10+ Year Old Account
    Someone brought that up on reddit, though they were talking about in the future. Once Brady and Big Ben retire, the AFC is going to be more of a crapshoot like the NFC usually is.

As far as this year goes, I can't say it's going to be similar to last year, because too many teams were missing important pieces. Jordy in Green Bay, Romo of course, and even Kelvin Benjamin in Carolina. Also, retired players too. Lynch and Megatron in the NFC. Heath Miller is gone. Gonna be weird not hearing his name being chanted anytime he gets the ball.

The Flutie curse trying to claw at the Bills again. Shaq Lawson (shoulder) and Sammy Watkins (foot) having surgery in the next couple days.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    The Flutie curse trying to claw at the Bills again. Shaq Lawson (shoulder) and Sammy Watkins (foot) having surgery in the next couple days.
    Flutie curse?

- - - Updated - - -

Mettenberger (who got dropped by the Titans) picked up by the team his former coach went back to: The Chargers.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's better than most of the backups the Chargers have had in recent years, fortunately they never have to do much.

Surprised anyone signed him with as bad as he played, guess the Chargers realized he had nothing to work with in Tennessee. Not like it matters, Rivers would probably have to get ran over by a steamroller to miss a game.

John Lynch is being inducted into both the Broncos ring of fame and the Bucs ring of honor this year. Kind of weird he is being put in Denver's before guys like McCaffrey, but it might be to try to help his HoF voting. He was close last year, but being both a safety and playing more than 1 year in Denver seems like a no go there.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Flutie curse?.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-curs...lls-1450830876
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, okay. Should have guessed at that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Makes sense for them. They have Donald, who's a similar (but much better) player. Easley can probably come in and help give Donald a few snaps off while still maintaining their scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    They had Fairley last year now they're kicking the tires on Easley, that's the type of player they like so it should be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    "#Jaguars 1st-round pick Jalen Ramsey has suffered a knee injury, source said. Characterized now as a small meniscus tear. 2nd opinion coming"

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/733374081727401985

Damn, last year Fowler went out early as well. With luck like that the Jags are never going to win any divisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell do they do preseason training on, tar and sand?

Sounds like a minor injury that he would not miss much if any regular season games. The media just likes to make every medical thing sound worse than it is, ESPN even had multiple articles about Sanchez missing only a couple days of OTAs without mentioning anything but thumb surgery. You can also tear your meniscus doing anything, so it could have even happened getting out of a chair after watching film.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Sounds like a minor injury that he would not miss much if any regular season games. The media just likes to make every medical thing sound worse than it is, ESPN even had multiple articles about Sanchez missing only a couple days of OTAs without mentioning anything but thumb surgery. You can also tear your meniscus doing anything, so it could have even happened getting out of a chair after watching film.
    Stuff like this is what kills a guy's production during the season though, especially a DB. They may still technically be playing, but they are performing below what they can, and are likely worsening their injury, meaning off-season recovery might be more involved and mean they miss out more time the following year.

I'm glad for him that he's likely back fro training camp, but this is still shitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Stuff like this is what kills a guy's production during the season though, especially a DB. They may still technically be playing, but they are performing below what they can, and are likely worsening their injury, meaning off-season recovery might be more involved and mean they miss out more time the following year.

I'm glad for him that he's likely back fro training camp, but this is still shitty.
    Yeah, with knee injuries its easier to run forward than backwards. Running then cutting then running backwards.

A meniscus is just cartilage, so it is not a structural thing like a ligament injury. Everyone heals differently, so impossible to tell if it will be a problem or not.

The Bronco/Raiders trash talk stuff is kind of interesting. Did not realize it has been 13 years since the Raiders have had a winning season. I think I feel more sorry for Raider fans than Browns fans now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    A meniscus is just cartilage, so it is not a structural thing like a ligament injury. Everyone heals differently, so impossible to tell if it will be a problem or not.

The Bronco/Raiders trash talk stuff is kind of interesting. Did not realize it has been 13 years since the Raiders have had a winning season. I think I feel more sorry for Raider fans than Browns fans now.
    Saw a post/meme on Facebook today saying that Facebook was created in 2004, so never has there been a Facebook status update about the Raiders going to the playoffs.

At least the Raiders are moving in the right direction though. Jack Del Rio is the best coach they've had in awhile...although that's not saying much. But they have potential at all three offensive skill positions (Derek Carr, Amari Cooper, Latavius Murray) as well as Khalil Mack, who had a huge season last year and can really anchor their defense.

Looking at the Browns...I don't feel very confident about anyone on that team. RG3 has a lot to prove after doing basically nothing the past few years, Josh Gordon can't stay not suspended, they have no run game and Hue Jackson is, well, Hue Jackson. That, and their front office management has proven time and time again to be inept.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly been interesting watching the Raiders since Al died. The entire organisation has been pretty much rebuilt to the point where they're in an exceptionally good position to be a real challenger.

Everyone likes to point out 13 years, but seemingly forgets that a large chunk of that was under an old guy who was throwing stupid money and giving away draft picks on "big names" and drafting talent based on their 40 timers.

The last 3 years have been a complete rebuild, if anything the Raiders are essentially a new franchise. I can't think of anyone left on the Al Davis roster other than Janikowski and Reece.

People expected the leap last year, but how many teams get a winning record while sat on roughly 75 mil in cap space? How many manage to even go 7-9? This year has a much easier strength of schedule, the squad has unquestionably improved in off season, and so you expect people to make noise. Anyone who thinks the last 13 years is relevant to this season really hasn't paid much attention.

Ultimately though, looking good on paper means fuck all, roll on September.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    It's certainly been interesting watching the Raiders since Al died. The entire organisation has been pretty much rebuilt to the point where they're in an exceptionally good position to be a real challenger.

Everyone likes to point out 13 years, but seemingly forgets that a large chunk of that was under an old guy who was throwing stupid money and giving away draft picks on "big names" and drafting talent based on their 40 timers.

The last 3 years have been a complete rebuild, if anything the Raiders are essentially a new franchise. I can't think of anyone left on the Al Davis roster other than Janikowski and Reece.

People expected the leap last year, but how many teams get a winning record while sat on roughly 75 mil in cap space? How many manage to even go 7-9? This year has a much easier strength of schedule, the squad has unquestionably improved in off season, and so you expect people to make noise. Anyone who thinks the last 13 years is relevant to this season really hasn't paid much attention.

Ultimately though, looking good on paper means fuck all, roll on September.
    Yeah, they have made better moves. Ownership changes can make big differences. I want to see the Raiders get a wild card, just because I want Derek Carr to do well.

Also, speaking of losing teams. I thought for sure the Browns would have the lowest winning percentage over the last 40 years, but nope: http://i.imgur.com/Qz0gKFA.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what does it look like over the last 20 years?