Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mythic Raiding: Increase rewards = Increased participation.

We all know what happened when Blizzard announced that there would be a Heroic only special one time drop during this expansion only, that would give you a moose mount for killing Archimonde.

Quite simply: Heroic HFC participation increased greatly.

So I think Blizzard should put in more rewards in Mythic only raid difficulty to get more players to participate in the content. Perhaps if there was a patch only class specific transmog set, or class specific mini pet, or something, more people would be willing to participate because they see something they want that is only available for a limited time.

This would definitely increase participation in Mythic difficulty and there would be a larger pool of interested players for the mythic guilds to snatch up.

Carries increased greatly, as did mythic guild profiteering.

Actual heroic participation did not increase substantially. But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Participation did not increase.

People who are not doing mythic now will not do mythic no matter what you offer them. They're not interested in doing mythic modes. They don't want to join a 20 man, high-focused raid. They don't have time. The only people profiting from more rewards are those who are willing to sell their services in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The only people profiting from more rewards are those who are willing to sell their services in-game.
    That's quite a statement - one without even the slightest bit of proof and going by my own experience simply wrong.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-03-03 at 10:57 PM.

Deleted
    Completely agree with you on this one. Remember seeing people in full T1/T2 in OG/SW in vanilla? That was such an awesome feeling. You wanted that too.

And that way many started to raid. Over time epic lost it's meaning. And hell even legendary items got handed out for just staying subbed. We have to stop this and reinstate the magic that once made WoW great.

Make WoW great again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Participation did not increase.

People who are not doing mythic now will not do mythic no matter what you offer them. They're not interested in doing mythic modes. They don't want to join a 20 man, high-focused raid. They don't have time. The only people profiting from more rewards are those who are willing to sell their services in-game.
    How do you know? Do you magically have some stats on Heroic participation after the moose mount was announced that im unaware of?

And Yes, if you put in things that people actually WANT, you will get more participation. At least more interest will be generated and you will get more participation in people trying to get to that level, even if they never make it to mythic. They may not have even thought about normal raiding, but when they see something in a higher difficulty they would put in the effort.

My guild raids 6 hours per week. 2 nights a week. We are 11/13 mythic, on a very casual basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Completely agree with you on this one. Remember seeing people in full T1/T2 in OG/SW in vanilla? That was such an awesome feeling. You wanted that too.

And that way many started to raid. Over time epic lost it's meaning. And hell even legendary items got handed out for just staying subbed. We have to stop this and reinstate the magic that once made WoW great.

Make WoW great again!
    I agree with you on this one.

Making gear look more cool and unique in the higher difficulties makes people want to go get it. Gear is just one way to do this.

Deleted
    I like this idea, maybe like some unique artefact skins or unique spell effects for finishing mythic raids would be good.

What someone else said..that might just mean more carries. TBH, short of adding mythic to raid finder with a very high ilvl requirement, you aren't likely to see any increased participation from it. Forming groups takes time and energy, when the reason for doing them is just something cosmetic or something with a slightly higher ilvl, it won't motivate people much. Personally speaking, I see zero reason to do heroic or mythic when LFR shows me all the content. PVE ilvl only means you're better at doing PVE, so what's the point when the only purpose is to do content you've already done? A mount won't make me take the time to farm one raid to achieve a significantly higher ilvl just to do that same raid for a mount. I'd much rather spend half that time farming gold to buy the raid from a guild..as many people do for achievements/mounts/xmog already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanana View Post
    I like this idea, maybe like some unique artefact skins or unique spell effects for finishing mythic raids would be good.
    OHHH YEAH! I hadn't even thought about that, maybe they can make some of the BEST looking artifact skins from doing Mythic raiding, that would be awesome.

Combined that with some new awesome class specific transmog sets, and now we are in business!

Deleted
    Only thing the moose mount increased was the amount of people buying carries.

Mythic already has unique rewards. Why do you think that the current unique gear colorations and models, achievements, title, and mount are not currently achieving this effect?

Deleted
    1. Remove LFR
    -> The experience should be part of the reward for organized raiding and not handed out for afking without any communication through the raid. You want to see the culmination of the story? Go put in some effort or watch it on youtube. That easy.

2. Remove title and mount after tier is no longer current content
    -> Want that juicy Invincible, Mimiron's Head or Felsteel Annihilator? Do the content when it is relevant and get something lasting to show off your achievement for years to come. The rewards for the hardest group content should NEVER be solo farmable one expansion later.

Welfare went way too far in the past. We have to stop this to save the game.

I started raiding mythic coz of magical moose mount that has absurdly hilarious animation
    <Send Help> Frostwhisper EU Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What reward are you thinking of that would boost mythic participation? especially since this reward would come from Mythic Archy....a boss that only 2.5% of guilds have killed.

I mean..you could offer a lifelong membership to WoW for killing that guy. And people would BUY that carry, because frankly that boss is so hard, that your average guild that is now in heroics would still not beat him. No matter how hard they want that reward.
    Mythic Archy is easier than Mythic Manno.

Deleted
    Sure, just add as many mooses as possible.

I dont care. As long normal players get at least one version of the moose.

10+ Year Old Account

Make WoW great again!
    The statistics don't agree, considering how few people actually raid, even now, much less then. You might have picked up raiding then because of it, but clearly millions did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    How do you know? Do you magically have some stats on Heroic participation after the moose mount was announced that im unaware of?

And Yes, if you put in things that people actually WANT, you will get more participation. At least more interest will be generated and you will get more participation in people trying to get to that level, even if they never make it to mythic. They may not have even thought about normal raiding, but when they see something in a higher difficulty they would put in the effort.

My guild raids 6 hours per week. 2 nights a week. We are 11/13 mythic, on a very casual basis.
    I'm glad you raid mythic and enjoy it. An extremely small percentage of WoW does, and Mythic already awards unique gear looks and a higher item level than anything else in WoW. That's not drawing people in, but that isn't because the rewards aren't worth it, it's because those people don't want to raid. They don't want to raid mythic, they don't want the hassle of a 20 man guild, and they just don't care. I don't think you could offer them anything that would really draw them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Mythic already has unique rewards. Why do you think that the current unique gear colorations and models, achievements, title, and mount are not currently achieving this effect?
    Exactly.

1. Remove LFR
    -> The experience should be part of the reward for organized raiding and not handed out for afking without any communication through the raid. You want to see the culmination of the story? Go put in some effort or watch it on youtube. That easy.
    On one level I agree that it's ridiculous that you can do LFR and see the full story, however, I recognize that LFR is needed. Financially it never made sense to devote so much time and money into raid instances that a very small percentage of the player base ever stepped foot into.

2. Remove title and mount after tier is no longer current content
    -> Want that juicy Invincible, Mimiron's Head or Felsteel Annihilator? Do the content when it is relevant and get something lasting to show off your achievement for years to come. The rewards for the hardest group content should NEVER be solo farmable one expansion later.

Welfare went way too far in the past. We have to stop this to save the game.
    Why shouldn't it be?

Deleted
    Absolutely. All the rewards (titles & mounts) should be removed as soon as the content becomes trivial.

And there also need to be more rewards, more unique transmog items (like in Blackrock Foundry, that was a solid improvement).

Right now, the rewards are pathetic, and to add insult to injury everybody can get them later for no effort.

Broken system.

The statistics don't agree, considering how few people actually raid, even now, much less then. You might have picked up raiding then because of it, but clearly millions did not.
    Claiming only sellers would profit from increased rewards is still clearly wrong. Literally half of the people on lower end guilds I know do mythic pretty much exclusively for the rewards. Their competitive spirit is non existent and a better rewarding scheme certainly would help them even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Absolutely. All the rewards (titles & mounts) should be removed as soon as the content becomes trivial.
    Certainly agree. Will never get what's so incredibly bad about rewards going away after a while.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-03-03 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Absolutely. All the rewards (titles & mounts) should be removed as soon as the content is trivial.
    And the gameplay, the assets, and any kind of progress...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    And the gameplay, the assets, and any kind of progress...
    No, just the rewards meant to reward mythic players.