.

oh you mean that 38% of victims is so small to not matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Just to be clear, the male rape victims are the billionaires in this scenario yeah?
    No, the billionaires are the billionaires in this scenario. I was merely illustrating the idea that various problems should be prioritized differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

That seems to be the case, when you are at work and people come in you sometimes get confused.

I apologize to all involved .
    I can empathize. I have some degree of change blindness myself.

If not for display pictures, I would probably get confused a lot more often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesTheRabbit View Post
    Adam, was it the "Dear Daddy" ad? Just kind of curious, now.
    No, I don't actually recall the campaigns name

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    No, I don't actually recall the campaigns name
    Right-o. I only took a guess because the aforementioned one has been making rounds, and espouses some messed up rhetoric.

Deleted
    My place of work (A sixth form) has posters for male victims of any abuse, both public posters and toilet ones with a free staffed helpline as well.

Was interested when I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    More women than men get raped.
    We can deal with more than one problem at once.
    An advertisement about rape on women does not mean that men don't get raped, or that there are no organizations/groups who oppose it.

Should "diversity" in the representation of gender specific crimes be forced?
    Including rape in jail it's either more men, or about even.

Lots of men are raped lots of men have been sexually assaulted or molested. We can deal with both problems at the saame damn time.

Now advertisements about rape and women are quite frequent while advertisements about men are essentially non-existent I have never seen one, ever.

Frankly they could just show some words and explain sitautiosn in a few words without showing any gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Unless that educated guess is based on credible statistics. Which was implied in what I said. But sure, let's argue semantics because that is the only way you can win the point when the facts are pretty much known.
    Sadly, as others have pointed out several times, the statistics were Not known. No one knows what the statistics are, so we are not arguing semantics. The Facts are pretty much known, no one knows the real statistics.

Again, where the hell did I ever advocate exluding one gender?
    I didn't imply you did, just that recognizing both genders is a crucial step that needs to be done. No separation at all in any of the programs going on to try to help victims defend themselves or raise awareness.

Awesome argument mate. Blame the victim, don't bother the perpetrator...
    Falsely labeling my statement as victim blaming isn't helping your case. Its not victim blaming when its the truth. How do you help the victim not become a victim hopefully in the future? Tell them how to defend themselves and how to stay safe. The entire point is to make sure there are no victims. If the preparation and advice fail, and a victim is created, then you move to trying to catch the one who harmed them. That is a lot harder when the victim is afraid and too shy to come forward, and thus, they get no justice. Exactly like what happens to male victims.

Did it ever occur to you that there are two different problems? You don't have to undermine female victims to fix the problem facing males.
    There is one problem, Sexual assault. Its not undermining females to include males. Its undermining the entire effort to exclude either gender. The information should be focused on both genders. However, right now, males need more attention then females. Males are struggling to come forward, and to be taken seriously. Females are not. The job is done as far as I am concerned to try to help Prevent sexual assault. Now we need to focusing on helping the victims. There are plenty of groups that help female victims, they are Well taken care of at this point. Its time to give males some attention.

- - - Updated - - -

And in my opinion, if that is the case, the thing needing to be prioritized right now is males being raped and sexually assaulted. Women have help groups that help them cope and come out. They are taken seriously, and in several cases, Too seriously just by hinting they were raped. Males are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

How is that not an article in my defence when he says more women are raped and I link him an article that states the opposite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Because when it happens to a certain race and(or) gender more, it gets prioritized more. Girls are getting sexually assaulted more by boys, so it's not surprising that it's getting more attention.

I guess you can argue whether that's the right approach, but that's why it's happening.
    some pretty... weird shit happens in locker rooms either for gym class or sports teams every day and that if it happened to chicks it would be considered rape and sexual assault but with boys its an unofficial part of growing up
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

we are talking about what problems to give priority to.
    That's the second time I've seen that turn of phrase. What exactly do you mean by "give priority?" Since you're making an argument for doing it based on the relative frequency of assaults against a specific sex, we should probably nail down what it means, yeah?