10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about paying that much money to a TE, although in the Saints offense he has every opportunity to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    CJ played like shit for a majority of the year.
    Very true, but certainly not for a lack of trying. He was hurting even before the season started and it got progressively worse and worse until they forced him to sit and get a bit more healthy and then it was better but certainly not like the 2013 or even 2014 year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titans got Rishard Matthews, I like what they've done so far. Even if they are stuck paying Murray (at a reduced rate), all they had to do was swap 4th round picks to get him. That team was built to run the football but CJ1K ran out of juice and they've struggled to replace him.

- - - Updated - - -

Hoyer burned his bridges with that horrible playoff game, nobody on the Texans can support him as starter and keep his job, they are done with Hoyer, that debacle seriously embarrassed them and forced them to move on. So these comparisons between Hoyer and Brock are cute and all, but ownership mandated change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Hoyer burned his bridges with that horrible playoff game, nobody on the Texans can support him as starter and keep his job, they are done with Hoyer, that debacle seriously embarrassed them and forced them to move on. So these comparisons between Hoyer and Brock are cute and all, but ownership mandated change.
    They'd already gotten rid of Fitzmagic the year before, so he wasn't an option either. They either had to gamble on RG3 (who doesn't fit what BoB wants to do at all) or pay through the nose for Osweiller. They weren't in a position to draft a QB with their playoff year either. For better or worse, Osweiller was their only option to compete next year. They convinced themselves he could be that guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep the Texans backed themselves into a corner. Not sure what Denver will do but they might've been wise not to get baited into a bidding war for Brock.

I don't know about paying that much money to a TE, although in the Saints offense he has every opportunity to earn it.
    I just don't like it. We had one of the best offenses in the NFL already. What we need is a freaking defense. I mean we traded Jimmy Graham (I STILL hate losing one of my favorite players to watch) and didn't really miss a beat. Blowing that much of our cap when our defense needs massive help just really baffles me. And it isn't like Fleener had a bad QB in Indy and yet his numbers weren't that impressive.

If the goal was to have a dynamic TE why did we trade Graham in the first place? I mean Fleener wishes he was as good as Graham is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the move either but we're stuck with it.

Titans got Rishard Matthews, I like what they've done so far. Even if they are stuck paying Murray (at a reduced rate), all they had to do was swap 4th round picks to get him. That team was built to run the football but CJ1K ran out of juice and they've struggled to replace him.
    I was kind of sad to see Matthews go to the Titans especially since the Patriots had definitely interest in him. Patriots are in desperate need of some new/fresh talent at WR especially since they dumped LaFell. Matthews would have been a great fit for the deep ball which is all LaFell was being used for but couldn't catch the damn ball to save his life (or job for that matter), whereas Matthews, even with lol Tannehill throwing the ball, could catch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone mention that Hasselbeck is signing a one-day contract with Seattle?

It's been awhile, weird to remember him as a Seahawk at this point. I know he went to a Super Bowl with em, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It's been awhile, weird to remember him as a Seahawk at this point.
    If you say so, the most memorable moment of his career was with the Seahawks, "We want the ball, we're gonna score!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I was kind of sad to see Matthews go to the Titans especially since the Patriots had definitely interest in him. Patriots are in desperate need of some new/fresh talent at WR especially since they dumped LaFell. Matthews would have been a great fit for the deep ball which is all LaFell was being used for but couldn't catch the damn ball to save his life (or job for that matter), whereas Matthews, even with lol Tannehill throwing the ball, could catch it.
    Well, that's the Patriot way, for better or worse, if they have a number they want to pay for you they are unlikely to budge much from it. Fact they did so last year for McCourty was highly surprising. From what I can tell Matthews got a slightly better deal in Tennessee, and the fact the Patriots weren't budging and the fact he had a chance to be the clear no. 2 for the Titans made him go there.

Patriots usually only get in to gear on day 2 anyway. Revis signing 2 years ago was on day 2, Sheard last year was a day 2 signing, I'm sure they'll sign a RB or WR day 2 (I think a RB of some sort), and probably a rotational starter for the D-line as well (hopefully still Hicks, who's going to Chicago for a talk tomorrow).

In news from looking from the bottom up: Browns have to be the biggest losers today besides the Broncos, right? They lost 4 guys and have a TON of holes. If even your own guys don't want to stick around you probably are looking at the long and hard road the Jaguars and Raiders took to rebuild. I'd hate to be a Browns fan right now, where it seems like the bottom is maybe not even in sight yet, even when things are already so dreadful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the Trevathan deal, ugh, only $7mil annually, could've saved the TE money and spent it on him, moved Anthony to OLB and actually had a competent group of LBs for the first time in a couple decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the Trevathan deal, ugh, only $7mil annually, could've saved the TE money and spent it on him, moved Anthony to OLB and actually had a competent group of LBs for the first time in a couple decades.
    That was probably the steal of Free Agency, Trevathan for only 7M a year. I think he must have just liked some combination of having Fox as a coach, being a LB in the town renowned for them and enough money that going elsewhere wasn't worth the difference, cause I can't imagine other teams didn't offer him more than that.

If the Patriots could sign both their linebackers for those kind of numbers I'd be ecstatic, but I'm pretty sure that both of them will ask a good deal more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trevathan is who I most wanted the Saints to sign but didn't dare to dream they could afford him, to see him sign for so little is discouraging.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that Denver is losing all their players, who do they bring in? Arian Foster could be interesting considering the success he's had with Kubiak, why not bring back Knighton?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trevathan is who I most wanted the Saints to sign but didn't dare to dream they could afford him, to see him sign for so little is discouraging.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that Denver is losing all their players, who do they bring in? Arian Foster could be interesting considering the success he's had with Kubiak, why not bring back Knighton?
    Hmm, I think Denver needs a 3-4 DE, where Knighton is more a nose tackle, I don't think he'd really fit. He also didn't play very well last year, so I'm thinking he won;t be very popular on the market one way or the other. I think he takes a prove it deal somewhere, comes in lean and fit, plays his ass off looking for that pay day he missed last year (and this year). Either that or he's just going to continue being a fat and lazy player and not get any work soon. Hard to tell with guys like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I don't really know what happens when you sign a "prove-it" deal and then don't prove anything. They gonna have another veteran combine?

For him it makes sense to return to the team where he was more successful.

Speaking of... Nick Fairley also failed to prove it, what will become of him?
    Last edited by draynay; 2016-03-10 at 07:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    He may turn out to be crappy, but his situation in Denver wasn't great. I think Texans liked what they saw, and figured they could coach up whatever wasn't good enough. He's young, he was poised in Denver and he'll have plenty of support to become great in Houston.

You may be right, and the Texans may have just wasted like 45M on a guy with just 7 starts, but at least give the guy a chance to prove himself before you give up on him.
    DeAndre Hopkins had some insane stats and was a top-5 WR this year despite having a freaking ring of circus clowns at quarterback, it's insane to think how good he could be with a good QB (not calling Brock Lobster great but anything is better than what the Texans have had the past few years).

10+ Year Old Account
    Sean Smith to the Raiders. 4 years, $40 million, $20 million guaranteed.

That secondary just went from starting DJ Hayden and TJ Carrie to Amerson and Smith in the space of a year.

Expect safety to be addressed next.

- - - Updated - - -

CJ played like shit for a majority of the year.
    If he were fully healthy, you might have a point, he wasn't and still did better than a fair number of RBs. Still did 720 yards, 4.7 average a carry. Fair few teams sniffing around him with that low tender slapped on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

If he were fully healthy, you might have a point, he wasn't and still did better than a fair number of RBs. Still did 720 yards, 4.7 average a carry. Fair few teams sniffing around him with that low tender slapped on him.
    Those stats seem odd, because I watched everyone broncos game, and he had some good runs, but the majority of his carries (literally every f**cking first down it felt like) he would get stuffed at the line.

Those stats seem odd, because I watched everyone broncos game, and he had some good runs, but the majority of his carries (literally every f**cking first down it felt like) he would get stuffed at the line.
    Ya those stats are actually accurate. Hillman was also statistically around the same YPC.