10+ Year Old Account
    Rotoworld saying that Von Miller wants 22M a year, and that apparently 2 GM's have said they think he could get 24-25M on the open market.

Just gobsmacking amounts of money.........untill you realise Vernon Olivier got 17M a year and isn't even close to Miller's level.

Next tier of QB's are going to want ridiculous amounts of money. If a Passrusher gets 22M, then QB's are likely going to demand 24-25+.

I think Vetali could have been calling it right all along this past year+; Luck's contract is going to be bonkers.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    These deals really make you appreciate the fact that Tom Brady takes well below market pretty consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    These deals really make you appreciate the fact that Tom Brady takes well below market pretty consistently.
    Just hope Brees does the same thing for the Saints. I'm dreading that contract but I want him to play for us for another 4 years+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Just hope Brees does the same thing for the Saints.
    That will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    That will not happen.
    It needs to. Brady shouldn't be the only QB out there taking the hometown discount so his team can sign more players to win championships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Packers sign Jared Cook, express interest in Ronnie Hillman. Interesting moves for a team that generally doesn't make any in free agency.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...en-bay-packers

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...onnie-hillman/

10+ Year Old Account
    Brees is a union guy, the quick and easy contract has never been his thing, I figure he's gunning for something along the lines of what Flacco got.

Cook is the sensible signing for Green Bay, position of need for reasonable cost.

Saints get Nick Fairley signed.

Laquon Treadwell ran his 40 at 4.63 which is about as slow as people expected of him, but speed was never his game.

- - - Updated - - -

Panthers also added Boykin to play slot CB, they've made a habit of good under-the-radar signings the last year+.

15+ Year Old Account
    Brees is a union guy, the quick and easy contract has never been his thing, I figure he's gunning for something along the lines of what Flacco got.

Cook is the sensible signing for Green Bay, position of need for reasonable cost.

Saints get Nick Fairley signed.

Laquon Treadwell ran his 40 at 4.63 which is about as slow as people expected of him, but speed was never his game.

- - - Updated - - -

Panthers also added Boykin to play slot CB, they've made a habit of good under-the-radar signings the last year+.
    Isn't Brees like one of the top payed players in the NFL? At least the top straight payed qb last year.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Isn't Brees like one of the top payed players in the NFL? At least the top straight payed qb last year.
    I think I read he was like 9th in QB pay after being 1st when he signed his mega deal a few years back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I think I read he was like 9th in QB pay after being 1st when he signed his mega deal a few years back.
    Yeah, this is pretty much what I remember.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom Brady's latest team-friendly deal put him ahead of Brees in annual value, so Brees was #1 but everybody else has caught up.

Tom Brady's latest team-friendly deal put him ahead of Brees in annual value, so Brees was #1 but everybody else has caught up.
    Yeah I mean I am totally fine with them dropping a bank at Brees' home and paying him like he deserves. I just hope they can do it in a way to free up some cap space.

15+ Year Old Account
    But without that Brees contract, none of them might of even got that high. But with a new one, he might end up getting paid more maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Marshawn Lynch wanted to play for Green Bay.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/p...to-play-032816

Can you imagine that backfield?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys who play for the Bills probably say that at the end of every game (except Cleveland).

The biggest problem with the NFL contracts right now is the mid tier at best (or lower/backup tier for QBs this offseason) are getting paid as much as the upper tier guys, so when they are up for contracts they get even more than they should. Hype or perceived need for a position seem (QBs and pass rushers mainly) to drive their contracts more than performance. Von Miller,'s potential contract, who is significantly better than Veron/Jackson/whatever other pass rushers (Malik Jackson isnt even a pass rusher at that, Shaq Barrett had more sacks) got this year, kind of makes me uneasy about future cap space. When the 10th best starter and 13 or 14th best player on a defense gets over 10% of a teams cap space for 1 decent year, that is insane.

Brees/Rodgers/Brady/Big Ben are the only QBs right now (possibly Wilson later) that should be in the top tier paid guys. This offseason has backups paid mid tier starter money, and a guy that had a slightly worse stat line in every way than Blaine Gabbert (who was on a terrible team) in the same number of games getting paid top half money. Thinking about it just confuses me.

I think my favorite part about the combine and pro days are seeing guys get devalued or hyped up purely based on their 40 times, bench press or vertical jump or other stuff that does not even translate well to most positions in the league. QBs might be the biggest way this happens when they do workouts that are designed completely to what they can do. Someone could probably even make me look like a good QB and I never played the position at any level. There are people at every position right now that are top tier that were low round or undrafted players purely based on measurables. Would probably be a lot less busts if teams ignored pro day and combine workouts.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-03-29 at 12:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I think my favorite part about the combine and pro days are seeing guys get devalued or hyped up purely based on their 40 times, bench press or vertical jump or other stuff that does not even translate well to most positions in the league. QBs might be the biggest way this happens when they do workouts that are designed completely to what they can do. Someone could probably even make me look like a good QB and I never played the position at any level. There are people at every position right now that are top tier that were low round or undrafted players purely based on measurables. Would probably be a lot less busts if teams ignored pro day and combine workouts.
    Don't forget hand size!

Jim Irsay is comparing the medical issues caused by playing football to the possible side effects of taking aspirin, I didn't think Irsay had much interest in over-the-counter pharmaceuticals.

Guys who play for the Bills probably say that at the end of every game (except Cleveland).
    Maybe he figured he would be less likely to run people over after clubbing.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Jim Irsay is comparing the medical issues caused by playing football to the possible side effects of taking aspirin, I didn't think Irsay had much interest in over-the-counter pharmaceuticals.
    Can't take hair of the dog every day, gotta have the normal hang over cures ready on days when you have to stay sober for a few hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints freed up a few million with restructures of Cam Jordan & Thomas Morstead, it is a constant tightrope walk for Mickey Loomis.