10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably the greatest tweet ever: https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/811010023992135680

I burst out laughing at the Gronk part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly fake, when did BB ever smile?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Clearly fake, when did BB ever smile?
    http://i.imgur.com/dAHPRZj.gifv

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't work as an image on the site sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    See he realises he's about to smile and then stops immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Walkie Talkie Gate costs the Giants 150k and McAdoo 50k in fines.

Must be nice to be so far up the league ass that you can get what doesn't even amount to a slap on the wrists for obvious rule breaking.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and apparently their 4th round pick is now at the very end of the round, instead of at their own draft position. What a sham.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone just reminded me that Ray Farmer (former Browns GM) got a 4 game ban and the Browns 250k fine, for sending ONE text during a game. That makes this Giants punishment look even more ridiculous.

The Broncos and McDaniels both for $50k fines for the video taping stuff, so the Giants punishments are worse than that was. It probably was more lenient because an "anonymous" source (believed to be one of the coaches, I personally think it was Clancy Barone since it would explain a lot) reported it to the Broncos higher ups and it was investigated before the league did. He might have been fired before the league issued the penalties too, can't remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    It could be worse, not like there has been a team that started 6-0 then missed the playoffs or anything.
    I liked the 2008 Broncos better, final game of the season, winner takes the division, Sproles buries them 52-21.

Some of the pro bowl selections are hilarious. Reggie Nelson over Weddle (or probably 90% of the AFC FSs), Pouncey over Paradis, Dak over Stafford or Brees, and Tolbert the NFC fullback again. Not like it will be worth watching anyway, and better than how the MLB all star voting goes though.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I liked the 2008 Broncos better, final game of the season, winner takes the division, Sproles buries them 52-21.
    Yeah that one got Shanahan fired, but deservedly since his teams had collapses in the second half every year from not playing any defense. Then McDaniels happened. Not sure which was actually worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, anyone else cynically not-so-surprised that the NFL's weak ass punishment of the Giants was dropped a mere few hours before the media hype from the Pro Bowl selections was released? It's like when the NFL drops news about suspensions on late friday afternoon, just as the week-end starts. Pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I guess you have to forget about how much of a dirt bag Belichick is.
    Meh. There's not one owner or GM that's not a dirtbag in some form or fashion. Even the coaches are often dirtbags. And like with all team affinities: I'll take my team's dirtbag over your team's dirtbags.

They release negative things right before something else happens to try to hide it, since it is the best way for them to look good from a PR standpoint. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Meh. There's not one owner or GM that's not a dirtbag in some form or fashion. Even the coaches are often dirtbags. And like with all team affinities: I'll take my team's dirtbag over your team's dirtbags.
    The dirtbags tend to be better coaches, and almost always better GMs too. There are plenty of HCs that are nice, and hurts them when things aren't going well (Kubiak and Fox easy examples). Then you have Belichick that will cut or bench people without a second thought, which is a big reason he is so good.

10+ Year Old Account
    The dirtbags tend to be better coaches, and almost always better GMs too. There are plenty of HCs that are nice, and hurts them when things aren't going well (Kubiak and Fox easy examples). Then you have Belichick that will cut or bench people without a second thought, which is a big reason he is so good.
    Pete Carroll is sometimes a bit too generous. Like this Richard Sherman shit (basically told a local radio guy post interview off air that Sherman would end his career).

Trash talking trash players is something I like. When you are starting shit with coaches and local media, you just look like an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you have Belichick that will cut or bench people without a second thought, which is a big reason he is so good.
    Belichick, I think, honestly doesn;t even see himself as a dirtbag. He's just doing what's best for the Patriots organization. If that means trading a guy he doesn;t see having future value to the Browns, then so be it. If that means cutting a player 1 day before the Superbowl so he can bring a prospect in he thinks has more value in the offseason that is 2 days away, he'll do it.

It is stone cold, and I'm not even sure Belichick would view it as cold hearted. I think in his world view, that's just how the NFL works and if you decide to be part of that, then you have to accept the nasty bits too, like possibly getting exiled to the Browns in the midst of a probable 0-16 run if you don't perform like your coaches want.

But to be honest, in a twisted way, what he does in return benefits the 52 other players and 10 practice squad players and the whole organization supporting them and provides them a better chance to get to the goals they envision. He's always trying to do what is best for the majority of his team, both now and in the future, at the cost of the individual.

If Belichick had to choose between killing one innocent man to prevent a tragedy of countless, or protecting him, I'm convinced that guy would be dead before you knew it.

10+ Year Old Account

This was surprisingly tough to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HuXgVYx.jpg[IMG]

This was surprisingly tough to do
    Can imagine. I don't disagree with any of your choices though.

I'd probably consider John Harbaugh for Lawful Evil too, with his hold everyone and let the punter run out for a safety as time expires.

Coughlin would probably be a Lawful Good candidate. Marvin Lewis for Chaotic Neutral possibly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Can imagine. I don't disagree with any of your choices though.

I'd probably consider John Harbaugh for Lawful Evil too, with his hold everyone and let the punter run out for a safety as time expires.

Coughlin would probably be a Lawful Good candidate. Marvin Lewis for Chaotic Neutral possibly?
    I had Pete Carroll as neutral good originally. Jeff Fisher as true neutral is a given though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I approve of Mr Vanilla himself being lawful good. He has to walk the line and answer to the man upstairs after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know coaches well enough to judge. I would imagine Garrett to be Lawful Good though. I like Carroll as Lawful Neutral because he's the guy who somehow has success despite being the nice guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    JDR is certainly the epitome of chaotic this year.

Only one I dont quite get is Ried for neutral good.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2016-12-21 at 12:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs more Sean Payton, don't get much more chaotic than him. Pretty good go though, Tomlin seems more evil to me though.

CJ Anderson is smartly not going to try to come back this year.

TJ Ward is also somehow is concussion protocol in addition to Derby and Green. Having the symptoms come up late enough to not go into it until today doesn't sound too good. I hope he doesn't play at least this week, since I want to see how Parks or Simmons do starting. They have done really well when they have been on the field with coverage and not missing tackles and Ward has been awful at both of those this year.