10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Bengals still have no draft rushers behind carlos dunlap. Im not just flirting with the idea that we need to sign You know who on the cheap anymore. Let mama marvin have a shot at turning his life around. He made pacman serviceable. Plus. Hardys marginal productivity makes people like me drool when i see a low price tag.

The afc north jas a reputation for being jerkfaces. How bad can 1 more jerkface be?
    To some people winning isn't a goal you sacrfice everything for, including team reputation. Sometimes there's more important things, and who you are as a team and what you represent should weigh more than the slight possiblity that you could win more games by signing an absolutely awful human being.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah at some point you need to have some self respect as a team. You sign Hardy, you've lost pretty much everyone else's. Hell, I think a lot of people who root for the Bengals would even agree that it's too far.

10+ Year Old Account
    You Patriots fans crack me up.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can't hold Hernandez against them, and the guys they got otherwise were character, not hitting your girlfriend and paying her off. I didn't get mad at the Bengals for Pacman. But Hardy is another situation entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots allowing fans to trade in their Hernandez jerseys was a classy move, as well as a smart PR tactic. Still, they could have easily not done it but they chose to allow fans to bring in their jerseys just to show that they don't want to be associated with him whatsoever.

There are a lot of guys in the NFL who are not exactly Boy Scouts and I think every team has at least one or two of them, in varying degrees. Greg Hardy is among one of the worst offenders though, I hope he never finds work again in the NFL.

At some point last year I saw that there were over 20 guys with multiple arrests (a lot of them DUIs, or drug related) playing. Hardy is less of a problem than guys like Aldon Smith that have 3 or 4 DUIs to me. That being said, I still would not want Hardy to get another chance.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    To some people winning isn't a goal you sacrfice everything for, including team reputation. Sometimes there's more important things, and who you are as a team and what you represent should weigh more than the slight possiblity that you could win more games by signing an absolutely awful human being.
    Slight?

The cowboys would've been geniuses if the photos weren't released mid-season. Hardy was on track to have an above average year at the least.

An athletes productivity decreasing after aspects of his private life become public knowledge isn't a new thing. (Tiger Woods) What makes Hardy's situation different from others is that his career is on the verge of extinction (understandably) while others were not. His productivity would recover because he literally can't afford for it not to.

Also, two words: Geno Atkins.

If Domata Peko can get a career all-time high in sacks despite being garbage and over 30 with Atkins healthy, Hardy would feast. Especially if he replaced the rotational spot Gillburry had.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-05-09 at 02:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slight?

The cowboys would've been geniuses if the photos weren't released mid-season. Hardy was on track to have an above average year at the least.

An athletes productivity decreasing after aspects of his private life become public knowledge isn't a new thing. (Tiger Woods) What makes Hardy's situation different from others is that his career is on the verge of extinction (understandably) while others were not. His productivity would recover because he literally can't afford for it not to.
    That's assuming he can, and also assuming he fixes his lockeroom demeanor. Tiger Wiods still hasn't recovered so not the best comparison. His ESPN interview shows he's not willing to fix shot and take responsibility yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Can't hold Hernandez against them, and the guys they got otherwise were character, not hitting your girlfriend and paying her off. I didn't get mad at the Bengals for Pacman. But Hardy is another situation entirely.

If any Bengals fans get upset, simply utter Odell Thurman and Chris Henry. This isn't anything new to us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    That's assuming he can, and also assuming he fixes his lockeroom demeanor. Tiger Wiods still hasn't recovered so not the best comparison. His ESPN interview shows he's not willing to fix shot and take responsibility yet.
    All Greg Hardy problems came after the photo release.

Sure, some atheltes never recover. But again, Tiger Wood's career wasn't on the verge of extinction as a result. Hardy's is. A couple bruises, money settlements, and public scrutiny and Woods moved on.

A bet on someone with literally everything at stake. His dreams AND income? I'll take that bet everyday of the week with a contract filled with incentives

10+ Year Old Account
    If any Bengals fans get upset, simply utter Odell Thurman and Chris Henry. This isn't anything new to us.

- - - Updated - - -

All Greg Hardy problems came after the photo release.

Sure, some atheltes never recover. But again, Tiger Wood's career wasn't on the verge of extinction as a result. Hardy's is. A couple bruises, money settlements, and public scrutiny and Woods moved on.

A bet on someone with literally everything at stake. His dreams AND income? I'll take that bet everyday of the week with a contract filled with incentives
    Eh, he was having problems down here in DFW even prior to them. It just didn't go national until after that. He simply hasnt shown the judgement afterwards to gamble on. Petersen? fixed and took responsibility. Josh Brent was welcomed back by the Cowboys and kept his head down after accidentally killing someone until he retired. Hardy hasn't really shown growth from his messup.

This isnt even taking into account that he was a cancer in the locker room toward his teammates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, he was having problems down here in DFW even prior to them. It just didn't go national until after that. He simply hasnt shown the judgement afterwards to gamble on. Petersen? fixed and took responsibility. Josh Brent was welcomed back by the Cowboys and kept his head down after accidentally killing someone until he retired. Hardy hasn't really shown growth from his messup.

This isnt even taking into account that he was a cancer in the locker room toward his teammates.

Show me. Because the worst I heard prior to the photos was people trying to crucify him for saying he wanted to "hit Eli Manning in the mouth".

Reporters didn't mention that "hit them in the mouth" is common football jargon for hitting someone hard enough to lower his confidence/swagger, especially in inner-city HS football teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me. Because the worst I heard prior to the photos was people trying to crucify him for saying he wanted to "hit Eli Manning in the mouth".

Reporters didn't mention that "hit them in the mouth" is common football jargon for hitting someone hard enough to lower his confidence/swagger, especially in inner-city HS football teams.
    Well I know i linked it in the old thread, but the talk of bad judgement began when he drove into a flooded street and abandoned his car.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/laces-o...andoned-042515

granted, that kind of stupidity isnt limited to him, but its still a sign of stupidity.

Also this: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ones/75613842/

"By USA TODAY Sports’ Eric Prisbell’s count, this is the fourth incident involving Hardy that Garrett has had to address in the month Hardy has been playing with the team, including his sexist comments about Tom Brady’s wife and the fit he threw on the sideline, pushing and shoving teammates and coaches during the New York Giants game."

Also the game in Oct against the Giants was a mess. He was out of control vs everyone.

Also, look up Dale Hansen on Hardy. He was critiquing him since early 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I know i linked it in the old thread, but the talk of bad judgement began when he drove into a flooded street and abandoned his car.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/laces-o...andoned-042515

granted, that kind of stupidity isnt limited to him, but its still a sign of stupidity.

Also this: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ones/75613842/

"By USA TODAY Sports’ Eric Prisbell’s count, this is the fourth incident involving Hardy that Garrett has had to address in the month Hardy has been playing with the team, including his sexist comments about Tom Brady’s wife and the fit he threw on the sideline, pushing and shoving teammates and coaches during the New York Giants game."

Also the game in Oct against the Giants was a mess. He was out of control vs everyone.

Also, look up Dale Hansen on Hardy. He was critiquing him since early 2015.

How is that stupid? His car got stuck in a flood and he abandoned it. Not everyone can live in Iowa where someone will pull to the side of the road and help you out.

Greg Hardy released those tweets shortly after the photos, not before.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that stupid? His car got stuck in a flood and he abandoned it. Not everyone can live in Iowa where someone will pull to the side of the road and help you out.

Greg Hardy released those tweets shortly after the photos, not before.
    Driving into standing water is stupid. Abandoning it is not, but driving into the water is. That's something you have drilled into your head in any place that floods. That's how people get killed in floods.

but the locker room issues (except the tweets) and the Giants game were before the photos.

15+ Year Old Account
    Driving into standing water is stupid. Abandoning it is not, but driving into the water is. That's something you have drilled into your head in any place that floods. That's how people get killed in floods.

but the locker room issues (except the tweets) and the Giants game were before the photos.
    Remember the flooding that happened in Houston like a month ago?

Many people don't know or forget that this road actually goes down a slope, so a few stupid people try to drive through it.
    Last edited by apepi; 2016-05-09 at 03:08 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account

Greg Hardy was born and raised in Mississippi and played his first years in the NFL in North Carolina.

I don't think ignorance of floods is a big red flag unless you're one of the draft evaluators for a team. Then again, they ask questions like "do you like men" and analytics show that drafts are guessing games despite evaluator decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greg Hardy was born and raised in Mississippi and played his first years in the NFL in North Carolina.

I don't think ignorance of floods is a big red flag unless you're one of the draft evaluators for a team.
    yeah, Mississippi floods.

http://www.wapt.com/weather/heavy-ra...urday/38440400

So he'd have to be willfully ignorant, which is a red flag.

but you wanted me to prove he's had issues prior to the photos, and I think I did. Individually they'd be fine, but the combo of everything he has done points do an immature mindset that just wouldn't be worth it to sign. That ESPN interview basically solidifies that.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, Mississippi floods.

http://www.wapt.com/weather/heavy-ra...urday/38440400

So he'd have to be willfully ignorant, which is a red flag.

but you wanted me to prove he's had issues prior to the photos, and I think I did. Individually they'd be fine, but the combo of everything he has done points do an immature mindset that just wouldn't be worth it to sign. That ESPN interview basically solidifies that.

Mississippi is tornado country. Mississippi had noteworthy floods after noteworthy hurricanes. I doubt it's a common occurrence, judging from the few people I know that actually go to the backward Cowtown state.

But if you really want, I can pull out state-by-state flood premiums to compare.

The higher the premium, the more likely a flood is to occur in said area. Pretty sound, right?

Mississippi is tornado country. Mississippi had noteworthy floods after noteworthy hurricanes. I doubt it's a common occurrence, judging from the few people I know that actually go to the backward Cowtown state.

But if you really want, I can pull out state-by-state flood premiums to compare.

The higher the premium, the more likely a flood is to occur in said area. Pretty sound, right?
    Yeah I don't understand why this flood thing is such a big deal. Shit happens and people do things that they regret later. I think it is pretty stupid to drive into a flooded area but it hasn't stopped people from doing it. It just sounds like one of these silly red flags that the 'draft scouts' come up with and red flag someone for failing the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah I don't understand why this flood thing is such a big deal. Shit happens and people do things that they regret later. I think it is pretty stupid to drive into a flooded area but it hasn't stopped people from doing it. It just sounds like one of these silly red flags that the 'draft scouts' come up with and red flag someone for failing the question.
    I'd have close to no problems with it on its own. However, as I said, you combine it with everything else he did prior to the photos and he's superly questionable. You include toe ESPN interview after the photos and frankly he should be treated the same as Manziel.