Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does anyone else not trust Khadgar?

As per the title, does anyone else not trust him? He seems a little too flippant, a little too willing to take risks, act on hunches and a little too eager to gather and use power for himself.

The whole Pillars of Creation reveal/discovery feels way too easy and convenient. Khadgar just so happens to know about an ancient book that speaks of these vastly powerful, infinitely mysterious and utterly unknown artifacts, and he just... finds it in Kharazan. And Khadgar just believes everything and eats it right up.

I don't know if he is deliberaty deceiving us, if he is being deceived himself (this seems most likely) or if its just blizzard badly writing in a macguffin that will let us stand against the Legion.

But in light of the whispers from the boss in Emerald Nightmare, I feel even more suspicious of him. Maybe I am just paranoid, or maybe Khadgar isn't who we think he is.

But anyways, does anyone else not trust him or am I the only one getting this vibe?

Deleted
    We know that Khadgar wanted the Blood Elves back in Dalaran. We know that the Blood Elves are corrupted by Fel and the culture of the Highborne worked with the burning Legion in 3 out of 4 Invasions.

Deleted
    We know that Khadgar is a human. We know that humans/orcs have produced the highest number of villains in Warcraft by a gigantic margin and that half the Church of Light and the Stormwind royal guard is staffed by corrupt old god zealots and demon agents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashen View Post
    a little too eager to gather and use power for himself.

As per the title, does anyone else not trust him? He seems a little too flippant, a little too willing to take risks, act on hunches and a little too eager to gather and use power for himself.

The whole Pillars of Creation reveal/discovery feels way too easy and convenient. Khadgar just so happens to know about an ancient book that speaks of these vastly powerful, infinitely mysterious and utterly unknown artifacts, and he just... finds it in Kharazan. And Khadgar just believes everything and eats it right up.

I don't know if he is deliberaty deceiving us, if he is being deceived himself (this seems most likely) or if its just blizzard badly writing in a macguffin that will let us stand against the Legion.

But in light of the whispers from the boss in Emerald Nightmare, I feel even more suspicious of him. Maybe I am just paranoid, or maybe Khadgar isn't who we think he is.

But anyways, does anyone else not trust him or am I the only one getting this vibe?
    I trust him, I also think he is keeping medan's seat warm until they can figure out how to properly write medan. Supposedly medan is traveling around the universe because he is that PEW PEW...

Also dislike that Illidan is taking Medan's place as well, at least Medan made sense about who he was supposed to become (not sure how to do spoilers on MMO so keeping this really basic)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    I trust him, I also think he is keeping medan's seat warm until they can figure out how to properly write medan.
    the only way how they can properly write medan is by killing him off

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    the only way how they can properly write medan is by killing him off
    with a shovel.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    lol, the book was in guardian hands for ages.
    the pillars arent that much of a secret.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    with a shovel.
    i prefer the mana bomb.
    that way we can be 100% sure he stays dead.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I trust Khadgar as a person, but he's not above being manipulated by external or greater forces. But Khadgar himself I think is both trustworthy and good, and he has the best intentions for the campaign against the Legion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I did not trust Khadgar until I watched the Harbingers video for him. I trust him more now, but he has admitted to his temptations.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the whole Guardian role meant to protect Azeroth, specifically from the Burning Legion?

So why is it any shock that Khadgar would have access to information that would help against them, when he's the student of the last Guardian? Sounds more like an issue with the fact that these Pillars of Creation were never mentioned before until now, so it feels as if they've come out of nowhere.

Only a fool would trust a wizard.

Yes, I've also had this hunch. Not sure what it is about him but right from the beginning quests in WoD; running around with the dream team in the jungle, something just doesn't seem right. For good or bad.

Is that theory that he's really Medivh still floating around or has that been squashed? I haven't really kept up....
    Last edited by Moonstream; 2016-09-21 at 07:05 PM. Reason: forgot to add WoD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elari View Post
    We know that Khadgar is a human. We know that humans/orcs have produced the highest number of villains in Warcraft by a gigantic margin and that half the Church of Light and the Stormwind royal guard is staffed by corrupt old god zealots and demon agents.
    We know that Humans will lead the Army of Light, so your argument is valid.

According to harbingers he also doesn't trust himself so why should we ?

Khadgar manipulated AU Guldan's rise to power and the corruption of Cordana in WoD and the weakening of Dalaran/Kirin Tor in Legion.

As a powerful mage he should have had an easy time collecting the pillars of creation already (he can fly around the Broken Isles after all).

- - - Updated - - -

lol, the book was in guardian hands for ages.
    the pillars arent that much of a secret.
    You'd think there should have been enough time for one of the guardians to collect the pillars and lock them safely away somewhere.

i prefer the mana bomb.
    that way we can be 100% sure he stays dead.
    yes, best make sure there is nothing left to ressurect.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to harbingers he also doesn't trust himself so why should we ?

Khadgar manipulated AU Guldan's rise to power and the corruption of Cordana in WoD and the weakening of Dalaran/Kirin Tor in Legion.

As a powerful mage he should have had an easy time collecting the pillars of creation already (he can fly around the Broken Isles after all).
    You took something out when you mentioned Khadgar doesn't trust himself as in taking the role to be Guardian and all that power. That is what he doesn't trust, that he wouldn't be corrupted(Because of what happened to Medivh).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Him finding out about the pillars required Magni returning, us going to Ulduar to talk to him, summoning the spirit of Alodi and THEN searching for the book in Kharazhan. The info doesn't pop into his head out of nowhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    We know that Humans will lead the Army of Light, so your argument is valid.
    we know that ONE human will lead the army.
    i very much doubt the majority of the army is made of humans.

Formerly known as Arafal

I just want to kill him off I had enough of his stupid stories in wod.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have honestly been wary of him since WoD. He started getting really fucking weird during that ring quest line. I mean I get that he wanted to stop Gul'dan but he was on some next level shit imo. All the weird shit he wanted you to collect. Seemed weird to me.

That said it's probably me just being paranoid. I am pretty bad at reading motives like that and i also doubt Blizzard would build him up just to make him another villain. Who knows though. With them it's always a coin flip. Either they do what EVERYONE expects or they come out of left field with something that makes zero sense.