Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
    Awesome! How many other alliance heroes do you know?
    Plenty. And honestly, I also believe the Alliance should not be some dictatorship of one, but if Blizzard has to force a leader, they need one that helped unite the factions. And there are just two choices left here, Jaina Proudmoore and Malfurion Stormrage. But Malfurion is close to neutrality. Would there be any other choice? Magni could have been a nice choice too, but he's a crystal.

I'd love a council, but it seems Blizzard doesn't, so then I can only choose the best. And Jaina fits best of those left. A leader that tried to do the best and focus on the greater evil, made concessions to further peace with the Horde, even to the point of killing her father. Then she saw the Horde is untrustworthy and all she just became bitter and untrusting. After War Crimes she doesn't hate them with a passion anymore, but she would put her own, the Alliance, before them any day, just as a true leader should.

Deleted
    I feel like, in Warcraft she always heavily opposed violence. But in the last 3 WoW expansions she became incredibly anti-Horde like her father was before her.. I never understood this change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    But here is the problem. Most of the stuff ESPECIALLY Theramore. She brought on her own self.

She claims to be the bastion of peace and neutrality up to essentially the unjust eviction of the blood elves who have lived in Dalaran while her great great great grandparents were still single cells all because of one person. While at the same time she was hanging around with Varian and actively siding with the alliance with supplies and manpower. She even had her troops invade and hold horde homelands in barrens and Durotar. Let alone building a highway to the front lines. Hell she went so far as to tell the Kirin Tor council that "If you value your neutrality. Side with the Alliance." when the two are mutually exclusive.

If at the start of Cataclysm had a story arc or line which just said "I know the horde aren't monsters, but Garrosh needs to be stopped therefore I have to with a heavy heart side with the alliance." No one would be complaining. But it is "PEACE PEACE NEUTRAL NEUTRAL..... Umm don't look at Theramore troops in Durotar and Barrens and especially don't look at that nice super highway from my Front door to the front lines with Alliance banners every 5 yards." which people find absolutely stupid when it comes to Jaina.
    You know who helped build Orgrimmar? Gazglowe, the leader of Ratchet. Before the goblins of Bilgewater joined the Horde you know who helped build some of the Horde machinery? The neutral town of Ratchet. So then, how can I believe they are not Horde alligned?

Similarly, you know how many Theramore troops joined the fight against the Horde before Theramore was attacked? Well, I can't really remember many, I just remember it being an unloading port for Alliance troops and tanks. Just like how in the Kosovo war, when the USA came there, it ferried some troops to Romania even if Romania said clearly that it would not intervene. In fact, Romania still doesn't recognize Kosovo for example.

I honestly think most of the Jaina hate comes from Blood Elves fans that cannot understand the fact that if you betray someone there are consequences :/
    sunshine avatar is so awesome *w*!.... <3
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7494/chopperoo.jpg
    (Sig too large)

Didn't like her at all until she started killing horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Didn't like her at all until she started killing horde.
    Before she came into her senses, she was basically Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoboseyo View Post
    I feel like, in Warcraft she always heavily opposed violence. But in the last 3 WoW expansions she became incredibly anti-Horde like her father was before her.. I never understood this change.
    What part of repeated betrayal at every opportunity and the wanton murder of innocents was a challenge for you, specifically?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Are you really making a thread about why people chose to side with a video game character?
    Well on these forums anything is possible and stupid.. This thread is one of the stupid ones..

As for me I like Jaina she is a very cool female character I like her a lot..

- - - Updated - - -

Let me ask you this if something like what happened to her in the game, happened to you in real life would you be so forgiving of those who wronged you??

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Jaina pre-WotLK (She is one of my favorite Warcraft characters), I just loved her innocence and slight naivety, she seemed the most level headed and down to earth human in the game without being to in your face about wanting peace. Like most mages of the Kiron Tor she wanted to understand more about the orcs rather than just kill them all, Antonidas wanted the same thing too.

Unfortunately I think since the destruction of Theramore she has been written very inconsistent, I can understand her anger and wanting to lash out at first, its a natural reaction but now its either she has calmed down or she is just mad, After the book War Crimes it was hinted that she would calm down the warmongering but she is still at the same time being crazy like. There's also the fact that a lot of the stuff she has done has been very out of character I dont care how angry you are.

Even with Legion I know not what she is up to, with her leaving the Kiron Tor it worries me that Blizzard will write her as a raid boss I would rather she just go into hiding for a while and come back her normal self.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    I like Jaina because her lore is actually evolving (she stopped to be all peacefull after she saw Theramore vaporized by the same people she tryed to be in peace)

Deleted
    Do you know why some people become racist? Well, for two reasons, their parents/friends are so and something happened to them that made them think that those "other" people are bad.

So let's see. Jaina's father was anti-Horde and most of her friends were too. She resisted and tried to give reasons on why the Alliance and Horde should get together and fought for that.

Then for so much she gave to the Horde, when she asked Thrall to just investigate the incident in Ashenvale and let the Alliance see the results, he refused. He placed Garrosh as a leader, and Jaina warned Thrall that it won't be good. He ignored her. She sheltered Baine and some tauren and helped them take back their city still but she also let Alliance troops pass through Theramore territory (yes, pass, since the Alliance troops did not attack Stonemaul, the Horde outpost in Dustwallow, and I doubt it is because they could not). So she played for both sides. And then Garrosh prepared for an attack. She gathered everyone to defend, not attack, again, as, even with the Horde ships that tested her resolve by sailing just outside Theramore waters, she didn't signal the attack on them.

And for that, the Horde threw the mana bomb. They wanted war? Fine, but they used a weapon of mass destruction. They killed everyone in Theramore except her. Her friends, subjects, people who trusted them, all were killed. Some like her apprentice were turned to dust. That is what the Horde gave her, for killing her father to protect peace, for helping Baine retake Thunder Bluff most of those she knew were killed. And the civilians were captured by Garrosh and taken for target practice in Orgrimmar.

And then Thrall dared come back to lecture her? After she warned him not to put Garrosh in power? After he did nothing when Garrosh used molten giants and dark shamans? And the mana bomb? But of course he'd want to protect Orgrimmar... as an orc.
    But still Jaina calmed down.

She became the leader of Dalaran. Varian came to her and asked her to join the Alliance. She refused. She didn't trust Garrosh though so she found artifacts and hit them where they were safest. The Divine Bell, in Darnassus. There's no way Garrosh would get to it and she could trust the night elves not to use it ( let's be honest now, night elves are like squirrels with dangerous artifacts and people, they take them and hide them, that's what they did with the Well of Eternity by putting a tree over it, that's what they did with demon hunters, hiding them in caves not marked on maps etc, this is why giving them the Divine Bell was the best). But then someone used her city, her neutral city, Dalaran, to steal the Divine Bell from Darnassus. The Horde. And while not all the Sunreavers were guilty, this action forced Jaina's hand. To prove to the Alliance that Dalaran was not leaning Horde, she'd now have to actually do something for the Alliance. She gave the Sunreavers a choice, leave or be imprisoned. Many refused and raised arms even if the Horde tried to break Dalaran's neutrality and this proved it. It proved that they were actually trying to start a civil war to force Dalaran to become Horde!
    So it was not just orcs she can't trust, it is the whole Horde!

During War Crimes she did come to the conclusion that not all Hordies were pro-Garrosh, but still, by not doing anything against him, they were accomplices. Like the Sunreavers that knew, they were supposed to be loyal to Dalaran, but showed that they were only loyal to Silvermoon. Even if she, Jaina, kept Dalaran safe even after Garrosh killed Rhonin and destroyed Theramore, a town where some in Dalaran had friends/loved ones. She was loyal to Dalaran, but the Sunreavers were untrustworthy, because they are HORDE! She may not truly hate them, but she'll never trust them again, they know nothing of loyalty, of friendship, of a greater goal, they can only understand fear and betrayal. They could still be worked with against greater threats like the Legion, but only under close watch.

This is how I understood Jaina's reasoning, and it makes perfect sense to me.

I am a Horde player and will be as unbiased as I can... So far, Jaina hasn't done anything she would need to be redeemed of... Everything she's been through and everything she's done after the destruction of Theramore are pretty negligible in a grand picture, compared to what she might have done. I like Jaina as a character...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Why?

How?

How could you like a character who's so hopeless and indecisive she can only act after she gets (deservedly) beaten down.

What is even remotely likeable about her?

From "I can't watch you do this Arthas but I sure as hell aren't going to stop you because that would involve a bit of effort" to "I'M SO MAD I'M GOING TO DROWN ORGRIMMAR OH PLEASE HOLD ME TENDERLY MY DRAGON BOYFRIEND" there is nothing redeemable about Jaina's character.

It's not even like she had interesting development to get to where she was. Like most Alliance characters she's only relevant because her daddy was a big name.

I'm so glad she got the boot out of Dalaran, if I had to run around and answer to her for a full expansion I'd be rooting for the Legion.
    Why: I love jaina cause she's super sexy hot.

How: She's a very sexy and the strongest spellcaster ever who wouldn't want her as a wife.

What: She can be the strongest ally on your side no matter how crazy she may be she is still my sexy sexy fantasy wife and you ain't akin that from me so STFU those who hate her so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Jaina is the ultimate babe of wow. If you don't like her you probably have to look deep inside yourself and ask some serious questions.
    i agree with you there if i was a npc in game i would so be dating her, im sure all the other female npcs like her too. hehehe ya ever see the looks and expressions vereesa flash at jaina :-)
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    You know who helped build Orgrimmar? Gazglowe, the leader of Ratchet. Before the goblins of Bilgewater joined the Horde you know who helped build some of the Horde machinery? The neutral town of Ratchet. So then, how can I believe they are not Horde alligned?

Similarly, you know how many Theramore troops joined the fight against the Horde before Theramore was attacked? Well, I can't really remember many, I just remember it being an unloading port for Alliance troops and tanks. Just like how in the Kosovo war, when the USA came there, it ferried some troops to Romania even if Romania said clearly that it would not intervene. In fact, Romania still doesn't recognize Kosovo for example.
    At the time of the founding of Orgrimmar there was no war between Alliance and Horde. Apples and Oranges.

Theramore troops were fighting the horde before Theramore. The reason for the attack on Theramore partly was because of their tropps being used. If you host a side you are openly siding with them. Here's a question. Say USA and Russia went to (a non nuclear) war. During this war the Canadian Prime Minister declared Canada was going to be neutral. But during the build up was shown consistently standing side by side with the Russian president. Not only that but also had a highway specifically built so Russians during the summer could sail their fleet over the arctic, dock, unload and rush straight south towards the US. Add to this Canadian forces attacked the US, occupied parts of New England and other border states. Would the USA sit back and no nothing, believing that Canada was neutral or would it attack Canada in response?

If you say yes to USA attacking you just agreed that Theramore is a legit target.

And for that, the Horde threw the mana bomb. They wanted war? Fine, but they used a weapon of mass destruction. They killed everyone in Theramore except her. Her friends, subjects, people who trusted them, all were killed. Some like her apprentice were turned to dust. That is what the Horde gave her, for killing her father to protect peace, for helping Baine retake Thunder Bluff most of those she knew were killed. And the civilians were captured by Garrosh and taken for target practice in Orgrimmar.
    They were already AT WAR when Theramore was attacked. Also when it came to the Mana bomb all the other horde leaders were against it. It was the spark that started the fire that became the horde rebellion.

During War Crimes she did come to the conclusion that not all Hordies were pro-Garrosh, but still, by not doing anything against him, they were accomplices. Like the Sunreavers that knew, they were supposed to be loyal to Dalaran, but showed that they were only loyal to Silvermoon. Even if she, Jaina, kept Dalaran safe even after Garrosh killed Rhonin and destroyed Theramore, a town where some in Dalaran had friends/loved ones. She was loyal to Dalaran, but the Sunreavers were untrustworthy, because they are HORDE! She may not truly hate them, but she'll never trust them again, they know nothing of loyalty, of friendship, of a greater goal, they can only understand fear and betrayal. They could still be worked with against greater threats like the Legion, but only under close watch.
    Only 1... 1 sunreaver was responsible for the divine bell and her putting it in Darnassus is openly siding towards the Alliance. Also the Sunreavers are essentially elves that have lived in Dalaran longer than her great great great granparents were more than a couple of cells within their parent's bodies. Thirdly, guilt by assosiation is an absolute abhorrent way of doing things. Punish the guy involved, not the others. She had no right to come to someone's home, make false accusations and demand they leave homes they have lived in for hundreds of years. She should have gone to Aethas, brought in the Kirin Tor guards (Not I hate blood elves cause one laughed at my kids Vereesa) and conducted a police investigation. Aethas was at the time 100% Loyal to both Dalaran and Blood Elves. He was simply put in a position in which if he told Garrosh would execute order 66 on the race.

If you can come up with a solution that resulted in no deaths I am all ears. Until then take off the blinders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Why?

How?

How could you like a character who's so hopeless and indecisive she can only act after she gets (deservedly) beaten down.

What is even remotely likeable about her?

From "I can't watch you do this Arthas but I sure as hell aren't going to stop you because that would involve a bit of effort" to "I'M SO MAD I'M GOING TO DROWN ORGRIMMAR OH PLEASE HOLD ME TENDERLY MY DRAGON BOYFRIEND" there is nothing redeemable about Jaina's character.

It's not even like she had interesting development to get to where she was. Like most Alliance characters she's only relevant because her daddy was a big name.

I'm so glad she got the boot out of Dalaran, if I had to run around and answer to her for a full expansion I'd be rooting for the Legion.

so, lets go from the start
    she falls inlove with a man who she loves very much, who ends up becoming corrupted and she must then kill him, also she wouldent stop arthas because she loved him and knew no matter what she did he would do it
    her father tells her the horde is bad, and then lets the horde kill her father so they may be free
    she then has to help in killing her boyfriend who was her first love, kiss, and bedding, to find out he still loved her, he was just being used, a puppet
    She later gives her personal funds to the tauren to help them buy merc's to recapture thunderbluff back
    the horde then attracts her freinds and her to theramore then NUKES IT killing her apprentice and a bunch of her freinds including Rhonin
    She later forgives them and then the horde use her city to transport stolen goods from the alliance
    they THEN allmost kill her nephew (not really but she did alot in raising anduin)

SHE HAS EVERY FFING RIGHT! TO BE FFING PISSED

Deleted
    The Horde doesn't like Jaina because they want to keep their monopoly on Bitch Queens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Do you know why some people become racist? Well, for two reasons, their parents/friends are so and something happened to them that made them think that those "other" people are bad.

So let's see. Jaina's father was anti-Horde and most of her friends were too. She resisted and tried to give reasons on why the Alliance and Horde should get together and fought for that.

Then for so much she gave to the Horde, when she asked Thrall to just investigate the incident in Ashenvale and let the Alliance see the results, he refused. He placed Garrosh as a leader, and Jaina warned Thrall that it won't be good. He ignored her. She sheltered Baine and some tauren and helped them take back their city still but she also let Alliance troops pass through Theramore territory (yes, pass, since the Alliance troops did not attack Stonemaul, the Horde outpost in Dustwallow, and I doubt it is because they could not). So she played for both sides. And then Garrosh prepared for an attack. She gathered everyone to defend, not attack, again, as, even with the Horde ships that tested her resolve by sailing just outside Theramore waters, she didn't signal the attack on them.

And then Thrall dared come back to lecture her? After she warned him not to put Garrosh in power? After he did nothing when Garrosh used molten giants and dark shamans? And the mana bomb? But of course he'd want to protect Orgrimmar... as an orc.
    But still Jaina calmed down.

She became the leader of Dalaran. Varian came to her and asked her to join the Alliance. She refused. She didn't trust Garrosh though so she found artifacts and hit them where they were safest. The Divine Bell, in Darnassus. There's no way Garrosh would get to it and she could trust the night elves not to use it ( let's be honest now, night elves are like squirrels with dangerous artifacts and people, they take them and hide them, that's what they did with the Well of Eternity by putting a tree over it, that's what they did with demon hunters, hiding them in caves not marked on maps etc, this is why giving them the Divine Bell was the best). But then someone used her city, her neutral city, Dalaran, to steal the Divine Bell from Darnassus. The Horde. And while not all the Sunreavers were guilty, this action forced Jaina's hand. To prove to the Alliance that Dalaran was not leaning Horde, she'd now have to actually do something for the Alliance. She gave the Sunreavers a choice, leave or be imprisoned. Many refused and raised arms even if the Horde tried to break Dalaran's neutrality and this proved it. It proved that they were actually trying to start a civil war to force Dalaran to become Horde!
    So it was not just orcs she can't trust, it is the whole Horde!

This is how I understood Jaina's reasoning, and it makes perfect sense to me.
    This exactly, so many people pick and choose jainas story trying to point out how EVIL she is... not going and looking at why she planned, or did these things

I liked Jaina because she was the voice of reason many times. But the Theramore Manabomb broke her and made her a raging bitch. I really disliked the sudden change. I understand her grief and pain, but I think they changed her too much. To me a person like her would just give up hope and leave all politics and war. That she now is out for revenge and genocide just doesn't fit.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Hot. Blond. Female.

/end

7+ Year Old Account
    Why wouldn't I like her?

one of the most powerful mages EVER. Archmage Antonidas said " One day she will be stronger than me."

bends over backwards( even to the point of allowing her own father to be killed), to make peace with the Horde

then...." YOU SPIT ON MERCY? THEN YOU SHALL HAVE NONE!"

burn somebody thats gone to the mat for you at great personal cost and you will get h-ll

basically, she finally called the Horde on their bullsh-t, and they complain like fkng h-ll

#notsurprised