Legion PvP - Alpha Testing & Balancing Thread

The latest Alpha build is to include PvP testing at level 110;

Level 110 PvP Realm – A new alpha realm has opened up, which includes:

Level 110 Character Templates: Fully upgraded artifacts and ilvl 810 PvP Gear.
    No access to Legion outdoor zones except for Dalaran.
    Full access to the new Honor System at level 110, including PvP talents and prestiging. You’ll be able to earn honor, increase honor level, and unlock PvP talents. No PvP gear will be rewarded yet.
    Battlegrounds are available for queuing, with the exception of Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest. Skirmishes, Ashran, Rated Battlegrounds, War Games, and all Arenas are unavailable.

In this thread we have the opportunity to discuss the potential class balancing issues from the beginning & can discuss class abilities and talents that may need tweaking to create a greater balance.

With the changes to secondary stats happening;

Secondary Stats on Level 110 Gear – We've modified how Secondary Stats are itemized on gear at level 110, to get players up to the levels of secondary stats that feel good, earlier on. Full mathy details for the theorycrafters here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742704730

Gear will make less and less of a difference, so we can generally get a pretty good idea of where these classes are going to end up balance wise. One of the key balancing issues may come from Tier Bonus sets from PvE vs the bonuses from PvP, however we will not be able to review that until a much later date.

I believe they said tier bonuses and legendary bonuses would be disabled in pvp. I don't have a link to this though.

Was watching some venruki arcane mage last night, and blink seems broken strong against melee haha.

Deleted
    I wonder why AV and IoC are disabled. Could they be reworking those? Especially on AV I really hope they find a way to incentivice more actual PVP instead of just rush to the other base.

I also wonder what they are going to do with ashran. Did people still go to tol barad in pandaria?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeepsneeft View Post
    I wonder why AV and IoC are disabled. Could they be reworking those? Especially on AV I really hope they find a way to incentivice more actual PVP instead of just rush to the other base.
    I assume it might be because of the relatively low amount of players on PTR and the queue system. So people don't get 'stuck' in a queue for AV/IoC waiting forever for enough players. Pure speculation on my part here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeepsneeft View Post
    I also wonder what they are going to do with ashran. Did people still go to tol barad in pandaria?
    There's people that do it still, but very few. The same with Wintergrasp.

Self healing ATM is insane for some DPS specs, I hope they nerf it a LOT.

Tanks are godly.

DPS without self heals would not be used over tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    I believe they said tier bonuses and legendary bonuses would be disabled in pvp. I don't have a link to this though.

Was watching some venruki arcane mage last night, and blink seems broken strong against melee haha.
    only in instanced pvp.

the numbers are all over the place atm, so its hard to get a feeling for things.

Protection Paladin:

Light of the Protector - WAY too strong basically a Lay on hands on 20 second or so CD

Painful Truths Trait - our new wings? 50k dmg done to attacker for every melee hit on you for 20s. Maybe lower it to like 10.

HP - 3.6 million way way too high honestly as tanks we should be a bit under the dps
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Hunters are retardedly strong at the moment, headshot is critting for 1.5-1.8 million which is 60% of some players health pools. Numbers definitely need tuning ASAP because it's hard to test anything against them.

Here is a Death Knight Concern taken from the forums

It is too hard to tell anything right now. The damage is out of control and it is hard to live long enough to see how things are playing out. I can say that the honor levels so far have been 750 honor a level and the last talent unlock is at level 46. So if it stays 750 a level and does not increase later on it will be 34,500 honor to fully unlock.

If you are human, you have two trinkets essentially, one just puts the other on a 30 sec CD. I don't like it, feels like it is no better than now.

There are also a lot of just straight up bugs. The All will server talent just does not work if you have the belcher out, and you can't control the minion anyway (so combat forever). Corpse shield sounds cool, but damage is just so insane that it is almost instantly gone. Even when using huddle it is just wrecked. I can't keep my pet alive for very long either without being able to heal it so unholy will be very difficult.

I have been pretty much turned into a shitty mage because you can't dare go into melee as a DK or you get your face wrecked. Taking clawing shadows and basically I play from ranged just snaring and kiting anything that gets close. Only way to play right now, hopefully it gets better.

I have not played frost at all yet.

I have 2.7 million health in the gear and you have roughly 9% versa in the gear.

This is an example of the last death in my combat log:

(http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...P-Legion/page3)
    EDIT: That is 934,801 damage in 3 GCDs. He had no CDs popped either. And to give you and idea, I killed him as he killed me. Oh and wraith walk is shit because it does not make you immune to snares so you are instantly resnared and just a waste.

Numbers are obviously going to be heavily tuned within the coming weeks, but the fact that Wraith Walk doesn't make you immune to all CC is of great concern to myself. The fact that the ability lasts 2 seconds ans is on a 2 minute CD is underwhelming enough as it is without being able to be re-snared during it. I feel like Death's Advance in its current iteration would be much better.

Other DK Concerns:

I thought about it more since the two hour play session I had last night. Dks in pvp are in a really bad spot. I was thinking about on live how I can be leading the pack and I can be fairly tanky with no support using tools like death siphon, stuns, AMS, IBF, desecrated ground, etc.

In legion right now we have IBF for 20% reduction on 3minute CD. AMS is no longer the absorb it once was, I was using it primarily to avoid CC instead of damage last night. I have no stuns so I can't do anything there. I have no damage so I am not a glass cannon. I have no mobility so I am not moving around the map or something. I can't heal because death strike is a total waste with the amount of damage going out. Right now I am just a punching bag and it does not feel good. I spent more time waiting to rezz than I did playing because everyone figured out really fast that the DK is the first target and I was the only DK in all the games I played last night. The pet dies so freaking fast I had it on passive for most of the night just so I could use the hook back to me.

I will probably get a chance to try frost out tonight, maybe it will be better. I should also point out that every other class I ran into 1v1 where I tried to kite kill them, it was laughable. Feels like everyone has all these gap closers and I just have to run everywhere. Wraith walk is a total waste too, I thought I was getting resnared immediately by infected claws or WW auto attack etc, but actually it just does not clear movement speed slows when you activate it. I think it would be not entirely bad if it cleared and immuned snares, maybe also a dispersion type effect and I would actually be really happy with the duration/CD.

watched sodas Feral druid stream for a few hours - holy shit that looked insane and he was having lots of fun as well

it was Feral but he used Boomkin form like 50% of time

Some things I've observed from watching streams:

- Marks and Enhance are stupid
    - Fire Mages are unkillable gods
    - Shadow Priests are really undertuned
    - Arcane Mages shouldn't be able to blink a hundred million times. Christ dueling a warrior as a mage looks like a dbz battle (also warrior and rogue mobility wtf).
    - Boomkins self healing is a pathetic joke, supatease was spamming regrowth (+ rejuv) on himself and was going even with a shadow word: pain.
    - Boomkins also do shitty damage
    - Deathknights seem terribly undertuned as well
    - Ele shamans and Demo locks need to cast an awful lot but once tuning is a little more reasonable they should be in a pretty good spot.
    - Resto Druids are unkillable gods, can't be poly'd ever because they stay in bumkin form all day and they also do big swifty deeps (hero class?)
    - 2's bracket where both sides are 1 dps and 1 healer last a hundred million years into dampening, it's pretty lame.
    - Duels kind of look like both players are just pveing on each other instead of outplaying with cc and preemptive survivability cooldown usage.
    - Holy Priests are the most boring pieces of shit I've ever seen
    - Haven't seen a single disc priest, survival/bm hunter, affliction lock and prot warrior on stream so I assume they suck massive horse cock.
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2016-03-04 at 01:31 AM.

* Mage healing should be removed. Bugged right now. Can heal for millions.
    * Tanks are unkillable basically. Waaaaay too much HP and healing.
    * Healers do too much damage.
    * Hunters and Demon Hunters extremely overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    watching soda duels... getting a little sad.

I am actually not sure what they want us to test at this point. In the alpha forums they say specifically that they are looking to test the honor grind, but I am fairly sure they must have known how totally out of whack stuff is and could maybe have adjusted a few things. The tanks are totally bonkers, I had not actually played many last night but today I guess people figured out they are broken and wanted to have some fun.

They did post this in the alpha forums

Thank you for having the discussion. To provide some more information, here are the honor requirements for each level. We intentionally have the initial levels with less honor so that you are able to get a PvP talent in each row very quickly (by level 10).

Levels 1-10: 750 honor
    Levels 11-20: 875 honor
    Levels 21-30: 1000 honor
    Levels 31-40: 1125 honor
    Levels 41-50: 1250 honor

In total, it takes 50,000 honor to reach level 50.

Head Shot and Cauterizing Blink have already been nerfed severely.

Cauterizing Blink healing for 200k total (outside BG, not sure inside, queue wouldn't proc) down from 360ish-k/tick

Head Shot critting for 560-600k in BG, down from.. well, you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Mostly just feels like melee/hunter damage is too high across the board. Surviving a stun is virtually impossible.
    Last edited by FenixAU; 2016-03-04 at 09:42 AM.

Too much self healing .. it doesn't feel unique to play a hybrid class anymore.