10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Brees was pushing for a longer contract. But I wouldn't give it to em either, he's getting quite old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would've been nice to knock $12mil off his cap number back when it was possible to sign anybody worthwhile with the cap space. As is... they re-signed Jahri Evans and waived their unremarkable QB draft pick.

Emmanuel Sanders signed a 3 year and what is reported to be a $33 million extension. Paying all 3 QBs a total of $3 million this year helps a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Emmanuel Sanders signed a 3 year and what is reported to be a $33 million extension. Paying all 3 QBs a total of $3 million this year helps a lot.
    Pretty good considering what other guys were getting, a lot of guaranteed money but I don't know how much of it is really "guaranteed".

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to be honest here, I'm a little uncomfortable that everyone is buying in on the Raiders hype. Feels like an omen for failure.

Then again the last 13 seasons are enough to put me off buying into anything before it takes to the field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ifedi hurt, gonna miss first start at least.

Already looking like Okung.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I have to be honest here, I'm a little uncomfortable that everyone is buying in on the Raiders hype. Feels like an omen for failure.

Then again the last 13 seasons are enough to put me off buying into anything before it takes to the field.
    I think most of us are realistic enough to know that there's no guarantees in football. Romo last year, Texans when they went from playoff contention to first pick in the draft, but on the flipside, Washington last year and other teams that have done far better than anyone expected. You can say that certain teams should probably perform well and certain teams should probably perform less so, but at the end of the day no one, not even the most knowledgable football insider can realistically predict what's going to happen in the next few weeks and months. It only takes an injury here, or a surprising rise by a player there to completely change how the NFL looks.

I think with all that in mind most of us expect that the Raiders will do well, but we also know it takes minor changes here and there for the Raiders to end up picking top 5 in the draft. And that goes for pretty much any team.

Just for fun, which teams would you be most certain about that they will not stray from where you predict they'll end up? Let's say the groups are: Superbowl contender (top 8 end of year), Playoff contender (8-16), Middle of the pack (16-24), Bad team (24-32). What teams would you place in such a group and would be most certain of that they wouldn't be better or worse than where you placed them?

For me: Browns - Bad Team, Seahawks - Superbowl Contender and that's it. Every other team, including the Patriots, there's such significant issues of one kind or another that I don't trust in putting them in a certain category.

Patriots might legit go 0-4 the first weeks, get a rusty Brady back week 5 and have severe competition in the division enough that they won't even make the play offs.
    Cardinals have Carson Palmer, who might at any time turn into Playoff Palmer and have a complete meltdown of a season, similar to Matt Schaub a few years back.
    Titans have a legit run game and Mariotta and are a resurgent defense away from not being a Bad Team
    Philly have a serious issue at QB and turned so much over that while everyone expects them to be putrid, they might actually just veer the other way with all the changes they made. Legit no idea how they'll end up.
    Steelers could be Superbowl Contenders or miss the playoffs completely, depending on injuries and all their suspensions it;s just impossible to tell.
    Panthers are a Cam Newton injury or front 7 injury away from constantly exposing what is a VERY inexperienced secondary.

And that's just the outlier teams, for teams like the Giants, Falcons, Bucs, Saints, I have no clue whatsoever where those will end up, cause you can legit see them make a run to the playoffs or end up drafting first overall.

The only team that you can realistically pick their record is the Rams because Jeff Fisher. A handful of teams are a QB injury away from going for the #1 pick because their backups are Ryan Nassib or Landry Jones quality. I'm just going to assume the Raiders will finish at best 8-8 until they do better, and I don't think that will happen until they get rid of Del Rio.

Couple teams last year would have completely swapped their records just by winning 1 score games instead of losing them all. Denver North could have been around 12-4 instead of 6-10 by doing this but their coach is super conservative John Fox so same might happen this year. Schedules also make a big difference, the Redskins are a perfect example where they made the playoffs without beating a single team that finished over .500.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Ifedi hurt, gonna miss first start at least.

Already looking like Okung.
    Seahawks can have him back when he gets hurt if they take Schofield with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

If they lose to the Saints then they're hopeless.

10+ Year Old Account

Life as a Seahawks fan.

So the season is upon us now. As a Redskins fan I'll say I'm fairly optimistic this year, more so then years past. I'm predicting 11-5 and an NFC East title. I think the Cowboys losing Romo hurts them a lot, I don't buy the Giants spending spree, and the Eagles are rebuilding. Of course if we lose a couple early I'll probably start thinking 5-11 LOL.

My Super Bowl prediction: Cardinals over Steelers.

Sleeper picks: Jaguars, Raiders, Bears, Ravens.

Teams that will drop off: Packers, Panthers, Broncos, Seahawks.

Worst team in the league: 49ers.

10+ Year Old Account
    HERE

WE

GO!

Actual football night, FINALLY.

Don't care about either of these teams, and I'm still hyped.

Here starts the road to Superbowl 51, ladies and gentlemen. Good luck and have fun this season.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    HERE

WE

GO!

Actual football night, FINALLY.

Don't care about either of these teams, and I'm still hyped.

Here starts the road to Superbowl 51, ladies and gentlemen. Good luck and have fun this season.
    I AM HYPE!

Rookie QB gonna get the first snap of the new season; time to see what the Broncos have on offense.

Good news, Siemian looks good under pressure, bad news the curse of #23 fumbling continues even with a new player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I AM HYPE!

Rookie QB gonna get the first snap of the new season; time to see what the Broncos have on offense.
    Fumble by the rookie RB Booker. Same old, same old it seems. (though it was a nice drive till that point)

10+ Year Old Account
    wooo! time for football!

Looks like they are just going to throw to Benjamin every time they drop back, good idea when hes like a foot taller than Harris and Roby.

Von's face mask was being grabbed the whole play too, hopefully that means penalties won't be called non stop like in preseason.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-09-09 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First blood Panthers. LEt's see if Siemian can answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Err, things like face masks should be called, considering what it can do to your neck. Necks are kind of vital

- - - Updated - - -

Aaand an interception

Broncos O so far: looking good....turnover, looking good....turnover