Poll: Which of below mentioned is your favourite WoW trailer?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Your favourite WoW trailer

Hello!

While many players nowadays are blaming Blizzard for the lack of content, I want to talk about something positive,about something at what Blizzard has always been good at - making WoW trailers,which, in some Warcraft player opinion, are even better than the upcoming Warcraft movie.That's why I create this discussion - I want to find out,which,in your opinion,is the best WoW trailer of all times?

Please,participate in the poll and share your memories about how you felt,when you saw your favourite trailer for the first time.

Wrath, no question. My favorite lore figure, leader of my favorite enemy faction, from my favorite expansion.

In order from most to least favorite: Wrath, BC, Vanilla, Legion, Cata, WoD, MoP.

Cataclysm>Vanilla>Legion>WoD>MoP>Wotlk>BC

Cataclysm was nothing but epic. The only failure I have about it is we didn't necessarily know who Deathwing was. Dwarves working on him then he emerges and causes havoc. Still badass watching him do it. In the others I criticize how there is only a small amount of backstory, but for this trailer it works well. His backstory is sorta not important. The trailer is about the world and him. Unlike Wotlk's where it is all about Arthas or Vanilla's where it is all about the world.

Vanilla was the same deal. Perfect introduction about what the world was like and what to experience, showing us exactly what we wanted from the game.

Legion is pretty amazing because, assuming you know the characters, it is very suggestive of future things. For just the movie itself it explains the backstory and forward and present events for Varian very well. Also great cinematography and fighting scenes.

WoD was much of the same as Legion, but in the Legion' trailer I didn't need to guess who these guys were, they were just bad guys attacking. In WoD I didn't know who Mannoroth was and that him dying was such a big deal. If you knew the backstory it was amazing. If you were a new player you were confused.

Wotlk is pretty over hyped. It is a story telling cinematic where both a lot happens and nothing happens. IF you didn't know who Arthas was you didn't care, it felt the same about Deathwing coming. "Some random bad guy appeared, and is attacking everything, oh no!" If you knew the back story you were on the edge of your seat. Where it lacks in action it makes up in some back story, but again, we know he kills his father and let his friends down, but who is he? What does he do except give skeletons minty cool looking breathe?

MoP was okay. I did not like the comedy of it but it stated current events very well and things to come.

BC was... mediocre. At the time I thought it was cool, but not great. When I look back at it and compared to the others, it doesn't get me excited. Who is Illidan. Why am I not prepared? IT was the same as Vanilla's trailer but then says that this guy is the bad guy. Why is he? What is he doing? What is going on?
    Last edited by The3rdCatalyst; 2016-03-04 at 06:39 AM.

Deleted
    Most to least favourite:
    Wrath > Cata > MoP/Vanilla > Legion/TBC/WoD

Deleted
    I'm guessing you mean cinematic?

WoD > Cataclysm > Wrath > Legion > MoP > TBC > Classic.

1: Wrath
    2: Classic
    3: Legion
    (These first 3 where pretty hard to rank in what I liked more.)
    4: Cata
    5: Mists
    6: Burning Crusade
    7: Draenor

I may be overthinking it, though...
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Could only pick one but, Mists of Pandaria or Wrath of the Lich King, really.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    I'm guessing you mean cinematic?

WoD > Cataclysm > Wrath > Legion > MoP > TBC > Classic.
    Well,as it appears in youtube,the full name would be "cinematic trailer".

WotLK > Classic > TBC > Cata > WoD > Legion > MoP

WotLK cinematic is fantastic, to this day it still gives me the chills. Terenas's voice sounds so suiting as a narrator, and as a long time WC3 fan you had waited for this moment since the end of The Frozen Throne. I wish Blizzard could build up their other characters like Arthas this way, because no other cinematic has topped it.

no trailer on any expansion or even any game comes close to wotlk

Based on first view reaction: Cataclysm > Legion/Wrath > TBC > Vanilla > WoD >>>>>>>>>>>>>MoP

Cataclysm: Just remember loving that one.

Wrath/Legion: Both gave a reaction almost the same as cataclysm, not really much between the three.

TBC: Ever so slightly under those three

Vanilla: I liked it, if I had played the rts games it probably would have hyped me more.

WoD: Was entertaining but the time travelling parallel universe subjective bullshit was just a downer for an expansion concept imo.

MoP: Ranked far below the rest I clearly remember my reaction of "is that it?" imo if a voice over is going to be the main aspect for the cinematic it needs to be someone prominent (e.g. Wrath and TBC).
    Last edited by Trickname; 2016-03-04 at 10:59 AM.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    WOTLK will always be the best trailer for me, no matter what. The music + the visual + Arthas. 10/10

Yeah this one's not close for me - Wrath of the Lich King trailer was so much better than anything I expected from a video game. I went from luke warm to excited in those few short minutes.

WoD may not have been a great expansion, but boy did it have a good trailer. WoD's storyline was terrible, convoluted, and cliche, but they made it look like something worth watching in the trailer. The moment that Garrosh lifts up his hood and chides Gul'Dan, "Times change," is my favorite moment in any WoW cinematic. The animation is unbelievable, the music is glorious, and, as punny as the line is, it lands incredibly well.

Wrath is also great, of course.

But I do think the classic trailer deserves an honorable mention - it was made in a time when the appeal of WoW was to come and experience the world of Azeroth in first-person for the first time. It didn't have a story because that wasn't its aim. Rather, it shows Azeroth's stunning environments through the eyes of several anonymous player characters - that's you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria by far. Wrapped up everything we were to expect neatly. BC is next up, but that may just be nostalgia. If we had some cinematic shots of Netherstorm or Hellfire that would have been a different story.

Wrath of the Lich King was amazing, not going to deny that, but in terms of pure awesomness and everything being so amazingly done, I can't deny that the Legion Cinematic was insane. The best cinematic they've ever done.

Deleted
    Wrath > Cataclysm > Warlords of Draenor > Classic > Legion > Mists of Pandaria > BC

The Burning Crusade cinematic trailer felt silly to be honest.

WotLK -> Cataclysm -> Mists of Pandaria (I somehow rly liked it ) -> The Burning Crusade -> Legion -> Warlords of Draenor -> Vanilla

Everyone says Wrath, but I find that one to be pretty lacking of the diversity of WoW.