Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    If you feel betrayed by a videogame then life is gonna be hard for you.
    I don't feel betrayed by a videogame, I feel betrayed by the company that creates it. Seriously. Nice try derailing the whole thing with nonsense.

Deleted
    Is this a question for basement dwellers only?
    Betrayed? Come on.... There is a world outside...

What I struggle to understand is why it's so different now? Content droughts have always happened before an expansion. If you are bored, unsub and come back in legion? They can't make content faster than it's consumed, unless they make it in-accessible to the masses. That comes with it's own problems *cought* TBC * cough*.

Development takes a very long time. They are probably developing the next expansion and planning the one after that right now, even that far ahead, and it can't be released in time to avoid a drought. It's impossible to do on this game. It's not like "DLC" on other games, that craps ready to ship at the same time the game it belongs to is.

What WoW needs, is a complete engine rewrite -0 start from scratch and add everything into a "new" game. They have said over and over about how limited they are by the engine, how much time is wasted e.t.c Fixing one simple bug can break 1000 other things - for nearly no reason.

They wanted to upgrade the basic backpack, remember? They couldn't because it's coded into 10,000 lines, if it's changed those 10,000 lines are broken, which subsequently break another 1000 each. It's a miracle we get content and updates as fast as we do frankly, people need to start appreciating that. It's not like they just pull all this stuff out their ass and stick it to the top of the pile with sellotape.

a content patch, with 1 raid would take months of planning, even longer being made (this is why they recycle assets where possible) and probably the same amount of time again just to be implemented. Patches will be tested internally for months before they even hit the PTR - It's a very long process
    Last edited by thunterman; 2016-03-02 at 02:38 PM.

Betrayed is a very strong word for this situation but for fucks sake I am seeing all kinds of apologist saying things like it's not a big deal I just unsub. Really people? Call me old fashioned but when I drop $50 on a game and $15 a month to play a game I already paid for, I expect content to keep coming at least every 3 months with big content patches every 6 months until the next xpac is about to release.

Having a game you bought and paid for but can't play unless you pay $15 a month or farm enough gold to buy a token is kind of lame. And don't give me the old "40k gold isn't that much gold to farm" it is if you only have time to play several hours week and you want to make the most of it. It's even worse if all you do is pvp because you make about 0 gold from that aspect of the game.

So let's say you unsubbed after your guild put normal/heroic Hellfire on farm. Let's say you had it on farm by Oct and you are tired of the content so you unsub. You didn't even get to enjoy your $50 a full year. Not to mention the $15 a month sub you pay (that supposedly goes to pay for servers and 'content development') that has by this point totaled $165. At this point you have paid $215 for a game that is lacking in content compared to pretty much every other expansion and you think it's okay that there is nothing enjoyable to do so you just unsub and that is somehow okay? Fuck that. If I had paid to that point and there was no new content out or on the horizon I think I would fucking riot.

People love to talk shit on those who play CoD and spend $60 on the game and another $50 on a season pass but $215 for one game that you played for 11 months is somehow better. Blizzard fans are way too fucking forgiving. You guys strike me as the type that would stay in an abusive relationship because "it's not that bad". And don't get me wrong I played WoW from late vanilla all the way up to the beginning of Wod and unsubbed a year ago as of last month so I'm not just some console fanboy. Hell I don't even own a console unless you want to count my old sega in a box in the garage.

I just feel like there is a core group of players that would literally be okay with anything blizzard does.

I guess /end rant lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Talk about first world problems... People sure do have a lot of free time in their hands.

It doesn't matter if the team is 40% bigger, if all the new guys have to be trained in order to help out in development.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2016-03-02 at 02:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Fruit Samus View Post
    So you mean the company that used to have gaps between expansions of like 8 months, like between TBC and Wrath, can, even when cutting out a whole raid tier, and with the biggest team ever - remember it's supposed to be 40% bigger or so - not avoid a content drought of like 12 months, or maybe even more?

Are they that incompetent? Is that your defense?

Honestly with all of the things that happened over the last years with Blizzard, I'm much more willing to believe in a malicious intent than mere incompetence.
    Gaps in content aren't new, they have literally been around since the dawn of expansions when it comes to World of Warcraft. I've literally read this exact post in WOTLK/Cata/MOP and now WOD. How are you so surprised by this concept? Also how are you so ignorant to the fact that is Blizzard do this every expansion to the point were you need to make a millionth post on the topic?

There doesn't need to be a defense here, it's up to the consumer to pay money to the company regardless of new tiers released every 4 months. Blizzard doesn't owe you anything, if you feel the game has lost its edge that's your issue, not theirs. You need to move on with your life and find a new game to play, other than no-lifing forums trying to rally people up to agree with your point of view... Just go outside and enjoy yourself dude, like I said before, there's PLENTLY of other games to play if you're bored of this one...

So you mean the company that used to have gaps between expansions of like 8 months, like between TBC and Wrath, can, even when cutting out a whole raid tier, and with the biggest team ever - remember it's supposed to be 40% bigger or so - not avoid a content drought of like 12 months, or maybe even more?
    You must be a project manager in real life, because it seems like you believe 9 woman can deliver a child in 1 month.

I live under a government defunding public infrastructure, playing shell games with the economy I'm supposed to eke a living from and actively hiding evidence of war crimes and paedophile rings.

But you think I should feel betrayed by an entertainment company failing to get it's shit together?

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    You must be a project manager in real life, because it seems like you believe 9 woman can deliver a child in 1 month.
    I'm a project manager, so please don't lump me in with this neckbeard.

Honestly with all of the things that happened over the last years with Blizzard, I'm much more willing to believe in a malicious intent than mere incompetence.
    It's almost like in real life, putting more people on a project makes it run slower not faster...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Hah malicious intent that is a new one, so you think that Blizzard have it in for you? Maybe they are out to get you just to make your life miserable and they do that with content droughts.. Better check that there are no Blizzard employees hiding in your room because they have malicious intent and want to get you..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-03-02 at 02:49 PM.

Betrayed? Okay, Illidan. "Betrayed" is way too strong a word for my taste. I don't know, I've just been around for a long time. They've made similar claims about shortening the gap between expacs a million times before, and I know by now that it's just wishful thinking, so I never had any expectation that Legion would be out sooner rather than later. WoD having more than two tiers would have been nice, but it's not really the kind of thing that keeps me up at night, nor does it destroy my faith in Blizzard to make quality content in the future. And on the subject of Blizzard, I don't buy into the popular idea that they've given up on WoW - when I watch interviews and presentations, I still see people who love WoW and are committed to making it as great as possible. So that positive perception I have of them goes a long way in softening my response to their occasional missteps - they're always trying to do better. I've never felt "betrayed."

15+ Year Old Account
    Given that I've totally expected it's not possible to put out content faster, I've never expected it. It was pretty naive to believe in that. As I see it, Blizzard might have wanted to try to do that but the reality is what it is. I don't believe you can get good content in a mmo at really fast rate.

Also, given that there are so many other things to do besides WoW and that ultimately, you can play WoW now and don't even pay the sub, I don't really think there is any reason to feel betrayed. Sure, I play less nowadays, but I don't mind. Tbh, I actually quite welcome it because I can share my limited free time with some other interests.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Cause it's a video game and I'm not a child? Honestly if you don't like it don't buy it anymore. WoW's not high enough on my priority list to feel betrayed by.
    Pretty much. I just took a couple months off, came back with no agenda and... meh. I'm actually leveling some random toon on a random server.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I am sad for you OP I truly am. If you actually feel betrayed by a gaming company because they are not feeding your fix quickly enough, you need to step back a second and take a hard look at your life. There is so much out there to experience, even if you want to stay in your home, there are other games, other mediums of entertainment. Getting your feelings hurt by a game company is so far from my reality that I can't even understand it.

Nothing is forcing you to play this tier for a year, you can do just like I did say "welp this was fun for a bit but now it is just tedious and the same thing, time to unsub". That way you come back when the game gets updated, no feelings are hurt. Even if they straight up maliciously lied to their customers, that's all this relationship is about, customer to business. There is nothing bonding that could be broken here. You consume their products because you like them. That's it. If you don't like what they are doing, consume other businesses' products.

Betrayed?

You talk as if Blizzzard has some sort of Service Level Agreement with us regarding the release of content... (FYI last time I checked there isn't) frankly this is on-par with every other release of an expansion so I find it right in line with my expectations of when new stuff will come out.

Also, differentiating between being "betrayed" by the company or the game doesn't make your use of "betrayed" any less hyperbolic...

Because I dont listen to what they say, because I dont feel entitled to anything only because I buy their games. Ever heard of "Let the world be"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    What I struggle to understand is why it's so different now? Content droughts have always happened before an expansion.
    There are a lot longer? Why is it so hard to understand that simple point? Do you not want to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fasolina View Post
    Betrayed?

You talk as if Blizzzard has some sort of Service Level Agreement with us regarding the release of content... (FYI last time I checked there isn't) frankly this is on-par with every other release of an expansion so I find it right in line with my expectations of when new stuff will come out.

Also, differentiating between being "betrayed" by the company or the game doesn't make your use of "betrayed" any less hyperbolic...
    You can't just lie to your customers without them feeling betrayed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    so you think that Blizzard have it in for you? Maybe they are out to get you
    Dude. Stop playing dumb. They are a company. What does a company want? Money obviously. And Blizzard has been resorting to highly unethical methods to get that money lately.

I feel scammed by this expansion. I put a lot of time into it because I thought it would get better. It didn't.

In that sense, I suppose I feel "betrayed". But I'd rather just unsub than muck about.

For me and my friend group, we're all buying Legion, but we've agreed it's their last chance. If Blizzard bombs this expansion, I'm not playing again until it's Free-To-Play.

Because:

1) It's just a video game
    2) There are much more important things to get worked up over
    3) I'm not a drama queen