Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Tomlinson and Dawkins are first ballot guys, for sure. I'll wait till I've seen the last, I think they are still adding names (and I'm adding them to my previous post)
    Taylor is a 6x pro bowl and 3x all pro and 7th on the all time sack list. He's every bit the player Dawkins and Tomlinson were.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Jay Glazer is saying the Seahawks are bringing in Devin Hester as a return man. Apparently having Richard Sherman fair catch every punt wasn't a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Taylor is a 6x pro bowl and 3x all pro and 7th on the all time sack list. He's every bit the player Dawkins and Tomlinson were.
    Agreed. Should have added him as a lock.

I'd say Dawkins, Tomlinson, Taylor and I think Terrell Owens gets his turn now in the WR log jam carroussell and then one of the Kurt Warner/Allen Faneca/Ty Law trio. Those seem like the names to beat.

Agreed. Should have added him as a lock.

I'd say Dawkins, Tomlinson, Taylor and I think Terrell Owens gets his turn now in the WR log jam carroussell and then one of the Kurt Warner/Allen Faneca/Ty Law trio. Those seem like the names to beat.
    All good. As a diehard Dolphin fan I can get a little overprotective.

I dunno about Owens though. His numbers are good enough, but I'm not sure the stodgy voters want to put his controversial personality in.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

If Lynch or Dawkins get in before Atwater, it just shows how screwed up the HoF voting is. Then again, it has been forever since a pure safety got in to begin with. The only 2 non kicker/punter from the 90s all-decade team to not be in are the 2 safeties I think.

Morten Andersen should have been in years ago too, but again kickers don't get in.
    Last edited by Grube; 2017-01-04 at 02:35 AM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ty Law needs to get into the HoF. Total pats homerism there, but he must have given Peyton Manning legitimate nightmares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I dunno about Owens though. His numbers are good enough, but I'm not sure the stodgy voters want to put his controversial personality in.
    They don't have much choice. Isaac Bruce is now on the short list too and they can't put Bruce in over Owens without looking like tools. And Randy Moss is on the way too, so they have to keep putting in WR that should be in or the list of WR gets too long.

There were already people last year complaining that Owens didn't get in on first ballot but the counter argument then was that Harrison had been skipped a few years already and needed to be enshrined, and that that had been the reason to not put Owens in (yet).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Morten Andersen should have been in years ago too, but again kickers don't get in.
    Yeah, Anderson has little narrrative going for him, doubt he inspired many people to turn on the TV to watch him play so there's not that much public clamor or interest to drive his campaign.

It's sad, but HoF enshrinment is like the MVP, it's not pure skill that gets you the nod, it's part skill, part story/narrative, part public interest and you need to have a good mix of those or you just end up waiting and waiting.

Anderson should have been in shortly after retiring, he set records and had a longevity that are even now only going to be approached by few other players. Sadly he;s a kicker, and he'll likely be waiting a bit more.

It's sad, but HoF enshrinment is like the MVP, it's not pure skill that gets you the nod, it's part skill, part story/narrative, part public interest and you need to have a good mix of those or you just end up waiting and waiting.
    Team you played for and position are probably the top 2 things you need. The last safety that didn't spend a portion of their career at corner to get in was Paul Krause which took 20 years after he retired, Ray Guy is the only pure punter who only got in from the vet committee 30 years after he retired, and Jan Stenerud is the only pure kicker. Denver has more Superbowl appearances than people in the HoF despite obvious HoF guys like Atwater, and Mecklenburg being at the top of their positions when they played. Then you have pretty much everyone that was good from the Steelers get in automatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah I forgot to rant today. Was pretty pissed off at Seattle's choice in long snapper. Clint Gresham is still a FA and in shape, and they picked some dude thats been juggled this season (and cut by Cincy for being terrible). The problem is, for whatever reason the Seahawks don't wana pay him vet min.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot to rant today. Was pretty pissed off at Seattle's choice in long snapper. Clint Gresham is still a FA and in shape, and they picked some dude thats been juggled this season (and cut by Cincy for being terrible). The problem is, for whatever reason the Seahawks don't wana pay him vet min.
    Tyler Ott, right? We had him in on a training camp or 2 and he never made the team. Pretty sure he got beaten out by our old long snapper, who was so bad we replaced him with a 5th round pic last year and he competed with him too and was cut early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyler Ott, right? We had him in on a training camp or 2 and he never made the team. Pretty sure he got beaten out by our old long snapper, who was so bad we replaced him with a 5th round pic last year and he competed with him too and was cut early.
    Yep. Basically Gresh had a bad snap in that Minnesota playoff game in Hoth temperatures last year and they decided they wanted to move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I hate having bye weeks... the wait for another game is excruciating. Especially when your team had nothing to play for and basically skipped week 17.
    Be a football fan and support good football! Makes the wait less excruciating!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate having bye weeks... the wait for another game is excruciating. Especially when your team had nothing to play for and basically skipped week 17.
    im not sure who the cheer for. I mean Dtroit v Seattle is obv Detroit. But between GB and Giiants, both I dont really wanna see since GB is getting hot and GIants have the Cowboys number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    If Lynch or Dawkins get in before Atwater, it just shows how screwed up the HoF voting is. Then again, it has been forever since a pure safety got in to begin with. The only 2 non kicker/punter from the 90s all-decade team to not be in are the 2 safeties I think.

That better change, because there's a cavalry of great kickers that deserve to get in that are getting up in age. Vinatieri is first.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Vinatieri isn't put in the system needs an overhaul. Vinatieri and Janikowski should both be locks.
    Vinatieri I get, but why Janikowski? If you are getting in as a kicker you need something that makes you stand out especially. Janikowski doesn;t have the game winning kicks Vinatieri does, nor the precision stats, nor the longevity (yet). For me the only thing Janikowski has going for him is that he was a high draft pick. He might have been special in the leg strength department when he was first drafted, but his range is fairly the norm now, not the exception.

Sorry (NG) but I'm not seeing it.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If Vinatieri doesn't get in, it's a travesty. The longevity, the consistency, the clutch factor, the rings, everything.

Seabass is pretty far down the list. They would have to skip over guys like Gary Anderson, Jason Elam, and Jason Hanson to put Vinatieri in too. Let alone Mark Moseley who won an MVP as a kicker (he wasn't that great overall though). If Morten Andersen and Gary Anderson don't get in first, no other kickers should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they could stop having retarded arbitrary limits on who they can include in a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seabass's accuracy goes down when you realise he has far more long range attempts compared to any other kicker, he'll never have the accuracy record purely because he gets put in more situations to get points where other teams either elect to punt, or didn't have a dogshit QB and got closer before needing to kick.

As for game winners, sure he's never had to win a superbowl on his kicks, but that's a reflection on him never having a team to put him in that position.

But an 80.4% career completion rate where 53 of the 414 made attempts came from over 50 yards (an NFL record) two of which are from 60+ (a tied NFL record) Adam hasn't kicked past 57 and made it by comparison.

Not to mention hitting 3 of those 50+ in a game, or 4 in one quarter when he kicked the Bears to death. And one of those 50+ yarders was the longest range field goal in overtime at 57 yards, if you don't think he's clutch, he carried the Raiders through their shit years to actually being in games.

You could argue Vinetieri made his career off chip shots. He went one season where his longest was a 39 yard, Seabass's lowest season was 49.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the actual reason I came to post here, remember Carr's dislocated pinky?

Turns out it wasn't dislocated, it was broken.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2017-01-04 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    He was sub 100 QBR for a majority of their first 10 games, being MVP is being the person who does the most to consisntently put their team in a winning position. Your team needs you all 16 games, not the last 6 because you went 4-6 to begin the season. If they had won more games early they dont need to run the table, but they didn't in part due to Rodgers. And yes I count Brady playing 25% less games then the other QBs against him, you have to. He had zero impact for those 4 games. The same applies to Rodgers, he played all 16, and while he played great down the strech the early part of the season was rough and he was a part of that.

As far as Ryan's team being intact he has proven throughout the season to be able to score with just about anyone, throwing 2+ TDs to 10 different recievers, a NFL record. Whereas 26/40 of Rodgers have gone to Nelson and Adams.

I think Rodgers, and every other QB deserve it way less then Ryan. It's a big gap between the #1 and #2 IMO.

I don't know the numbers you are looking at, but he leads in TDs. Thats it. Yards, YPA, Completetion %, interceptions, fumbles, rushing yds/tds, etc. And in the first three big categories he really isnt even that close. So I dont know how you call that dominant.
    Quarterback Rating is a bullshit stat made by ESPN anyways. It's been proven time and time again that it isn't an accurate way to measure a quarterback. Let me repeat again. Rodgers was NOT bad in his first 10 games. Was it bad for his standards? Yes. But he still had 25 touchdowns to only 7 picks. As far as him "consistently" putting his team in a winning position, he was literally responsible for every single Packer touchdown in that supposedly awful 10 game stretch for him. He's still responsible for almost 80% of the Packers points scored this year. That leads the other candidates by a staggering amount. 4 of those games they lost weren't even mostly his fault. He put his team in a position to win but his defense couldn't stop Matt Ryan on a final drive against the Falcons. It was the same with the Redskins game. NO quarterback should be expected to carry their team when their secondary is giving up Basketball-like numbers.

And like the old saying goes; It's not about how you start but how you finish. Rodgers put his team on his back and carried them when they for all intents and purposes, eliminated from the playoffs. He played better football than any quarterback in the league during the most important stretch of games for the season. I still think Matt Ryan deserves it more, make no mistake, but I don't think Rodgers winning it is crazy or that he deserves FAR less.
    Last edited by Pockitt; 2017-01-04 at 11:37 AM.