Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Okay let me be more clear: A giant condom covering a sewer vent is going to do jack shit about anything for anybody except look ridiculous and piss off people who don't like walking outside and seeing that shit.
    It forces people looking at it to ask questions regarding it and to have conversations. Just because it's your personal opinion that nothing will come out of it doesn't mean that's what is going to happen.

Also you mentioned people are culturally conservative in Tokyo, yet they have an odd definition of "conservative" which differs person to person. Last I checked the Akihabara distrcit is very much still a part of Tokyo :P.

Lastly how is a condom in any way offensive?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    The double standard here is real.

When people outside LGBT talk about the rampant STD problems consistent with those identities its somehow offensive.

But when "they" do it its a profound statement.

Retarded waste of dollars.
    Classic Zombergy, finding offense that goes against your delicate conservative sensibilities. The "rampant" STD problems statistic wise are more or less equal in heterosexual and homosexual people with some high numbers found in both.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    It forces people looking at it to ask questions regarding it and to have conversations. Just because it's your personal opinion that nothing will come out of it doesn't mean that's what is going to happen.

Also you mentioned people are culturally conservative in Tokyo, yet they have an odd definition of "conservative" which differs person to person. Last I checked the Akihabara distrcit is very much still a part of Tokyo :P.

Lastly how is a condom in any way offensive?
    It doesn't force anything. It makes people get annoyed by how flamboyant and agenda-pushing whoever put it up is trying to be. No kid is going to go buy a condom because he remembers seeing that random shit in a park likewise with a parent remembering to teach their kids safe sex. It does nothing but make people uncomfortable and ruin the atmosphere of the park.

Akihabara is a technology district with a lot of Anime and Manga flavored stores. It is part of Japanese pop culture. Japan is still a very, very conservative country.

A condom isn't offensive but making a huge and obnoxious phallic reference in public and expecting people to accept it and feel a new found love and sense of responsibility to teach safe sex is ridiculous.

Remember everyone, the way to get people too stupid to wear condoms to wear them is to do things that waste everyone's time and attention. Since when did "raising awareness for" equate to any kind of success when it came to something that nearly 100% of the applicable population was aware of?

If we were talking about something people don't think about, like low tire pressure and high frequency of fatal blowouts while driving, maybe we'd have something here

No lube? Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Dunno, you got something better to offer?
    I've got a huge throbbing... personality...?
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2016-03-02 at 11:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    It doesn't force anything. It makes people get annoyed by how flamboyant and agenda-pushing whoever put it up is trying to be. No kid is going to go buy a condom because he remembers seeing that random shit in a park likewise with a parent remembering to teach their kids safe sex. It does nothing but make people uncomfortable and ruin the atmosphere of the park.

Akihabara is a technology district with a lot of Anime and Manga flavored stores. It is part of Japanese pop culture. Japan is still a very, very conservative country.

A condom isn't offensive but making a huge and obnoxious phallic reference in public and expecting people to accept it and feel a new found love and sense of responsibility to teach safe sex is ridiculous.
    It is not supposed to induce a feeling of new found love in you, it's supposed to induce the shock factor which sticks in your mind longer. If a kid sees it they will most probably ask what it is in which case a parent can have that conversation since kids are curious.

The only "agenda" being pushed here is for safer sex. Both the intent behind the display and the potential outcome is to prevent STI's. Also you tend to make a lot of absolute statements and I didn't realize you were omnipotent knowing what effect it may or may not have. Oh and did you actually just claim that a parent teaching their kids safe sex won't make a difference? I would absolutely love for you to provide a source to back up that silly claim.

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

It is not supposed to induce a feeling of new found love in you, it's supposed to induce the shock factor which sticks in your mind longer. If a kid sees it they will most probably ask what it is in which case a parent can have that conversation since kids are curious.

The only "agenda" being pushed here is for safer sex. Both the intent behind the display and the potential outcome is to prevent STI's. Also you tend to make a lot of absolute statements and I didn't realize you were omnipotent knowing what effect it may or may not have. Also did you actually just claim that a parent teaching their kids safe sex won't make a difference? I would absolutely love for you to provide a source to back up that silly claim.
    Why is this an issue? Kids in Australia learn about condoms in school, everyone hears hundreds of times in their early life to always use a condom and simple logic would dictate that using one is a good idea.

So please find me a source that says that kids need more than simple auditory direction to practice safe sex and that putting up visual representations of birth control methods is an effective method of stopping the spread of STDs before you bombard me for pointing out how stupid this whole thing is.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2016-03-02 at 11:19 AM.

Classic Zombergy, finding offense that goes against your delicate conservative sensibilities.
    Yea ...I'm not a conservative.

I will however call out any retarded hypocrisy I come upon.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Freelance asshat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account

I will however call out any retarded hypocrisy I come upon.
    If you say so . It's cute that you conjure up make believe hypocrisies to feel offended on.

I wonder how many people upset about this are the same who say that contraception is murder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I wonder how many people upset about this are the same who say that contraception is murder
    "Hmm how can I subtly go off topic and start a shit storm over something completely unrelated?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    you could make a poll about it. You'll get a rise out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    you could make a poll about it. You'll get a rise out of it.
    I'll pass for now, thanks ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

ah sydney.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah damn, that's where it went. I was looking for it all last night ...

In all seriousness, ok? Cool story? Protecting their children tho... it's not going to be doing anything to them. At most you will have to awkwardly or not explain it to em or throw a usual parental lie.
    -K

talk about a giant sized cock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goradan View Post
    talk about a giant sized cock.
    Speaking of which...

Shouldn't it be latex? Or at least look like latex?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Should try to inflate it a bit so women walking by aren't reminded of the sad times they hooked up with a guy with a pencil dick.
    For an automobile, a semi truck is quite huge, but even that seems very small when it's driving into an airplane hangar.