Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    So are the Void Lords (Gods) fallen Naaru? Entropius would've been one of these beings, yes?
    The Void Lords are their own thing. Immensely powerful creatures of the Void realm. Void Gods are still the fallen Naaru. Divine beings of this cosmos, that lost their Light. Entropius may have been a Void God, a fallen Naaru. We don't have confirmation.

On the power scale, the Void Lords are much more powerful than even fallen Naaru Void Gods. Void Gods seem slightly less powerful than the Old Gods on average. And Old Gods are just created spawns of the Void Lords.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2016-03-17 at 12:14 AM.

And it mattered little who killed this people, she grants you boons for doing that regardless of who you are or your ultimate intentions.
    Don't know if you can come to that conclusion with the amount of information we have on her.

Except we know jackshit of what Elune wants, we don't even know what the hell she is. She favors the people who worship her, that's clear. Apart that? There's little to add.
    Some people claim to have communed with her.... They knew what she wanted. The point is that you can not just decide to worship her by mere words and become her favored to pursue some end. You become her favored by devoting yourself to her.

Except only Loa and Elune are shown to demand something from their followers. Naaru or Ancients do not have this kind of relationship with draenei/night elves.
    They all "demand" something to grant you their power whether it's your faith or dedication to some cause. It's just that it's not always blood and sacrifice.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-03-17 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The Void Lords are their own thing. Immensely powerful creatures of the Void realm. Void Gods are still the fallen Naaru. Divine beings of this cosmos, that lost their Light. Entropius may have been a Void God, a fallen Naaru. We don't have confirmation.
    I guess it's the void aspect throwing me off. Especially when Void "God" is thrown into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    but when I read the Last Guardian, I got the impression that she did love him, and the author was only showing the logical rational for the coupling. only showing one side of it. i.e. she could have still loved him and still used him. She could also have gone into it with the intention to use but also grow to love - just because it isn't mentioned doesn't mean it's not so.
    Even if Aegwynn wasn't fully speaking the truth to Nielas Aran, it was still just a one night stand to get pregnant.

In the new version, Nielas Aran was hunting her, like the rest of the Tirisgarde, and over time during their confrontations, they gained mutual admiration, respect and understanding. The two developed a strong loving relationship then, settled down, and then decided to have a baby. It's quite a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Eh, I'd say that it changed quite a bit. The banishment spell isn't Malfurion & Illidan's doing alone, no mention of Rhonin / Brox / Krasus anywhere, and Sargeras is no longer said to cease to exist, but ripped back to TN instead. It is closer to the story in the original WoTA instead of the trilogy.
    I don't think the chronicle change anything at all. They just describe the event in a very short fashion. It's still the same event as WotA trilogy.

It's actually a good point, remember Elune specific spells are actually Arcane, such as Moonfire.
    And Titans use Arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    I guess it's the void aspect throwing me off. Especially when Void "God" is thrown into the mix.
    think of naaru as like the lights version of old gods
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my last take on Elune since it wasn't officially stated what she is exactly. I think she is a manifestation of the World-Soul Azeroth, and she comuned with the Dark Trolls / Night Elves, to help guide them since they were so close to the Well in the first place.

Reminder that we may find out what she 'could' be in a cutscene in Legion when Ysera dies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I don't think the chronicle change anything at all. They just describe the event in a very short fashion. It's still the same event as WotA trilogy.
    there are some changes:Malfurion,Illidan and Tyrande are together searching for Cenarius' and other demigods help,Illidan finding Neltharion's tormented body(that was not in the trilogy I believe),Malfurion's devastating spell to destroy the Well.there are other minor details but they are minor.

The general idea of the event (the spell banished demons back to Twisting Nether then cause the Sundering) still hold, but some minor details were either different or could be different depends on how we interpret the words.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBallfan View Post
    there are some changes:Malfurion,Illidan and Tyrande are together searching for Cenarius' and other demigods help,Illidan finding Neltharion's tormented body(that was not in the trilogy I believe),Malfurion's devastating spell to destroy the Well.there are other minor details but they are minor.
    The part where Illidan stole the dragon soul is just a short version of the longer event which is in WotA trilogy. The longer version was that Malfurion stole the dragon soul but Illidan betrayed his people and led a small force of Azshara to capture Malfurion and steal the disc. The part where Malfurion casted lots of spells is in the trilogy. It's just much more detailed.

- - - Updated - - -

The general idea of the event (the spell banished demons back to Twisting Nether then cause the Sundering) still hold, but some minor details were either different or could be different depends on how we interpret the words.
    I don't think most detail are different because the chronicle itself doesn't go into details.

Deleted
    The part where Illidan stole the dragon soul is just a short version of the longer event which is in WotA trilogy. The longer version was that Malfurion stole the dragon soul but Illidan betrayed his people and led a small force of Azshara to capture Malfurion and steal the disc. The part where Malfurion casted lots of spells is in the trilogy. It's just much more detailed.
    not really because the alternated version is alternated.one person from the future can change the way of war as WotA trilogy showed us.so yes,those are the changes because this is the original WotA event not alternated,not to mention WotA events showed in Legion.there is also Cenarius vs Mannoroth.
    Last edited by mmocbee06df292; 2016-03-17 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Anveena was a pure concentration of arcane shaped into a human form. If Elune is the same, would be weird how her powers are apparently based on the Light/Shadow dichotomy, as Elune's followers are priestesses. That would mean that Night Elves got their Light from the mere faith in Elune and not from Elune herself.

Interestingly enough, there's a chain Horde side in Desolace that lets you harness the "power of Elune" to wreak havoc on Nijel's Point (yeah, you butcher Night Elves with her very power) but the power in question looks more akin to a powerful firestorm rather than anything Light or Void related.
    I get confused with this, priestesses are supposed to worship the moon, but all moon related powers belong to druids instead of priests and are represented by arcane, not light or shadow.

I mean, they gave tyrandes starfall to druids, turned druids into the quintessential night elf class, and removed any moon related spells from priests, turning night elf priests into something else entirely...

Also druids use sun magic in the form of nature magic instead of light while tauren priests and paladins use sun magic as light.

Personally i think moon magic is more aligned with arcane than any form of light or shadow, so elune being a being of pure arcane energy planted into the moon makes sense to me personally

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    So Mardum was kinda like the demon "elemental" plane, sealed off from our reality, and Sargeras shattering it was like when Deathwing burst forth from Deepholm through the Maelstrom, causing a rift between it and Azeroth?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBallfan View Post
    not really because the alternated version is alternated.one person from the future can change the way of war as WotA trilogy showed us.so yes,those are the changes because this is the original WotA event not alternated,not to mention WotA events showed in Legion.there is also Cenarius vs Mannoroth.
    I don't know the events there in the chronicle are the same as the Trilogy version. From Malfurion defeating Xavius to Illidan becoming Ravencrest's personal mage. The chronicle version just doesn't go into details. For example the chronicle doesn't mention Malorne fighting Archimonde or Jarod facing Archimonde but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-03-17 at 12:55 AM.

Deleted
    I don't know the events there in the chronicle are the same as the Trilogy version. From Malfurion defeating Xavius to Illidan becoming Ravencrest's personal mage.
    they are the same but there are little tidbits in it.you are right but there are some changes because it is original WotA mixed with WotA trilogy,unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    i thought the light magic accessed by Priests of Elune does not come through Elune herself but actually from them. All beings possess light, and you access the light in you by believing in it, which is why faith is so important, if the faith in the goddess inspires you to acquiese to deeds of light or good deeds, this will grow your strength in utilising that power magically, but the source is from you and you make the connection.

the goddess herself has her own powers which her followers can access and use too in addition to that, which is why priestesses of elune can do some balance druid spells like moonfire, starfall etc, that now is coming from Elune rather than a power source like the Well or magic in the air.
    It could be. In fact, the relationship between Troll Priests and Loa could be likely the same, since I never saw Wild Gods in general too much related with Light and Void. And likewise, we saw certain High Priests back in Zul'Gurub using particular powers tied to the very Loa they served, not related at all with Light/Void. Example: Venoxis using venomous attacks and commanding serpents due to him being the favored of Hethiss, the Primal Snake God.

no mention of Rhonin / Brox / Krasus anywhere
    You know, the "elimination" of these two characters looks more and more like a soft-retcon, of the kind "yeah they're there but kinda aren't".

Don't know if you can come to that conclusion with the amount of information we have on her.
    I can since that's pretty much what happens there. You receive boons thanks to your offerred sacrifices, who you are is not relevant.

Some people claim to have communed with her.... They knew what she wanted. The point is that you can not just decide to worship her by mere words and become her favored to pursue some end. You become her favored by devoting yourself to her.
    It doesn't seem she wanted anything in particular until now apart being revered and support the faithfuls who does so. What you don't get of my point is that we have little evidence of the fact that Elune actually gives two shits about anyone who doesn't fit in this category.

They all "demand" something to grant you their power whether it's your faith or dedication to some cause. It's just that it's not always blood and sacrifice.
    Again, Naaru and Ancients do not share the same kind of relationship. They're not worshipped in the same way Elune or Loa are, nor they have a thing for "blood and sacrifice".
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Just got the Chronicle and read through it. Pretty impressed, honestly. It retcons a lot, but for once it's for the sake of a surprising amount of consistency (and manages to actually give consistent explanations for existing things without having to retcon them).

When I read that Spirit controls the nature of the other elements, I was wondering why Azeroth's elements seemed to be much more aggressive than Draenor's, despite Azeroth clearly being strong in Spirit. Then a few pages later, they explain that Azeroth's world-soul is absorbing the Spirit in order to be born.

'Killing the Old Gods will destroy Azeroth' is explained in a way that doesn't make the story pointless (they were just impossible for the Titans to kill without destroying Azeroth, because the Titans are planet-sized and can't be precise enough with how well-rooted the Old Gods are).

'Sargeras actually being good' is used, but in a way that actually works (he's definitely evil, but he means well with his goal; he's the ultimate well-intentioned extremist). It even gives a really interesting way for him to have seduced the well-meaning Eredar (he really does know a secret about the universe they need to stop).

While I'm not keen on the whole "the ultimate enemy is a faceless, abstract representation of entropy", it results in a cosmology that actually makes sense, all without significantly redefining the conflicts we've been through.
    I prefer it over sargeras being the root of all evil and the easy out of just needing to kill the dark titan and everything is k.
    In this case we need to kill sargeras, but also take on his role of wiping out any potential for void lords to possess a world soul. Sargerases evil must be opposed, but we must also prepare for the price his cessation will require.
    We inevitably wind up fighting a force of nature, and will need to always be vigilant of the corruption of the void, where a plausible solution (anihilation of all life) is too extreme to validate.
    If sargeras were the ultimate evil, his story would NEVER be explored. Evil can now exist without him, in fact to call the void evil is disingenuous as its simply a force of nature, and its hunger to consume and reduce to zero is its primary function and it is absolutely necessary for existence!

Basically, now we can kill sargeras and not end the entire story of wow, which means we can now actually face off against him. but honestly, i dont even ever want to face him, i prefer the story to remain more grounded between warring factions

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I prefer it over sargeras being the root of all evil and the easy out of just needing to kill the dark titan and everything is k.
    In this case we need to kill sargeras, but also take on his role of wiping out any potential for void lords to possess a world soul. Sargerases evil must be opposed, but we must also prepare for the price his cessation will require.
    We inevitably wind up fighting a force of nature, and will need to always be vigilant of the corruption of the void, where a plausible solution (anihilation of all life) is too extreme to validate.
    If sargeras were the ultimate evil, his story would NEVER be explored. Evil can now exist without him, in fact to call the void evil is disingenuous as its simply a force of nature, and its hunger to consume and reduce to zero is its primary function and it is absolutely necessary for existence!

Basically, now we can kill sargeras and not end the entire story of wow, which means we can now actually face off against him. but honestly, i dont even ever want to face him, i prefer the story to remain more grounded between warring factions
    We are most likely facing off against the Avatar of Sargeras though as the Legion final boss. I'm like 99% certain.

Got my hands on the electronic version of the book and boy, after reading it, I'm getting a different interpretation that most people have in this thread. I don't think the titans are gone, they can come back. If you don't believe it, i think you should re-read it.