Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    guess we know who buys wow gold cos ads are based on browser tracking
    The only WoW related site I have used on that iPad is this one.

(and the only I have ever "bought" has been from Blizzard)
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-06-18 at 11:57 AM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I actually started using ad block because of this site. The ads were so aggressive that they interfered with we viewing the content (the whole reason I even navigated to the site). the adds would routinely block: the reply key, the scroll up/down bar, the videos/links people posted.

If I go to the site for content, and the ads block the content then what is the point of going to the site at all?

Just to note: I timed this. It took 97 secs, ad block blocked 49 ads- that is an ad about every 2 seconds......

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    There is an Adblock Plus app for the iPad on the App Store. I currently use it.

https://appsto.re/us/8A1u9.i
    Sweet, thanks.
    Didn't realize how long it had been since I last looked for it.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    so much shit on this site and wowhead, its like zam and curse are out to exploit gamers with there shitty ad networks, why does mmo champion need adverts if its run by curse dnt they make enough money, and wowhead is jsut as bad for scripts and adverts as mmo-c. basically allyou need to protect your pc is malwarebytes,adgaurd and noscript, you dnt even need antiviruses anymore, since viruses are hard to code and make and distribute and you get little in return, the new threats are ransomware and malware and i suggest getting anti-malware program its in BETA but made by the same people who make malwarebytes

Deleted
    on my PC with adblock im pretty much always blocking 40+ ads, if i try and load this site on tablet/mobile with adblock, its slow as hell, guess its all those ads. this site and youtube ads are the reason i use adblock. mmo-c uses those ridiculous full page background ads, thats what made me get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    There is an Adblock Plus app for the iPad on the App Store. I currently use it.

https://appsto.re/us/8A1u9.i
    oh sweet, i remember a few years ago trying to find one, all i could was some shitty browser app that blocked ads, but the browser was shitty enough that i prefered to deal with the ads.

I wish there was some kind of way to tell adblock to autounblock sites if they match criteria set by the user.

Would be cool to support sites, without having to check for how much ads they are running, and then being frustrated.

Deleted
    I know, know, old thread, but relevant.

http://www.wsj.com/news/article_emai...NjExMjQxMzI2Wj

Eyeo GmbH, the company behind the popular online ad blocking software Adblock Plus, said Tuesday it’s launching an online advertising service to help marketers place “acceptable” ads in front of users with ad blockers turned on.

Wonder if this'll include virus/malware tests etc.

So... ad-block turns pro-profit ad-friendly.

Fuck greed.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    ABP has been "dead in the water" for while now, uBlock Origin does everything and faster.

When I use this site on my mobile phone, I get redirected to download an app, thanks to the ads. It is very frustrating trying to visit the forums on my phone because of this. I can't believe half the time I'm trying to cancel the redirect, and going back a page which takes me to the forum page instead of the topic I clicked on, and doing this 5 times before it lets me stay on the topic to read it.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    adblock is shit cos it lets ads through now but theres so many other options out there like ublock and adguard and many more, also i recommend getting noscript and ghostery aswell

mmo-champ's noise playing ads made me use adblock.

Ghostery does everything I need.

And OMG what's with ads on this site taking over Safari on iOS lately? Unescapable auto-open web pages and popup dialogs telling you you've won an iPhone 7.

Without even tapping one of the ads.

Had to give up using iOS to access MMO-CHAMP.

I don't have problem with adds, I have a problem with invasive adds, ones with sound, flash animation, or does fake targeting "Hey, find single women in <insert city you live in>".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post

And OMG what's with ads on this site taking over Safari on iOS lately? Unescapable auto-open web pages and popup dialogs telling you you've won an iPhone 7.

iOS now supports ad-blockers... perhaps give one a try?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    this site is cancer when it ocmes to adverts, i think the admin and curse just signed up with as many adnetworks as they could, ghostery is currently blocking 14 items and adguard is block 33 YES 33 ITEMS, the admin of this site doesnt give a shit about this issue aslong as they get there ad money and curse money,

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post

there are ios adblockers, i use one on my phone ever since i couldnt have this site open for 5 minutes without being redirected to download an app.

If they're actually 'acceptable' ads by the standards of the average user, sure that's fine... but I seem to recall both Wowhead and MMO-champion saying they were 'replacing all their bad ads' and really 'vetting' for the good ones... I recently installed Firefox to try out as a browser and didn't have an adblocker on it for a bit...I not only got bombarded with intrusive ads, but I even got ones that popped up new windows(MMO-champion was the ONLY thing I had open on ANY webpage, there was no other source). I even got ones asking me for 'EMERGENCY UPDATE FOR FIREFOX', that a quick google search yielded as not only fake, but a popup attempting to infect the computer with a virus(obviously I'm not an idiot and knew this). That's the last straw. Intrusive ads are annoying. Hogging all my resources on your ads filling up the page, that's annoying....but actual, ACTUAL viruses in your pop ups?, that's the last straw.

To make matters worse, the report 'ad' feature on Wowhead is terribly flimsy. It just lets you 'report' it, not say why. I can imagine 'report ad' is clicked all the time by people that just don't like them, and vice versa I imagine the guys receiving and reviewing them probably think that's what people are doing. There needs to be an option to say, "I'm reporting this ad because it prompted a download attempt to install malware/trojans on my computer".

I have absolutely no problem with ads on websites. What I do have a problem with are ads that interrupt my browsing be it through pop-ups (either a new window or those video adds that get bigger when you accidentally mouse over them), playing music, playing video or where there's so many on the website they lag my browser to shit.

In those cases it's called greed and I have absolutely no issues blocking the fuck out of ads on such websites.

I don't use adblock because I like to support the websites I browse. But I have to admit, sometimes mmo-champion is unusable on iPhone because it keeps changing my tab to an add when I try to browse.