Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    I probably should have posted it. It's an ESPN Insiders thing so it's behind a paywall but /rNFL has it posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...ings_voted_by/

Tier 1: Can carry his team each week. Team wins because of him.

Tier 2: Can carry team sometimes but not as consistently.

Tier 3: Legit starter but needs heavy run game/defense to win.

Tier 4: Might not want this guy starting all 16 games.

Tier 5: Do not think this guy should be starting

That's the criteria they used to ranked them.
    So they just took QBs from good teams every year and put them tier 1, and took equal or better QBs with historically bad defenses and put them 2. Makes sense. Fun fact about that list. One of the tier 3 QBs, had almost identical stats to one of the tier 4 last year. And not sure why the 49ers have 2 guys listed.

Also, Bears defense still sucks. 7/8 with a TD for Sanchez on the first drive.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Matt Ryan ranked above Dalton?

Christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter tells me INT by Sanchez, was it his fault or receiver's? Or just defensive good play? @Grube

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Twitter tells me INT by Sanchez, was it his fault or receiver's? Or just defensive good play? @Grube
    Combination of throw he should not have made and a good defensive play.

- - - Updated - - -

John Fox going for it on 4th down is something I never thought I would see, unlucky for him no one told Wade Phillips it is preseason so he blitzed on the attempt. 5 sacks in the first half including a TJ Ward blitz, without Miller or Ware.

Siemian looked better than his numbers, had a would be TD dropped, and the o-line got penalized 3 times in 4 plays (one away from the play negated a first down run by Siemian). He is playing with the 1s next week, throwing to Sanders and Thomas instead of Latimer and Sunshine will help.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-08-12 at 01:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing with and against 2nd and more likely 3rd stringers, but Jacoby Brisset, the Patriots 3rd QB, has actually not looked out of place. Not bad for a rookie that has basically had no reps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope Gimmy is holding his powerlevel for the opener vs the Cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing with and against 2nd and more likely 3rd stringers, but Jacoby Brisset, the Patriots 3rd QB, has actually not looked out of place. Not bad for a rookie that has basically had no reps.
    Also Brisset was pretty nothing at Florida.

I did not realize how many former Broncos are on the Bears roster right now until watching this, but I guess it makes sense to play for a former coach.

Lynch looked better than I expected, especially since he had about half a second before a Bear was in the backfield playing behind a swiss cheese practice squad o-line. Not sure what he was going against because their 1st round pick was still playing in the 3rd quarter and some other guys are listed as 2s on their depth chart. Really worried about the o-line depth, they had problems no matter who was out there.

On the plus side, the defense looked really good. Half the starters didn't play at all with the others playing 2-3 drives and most of the game was the 3s/4s yet still got 7 sacks and 11 QB hits.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That Malcolm Mitchell elbow injury looked rough. His season is probably done. Too bad because he looked promising. Maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    That Malcolm Mitchell elbow injury looked rough. His season is probably done. Too bad because he looked promising. Maybe next year.
    They are saying it's just dislocated, so might not be so bad but it could definitely be horrid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    They are saying it's just dislocated, so might not be so bad but it could definitely be horrid.
    Yeah, x-rays were clean, not heard about MRI results, but 1 reliable reporter has said 2 sources told him he'll be back in 4 weeks. So, that's probably what the team is thinking. Hope he recovers in that time frame, cause he looked a class of his own against the 2nd and 3rd stringers, just like some of the other respected veterans and high drafted players.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    That's just....typical. Pretty sure a guy like that doesn't belong on a football field.

Preseason football is so worthless. I didn't even watch the Skins tonight. Just glad nobody got injured.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...the Eagles defense looked good. I don't know if it matters, but they did.

I never knew about that Geno Smith thing until it came up today. Why didn't he get banned from being around other humans after breaking his teammate's jaw?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So...the Eagles defense looked good. I don't know if it matters, but they did.

I never knew about that Geno Smith thing until it came up today. Why didn't he get banned from being around other humans after breaking his teammate's jaw?
    He was suspended for 4 games for it, but Rex brought him to the Bills anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of, it's been unnaturally quiet in Buffalo. I'm starting to worry that Rex finally figured it out and is concentrating on actually winning games this year instead of boasting. Last thing the Patriots need is Rex finally producing a winning team again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of, it's been unnaturally quiet in Buffalo. I'm starting to worry that Rex finally figured it out and is concentrating on actually winning games this year instead of boasting. Last thing the Patriots need is Rex finally producing a winning team again.
    If they have anybody that isn't injured.

Somehow, I think having the Ryan brothers together on the same team will prevent that.

Doesn't seem like there were very many injuries yesterday as a whole, hopefully that continues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bills extended Taylor today which is good, he was way underpaid for a starting NFL QB. Still has a pretty meager deal as QBs go, but its not bad, with lots of incentives and team opt outs.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Bills extended Taylor today which is good, he was way underpaid for a starting NFL QB. Still has a pretty meager deal as QBs go, but its not bad, with lots of incentives and team opt outs.
    Looks like a really team friendly deal too. Pretty much a team option after each year, but has a buyout attached for the first 2 years, so he could have been worse off. Really good for him even if it is worse than he would have got if he was a free agent this offseason, nice to see late round draft picks/UDFAs stick around especially at QB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh oh, someone check on Draynay https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/s...25956924026881

"Source: Saints sign Cortland Finnegan "