Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    You should really read my posts slower so that you can understand them. You are on an even playing field as a team when you party with 4 level 30 accounts. That is the choice you and your friends decided to make, apparently for a couple months or so. One would have to wonder why your friends wouldn't be able to take 5 minutes to create an alternate account so that you aren't at a potential disadvantage in your lane. You are wrong about whether someone would create an alt account to play with their friends because I've experienced that exact thing myself. Friends of mine played on their alt accounts specifically because they didn't want us to be paired against level 30 accounts.

The bottom line is the opposite team also has that disadvantage in one of their lanes so it evens out. League is a team game afterall. So yes, party with your friends all you like but don't complain, otherwise you look like an ass, when you get matched up against a level 30 because you decided to pair up with 4 level 30s in the first place.
    You do realize if we queue as a party of 5 with 4 lvl 30s and a sub-30, all we get is parties of 5 lvl 30s right? There is no even playing field; we were constantly at a disadvantage. It hardly ever evened out the way you think it does. The reality is you cannot play this game the way you want to for months after starting; I literally have no idea how people get into this game when it punishes you for being new. And even if it is like you say where the other lane is weaker too, who cares? I don't like being gimped in my games, therefore it is not fun for ME to play with my friends. Doesn't help that being new I don't have a clue how to build or what a lot of the champs do, you have to make me objectively weaker too? It's like the game doesn't want to bring in new players it's silly.

Even the off-times when I did play by myself (which was rare) there were plenty of cases where I would match up against someone of higher level with runes because of the way the party layout went. Sometimes they would be groups of 2-3 that would match each other and need a lower level to balance them. Fun times for me the low lvl.

I am glad you have friends willing to make alt accounts for you. Personally my friends who (I'll admit they have a problem) own every champ with at least 1 skin for every champ and have intricate rune builds and whatnot don't want to be forced to play the free-to-plays just to play with me. We didn't even bring it up; I just said hey lets play and we did. Too bad the game doesn't like that.

The bottom line is HotS is 1000x friendlier to get into as a new player than LoL. Hell instead of making you weaker they give you 50% bonus experience for playing with friends. It's gold and leveling system are also much better. If the matchmaking would improve a bit that would be great since its par at best right now, but there is a new patch coming that improves a lot of things as well.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2016-03-24 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

I recently picked this up to try and get graves in wow and out of boredom.

This might be the worst video game i've ever played. I'm currently player lvl 16 and slogging to 20 to get it over with.
    For one this game runs like garbage for looking like garbage. As usual from blizz, bad coding/too many details crammed into small areas. Blah blah your comp sucks when I can run everything else fine on ultra, I know internet, I know, it's myyyy fault somehow.
    Easily one of the most unbalanced games when it comes to mm, I'm a noob and I can tell losses/wins just from starting comps most of the time. That and i'll get 4 sub lvl 10 players and the enemy team has all 30's and 40's lol. Fun stuff.
    As usual with online games the players only add to the problems, with at least half of my matches so far having someone leave within the first 2 mins, someone feeding every time they spawn, totally ignoring the objectives (which feel like they happen way to often), or a combo of all of that.
    Everyone is quite negative, cursing and crying, i havent said one word in this game it's so toxic. Took me 5 games to even realize what tab did, and when I checked I was top siege/hero dmg on my team whenever people started raging at me, so I guess it's just a game for trolls?
    Also had the game crash a few times and got flagged as a leaver, which is nice. Again, none of my other games crash, but hey, I know, my fault too haha.
    Absolute joke. I thought mobas were bad enough trying to stuff a bunch of genre's into one, this one lowered the bar further.

0/10, absolutely the least fun video game I have ever played in my life. I don't think i'll ever get graves, it's just awful. I can't emphasize enough how bad this game is and how little enjoyment I got out of it, I've never felt ripped off by something that was free before, wish it came with a refund RL time button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    I recently picked this up to try and get graves in wow and out of boredom.

This might be the worst video game i've ever played. I'm currently player lvl 16 and slogging to 20 to get it over with.
    For one this game runs like garbage for looking like garbage. As usual from blizz, bad coding/too many details crammed into small areas. Blah blah your comp sucks when I can run everything else fine on ultra, I know internet, I know, it's myyyy fault somehow.
    Easily one of the most unbalanced games when it comes to mm, I'm a noob and I can tell losses/wins just from starting comps most of the time. That and i'll get 4 sub lvl 10 players and the enemy team has all 30's and 40's lol. Fun stuff.
    As usual with online games the players only add to the problems, with at least half of my matches so far having someone leave within the first 2 mins, someone feeding every time they spawn, totally ignoring the objectives (which feel like they happen way to often), or a combo of all of that.
    Everyone is quite negative, cursing and crying, i havent said one word in this game it's so toxic. Took me 5 games to even realize what tab did, and when I checked I was top siege/hero dmg on my team whenever people started raging at me, so I guess it's just a game for trolls?
    Also had the game crash a few times and got flagged as a leaver, which is nice. Again, none of my other games crash, but hey, I know, my fault too haha.
    Absolute joke. I thought mobas were bad enough trying to stuff a bunch of genre's into one, this one lowered the bar further.

0/10, absolutely the least fun video game I have ever played in my life. I don't think i'll ever get graves, it's just awful. I can't emphasize enough how bad this game is and how little enjoyment I got out of it, I've never felt ripped off by something that was free before, wish it came with a refund RL time button.
    Weird that you have issues with the game.. I run the game on Ultra / Extreme. Have no issues with FPS or anything (2000+ games played).
    Unbalanced how ? I'd dare say alot of the roster are viable, for Hero League for sure.

Someone dc'ing / leaving - well yea, that happens. Not sure how that's on the game, since it happens in other games too.

Everyone being negative is quite the hyperbole. I barely see any chat - and even if "everyone" is toxic and cursing, you can just turn off allied chat if you are so fragile.

Game crashing, again, is not something I've experienced in all my games played.

But good luck with your other games. Hopefully they have some safe space for you

Quote Originally Posted by Muis View Post
    Everyone being negative is quite the hyperbole. I barely see any chat - and even if "everyone" is toxic and cursing, you can just turn off allied chat if you are so fragile.
    I read that post and just had to assume that I play at a vastly different MMR to new starters (and that isn't a brag I'm godawful if anything I@d expect my MMR to be lower) because chat is nearly always pretty chummy. I do start every game with "Howdy GL HF " though so that might be a factor :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I don't hate it. I'd just rather play a game with more depth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I read that post and just had to assume that I play at a vastly different MMR to new starters (and that isn't a brag I'm godawful if anything I@d expect my MMR to be lower) because chat is nearly always pretty chummy. I do start every game with "Howdy GL HF " though so that might be a factor :P
    Even if someone plays at low bracket there is no difference in turning off allied chat. And I've leveled a smurf so even at the starter levels, it's really not that bad as he makes it out to be :P