Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Perhaps it's a problem of attributing both ideas to the same individual? Projected ideological monoliths and all that.
    Skepticism of governance is more of a liberal thing over here anyway. I similarly find it bizarre that libertarian ideas are attributed to conservatism over there.

/just commenting on stuff, not really an argument.
    You are from spain right?
    Think there is a reason for that, rhyming with Pranco.

also in a general sense, the European state emerged from the royal fiefdoms, the conservative is deeply aligned with the power, whereas that is not the case in the US.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2016-03-04 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's pretty common here for individuals to embody both elements. It's the same way they'll express distrust of the government on one hand, but advocate for the merit and continued existence or reinstatement of capital punishment.
    Its how we get the party of "don't trust the government and cut funding" pulling their hair out over even minor military cuts. its not about authority, its about who wields that authority and against who.

Deleted
    It's pretty common here for individuals to embody both elements. It's the same way they'll express distrust of the government on one hand, but advocate for the merit and continued existence or reinstatement of capital punishment.
    My personal favourites are the ones against abortion and for capital punishment.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It was never a call that only black lives matter, and anyone claiming that is willfully ignorant.
    Except that it is the co-founder of black lives matter being openly racist towards whites at just about every avenue and denies her own privilege while trying to point out the privilege of other races.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is why #alllivesmatter is a problem; it dismisses the factual basis behind the original hashtag as irrelevant. #blacklivesmatter is about all lives having value. That's the entire point. Making up a new hashtag isn't an attempt to argue that #alllivesmatter, it's an attempt to dismiss the racial inequities that were being protested.
    What racial inequalities? Is there something black people aren't allowed to have here in the US that other races are?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Its how we get the party of "don't trust the government and cut funding" pulling their hair out over even minor military cuts. its not about authority, its about who wields that authority and against who.
    To defend my fellow conservatives, the armed forces are a necessary government function, whereas the welfare state is not.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    You are from spain right?
    Think there is a reason for that, rhyming with Pranco.
    Yeah :P. We had him mentioned in today's presidential investiture debate /shudder. Our political landscape is thoroughly influenced by the transition.

I guess I would have asked directly if they supported small government or something. It's the attribution to the party line what got me to muse about it. Wells is probably right about the state of conservatism over there anyway.
    Other than that, yeah: folks have a thing for endorsing conflicting ideas.

To defend my fellow conservatives, the armed forces are a necessary government function, whereas the welfare state is not.
    I'm not sure how that's cover for the rhetorical inconsistency of "can't trust the government" wedded with "omg we're slightly reducing the government's ability to kill people oh no!"

Holy moly. That woman's expression and tone of voice. Props to anyone who can listen to her for more than 10 seconds.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    I'm not sure how that's cover for the rhetorical inconsistency of "can't trust the government" wedded with "omg we're slightly reducing the government's ability to kill people oh no!"
    well it makes more sense if you see it from the perspective of not wanting to trust it with more than necessary.

well it makes more sense if you see it from the perspective of not wanting to trust it with more than necessary.
    Honey, "more than necessary" defines our military.

*Looks at how "All lives matter" is used solely to silence members of Black Lives Matter*
    *Looks at the time Trump supporters were shouting "All lives matter" as they were kicking a black man*

Gee, couldn't imagine why.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    Honey, "more than necessary" defines our military.
    It doesn't really.
    Sure a bit, but, you have the shit you need to have for the role you do.

All lives matters can't be racist if it's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Lives Matter.