Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    you could say that about every single criminal. thats why i said I AM okay and have no qualms with it if there is evidence. I am not the US. If they did it without evidence, i would not be okay with it.
    Yeah, and your reasoning is fair - But this is in the context of a Trump thread, and it is in co-relation to what his thoughts are.. so, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    These naive views is what will be the coming of the "righteous" slaughter, in the name of the Glorious Führer Trump.
    thats more dramatic then the effect would be of torturing terrorists

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The word kill was never mentioned. Targeting is not killing. I'm fine with waterboarding terrorists and terrorist's family members to get information.
    Pretty sure he used the word "take out" aswell. Not sure what else he can mean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallaners View Post
    Playing with the idea i'm not sure any country can invade USA. The more realistic thing that would happen is economic sanctions, ending trade deals etc.
    Hahahahaha

China says hi.

Deleted
    Hahahahaha

China says hi.
    I thought about China, but China don't give a single fuck about UN human rights.

But yes, if the US don't pay back their loans.. Then perhaps.

Deleted
    You truly believe it will stop with torture, when he speaks of targeting families of terrorists, and plain killing "terrorists"?

Alright. You know, people held good faith in hitler as well, before it went bad.

Doesn't bother you that the intelligence community largely says torture is useless so you're only doing it out of vengeance or sadism?

You truly believe it will stop with torture, when he speaks of targeting families of terrorists, and plain killing "terrorists"?

Alright. You know, people held good faith in hitler as well, before it went bad.
    im fine with killing terrorists and anyone who supported them in any way to commit terrorist acts, receive training or enable them in any way

Deleted
    im fine with killing terrorists and anyone who supported them in any way to commit terrorist acts, receive training or enable them in any way
    So, you want to kill the Govermental forces of the US?

I mean, you do realize that the US literally trained the Talibans, before they turned on em, cuz trade embargos emplaced on em during the gulf war (The talibans of Iraq)?

Or what about Israel, being fueled by weapons sold by the US; whilst they hold a puppet state there?

I mean, you do KNOW that the US created most of the bad-guys themselves, right?

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Doesn't bother you that the intelligence community largely says torture is useless so you're only doing it out of vengeance or sadism?
    like i said, if it gives valid information 1% of the time, i think its worthwhile. thats good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Yes, Trumps authoritarian side is real. Look at his comments on foreign policy like these, his take on media libel, the insults at anyone who disagrees with him and treatment of minorities. He has also said protesters at his rally 'deserve to be roughed up.' He's completely unqualified to be an authority at any level.
    My favorite scary part was when he said he was going to force the gulf states to pay to build a wall in syria. and then put all the refugees in his walled area.

like.. what even. violation of several nation's autonomy is the least of the "the fuck did you just say" in that idea.

like i said, if it gives valid information 1% of the time, i think its worthwhile. thats good enough for me.
    Then you should ask yourself how much time and resources are wasted following up on the 99% of bad intel if you are going to hide behind pragmatism.

Deleted
    Well to be honest. The US had a big part in the birth of Al Qaeda even if you don't wanna admit it. The cold war shenanigans in Afghanistan vs Soviet..

Opening the door for the US to allegedly kill people who they say are bad people, is a very, very, very, very bad idea.

OT: The scary part is not Trump ; the scary part is the millions of people who knowingly support him.
    Opening the door? They already do this. What exactly do you think drone strikes are for?

So, you want to kill the Govermental forces of the US?

I mean, you do realize that the US literally trained the Talibans, before they turned on em, cuz trade embargos emplaced on em during the gulf war (The talibans of Iraq)?

Or what about Israel, being fueled by weapons sold by the US; whilst they hold a puppet state there?

I mean, you do KNOW that the US created most of the bad-guys themselves, right?
    thats unrealistic for me, as a person. this is how I feel. I feel that terrorists are bad. torturing them is okay. killing them is okay. if we train a soldier in the army, and he turns and shoots his squad, im fine with him being killed as he made the decision to turn to terror. i dont care who gave them guns, they used it to attack us. they didnt have to. they chose to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    Opening the door? They already do this. What exactly do you think drone strikes are for?
    They're not set out to kill families that's for sure. Unfortunate casualties but not directly targeted, that's a significant difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    Well, i mean, to the point of being able to extend it from just terrorists, to literally "That guy is maybe affiliated with terrorism, cause we say so, and we will spew this stuff in the Media, so it probably is so (as far as you are concerned), so yeah, we go whack that guy"

Look at me ma, i'm on a highway to hell

- - - Updated - - -

thats unrealistic for me, as a person. this is how I feel. I feel that terrorists are bad. torturing them is okay. killing them is okay. if we train a soldier in the army, and he turns and shoots his squad, im fine with him being killed as he made the decision to turn to terror. i dont care who gave them guns, they used it to attack us. they didnt have to. they chose to.
    Terrorism isn't as simple as bad people do bad things.

my opinion on this has nothing to do with trump, but im fine with waterboarding terrorists. if it works 1% of the time its worth it. they dont deserve any better.
    That's maybe an ok philosophy if there is evidence that the person being waterboarded is actually a terrorist.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Well, i mean, to the point of being able to extend it from just terrorists, to literally "That guy is maybe affiliated with terrorism, cause we say so, and we will spew this stuff in the Media, so it probably is so (as far as you are concerned), so yeah, we go whack that guy"

Look at me ma, i'm on a highway to hell
    Actually, it's more like we think that guy may have a tangential relationship with a guy who delivers newspapers to a guy that knows a guy that knows ISIS. So let's kidnap and torture him and his family until one of them says something we want to hear even if it's obviously not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Terrorism isn't as simple as bad people do bad things.
    Even if it is that simple. If you do bad things to fight back, how are you any better?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    That's maybe an ok philosophy if there is evidence that the person being waterboarded is actually a terrorist.
    well i did qualify that later on in the thread! this is an opinion thread, so people have to remember, evidence for me, for you, for the us govt are all different things. I can only say how i feel and would like to go