Page 5 of 477 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Lovie Smith is leaving the NFL to coach at Illinois. As it pertains to the NFL, I thought he was a great coach and could have been a great fit for a number of teams. Though since he has sort of a reputation for rebuilding dumpster fire programs I think it's a great (and unexpected) hire for Illinois and a good fit for Lovie.

ttp://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/illini/lovie-smith-to-take-over-illini-football/article_f54062b8-467a-5d7b-9dc5-094adcdf30f9.html
    HEROES NEVER DIE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Possible Hall of Fame inductee class of 2021:

Charles Woodson
    Peyton Manning
    Jared Allen
    Marshawn Lynch
    Calvin Johnson (?)

Quite the list.
    Woodson and Manning are for sure first-ballot HoFers. I don't think the other 3 will get in first-ballot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jets aren't close to a deal with Fitzpatrick, who shares the same agent as Osweiler.

Market for barely starter level QBs is gonna be high after last season. You even got TJack trying to cash in. Which I could see the Colts going after since they just released Freeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Jets aren't close to a deal with Fitzpatrick, who shares the same agent as Osweiler.

Market for barely starter level QBs is gonna be high after last season. You even got TJack trying to cash in. Which I could see the Colts going after since they just released Freeman.
    I hope Fitz gets paid. Went to high-school with him.
    Kinda hope he leaves the Jets though, if for no other reason than he really clicked last season, and I don't want that in my AFC East

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the Giants are leaning on Cruz pretty hard for a reworked contract. Guy got paid for being on the sidelines all last season
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    SO. MUCH. NEWS.

Source: #Bucs guard Logan Mankins is retiring. The former #Patriots great calls it a career.

Source says Colts have ex-Pats TE Scott Chandler in for a visit today.

The #Redskins have released RGIII, source said. He's a free agent

Former #Rams DE Chris Long is set to visit the #Redskins tomorrow, source said (as @wingoz reported).

(!) The #Dolphins are in talks with the #Eagles on a trade for CB Byron Maxwell, source said. It's in the works,

#Ravens CB Shareece Wright signs a 3-year deal worth up to $16M with a $4M signing bonus and $5M guaranteed, a source said.

Jahri Evans visit to #Bills is interesting, anyway. But with talks with Richie Incognito at a standstill, there is drama in the guard market

As soon as they acquire his replacement RT @OmarKelly: Miami #Dolphins expected to release Pro Bowl CB Brent Grimes http://fw.to/KtajvxX

That should be what I missed and didn't already see mentioned (Fitz a free agent and release of Freeman)

- - - Updated - - -

The #Steelers deal for WR Darrius Heyward-Bey that @Rand_Getlin reported is 3 years, $3.8M, source said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brent Grimes you say? BRB calling Belichick
    Probably more money than it's worth though.
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2016-03-07 at 06:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Brent Grimes you say? BRB calling Belichick
    Probably more money than it's worth though.
    1) Grimes is way past his prime

2) He's married to a literally batshit insane woman, who's a cancer to every team her husband has ever been associated with.

So hopefully the Patriots stay WELL clear of him.

- - - Updated - - -

#Seahawks LB Bruce Irvin has clear interest from #Jaguars & #Falcons, with many connections. But keep an eye on #AZCardinals. They like him

- - - Updated - - -

Albert Breer: "Mystery teams once again coming out of the gate AGGRESSIVELY in free agency."

Too true. This is the time you get the most bullshit out there in the media that agents and teams WANT to be out there. So much misinformation and "anonymous sources/teams tell us".

- - - Updated - - -

#Eagles have made it known that it's not just DeMarco Murray who is available, but also Ryan Mathews, as well, for the right price.

FIRE SALE, EVERYTHING KELLY MUST GO

- - - Updated - - -

Shefter: "Eagles-Dolphins now trying to finalize trade that will send Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell to MIA for draft-pick comp, per league source."

lol

Do the Dolphins even have cap space to get both those guys on board? Seems a completely weird trade to make for Miami. Mike Tannenbaum is turning the Dolphins into the most cap screwed team in the league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kiko is cheap at least, which is a good reason to keep him but w/e. I think they won't try to trade anybody to the 49ers out of spite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Kiko is cheap at least, which is a good reason to keep him but w/e. I think they won't try to trade anybody to the 49ers out of spite.
    Baalke is an asshole, but he's not stupid. He'd never accept such trades anyway, regardless of what Chip wants.

I mean, depending on the compensation it might actually make sense for the Dolphins in a weird way. They'd probably get value from the deal, in the sense that the players they get are better than you might logically expect at whatever draft pick position they are giving up.

I've also just looked at Maxwell's deal, and it's actually pretty okay for the Dolphins after the trade. The real problem money is already gone and they;d be able to cut him pretty much at will every year, and if he performs (big IF after last year) he's only costing them about 10M a year too.

It's just that the Dolphins would probably be better off long term if they got young, cheap draft players in the building that they coach up. Dolphins seem to think they are in win now mode, when their record over the last few years indicate they're not realistically even in the competition.

Adam Gase is set up to fail this way. He's expected to take an older, contract heavy roster with less depth and win immediately, and win big. He'll need to be a spectacular coach to satisfy those demands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maxwell has been informed he is being traded, so we can chalk that one down as a confirmed deal.

Turns out the Raiders paid Lofton 3.5 mil last month due to an arm injury and are looking for his replacement. Sneaky way for us to get compensatory picks.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the NFL.com writers suggested the Saints think about signing Ladarius Green on the cheap. In SD he always left everyone wanting more, never quite lived up to expectations, but New Orleans could be a good fit if they can make better use of his abilities. Of course we thought the same thing about Spiller and that only worked out in the Dallas game.

- - - Updated - - -

Laurinaitis is still visiting teams which means the Saints didn't persuade him to stick with them, which is good, don't want him.

10+ Year Old Account
    He should go into the family business. His dad and uncle have a lot of pull.

He was considering it during the lockout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

Would be surprised if the Jets don't ink a deal with him seeing as he just gave him their best season in a long time. Going back to Geno would be a huge step backward IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Randall ordered to inpatient facility for mentla health

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...ent/ar-BBqs5Oj

I really hope he takes it up and makes the most of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then:

"Tennessee finalizing deal for Eagles RB DeMarco Murray, league sources tell ESPN. Trade expected to be complete for new league year Weds"

Schefter source.

So, on a serious note, aren't the Eagles just as bad right now as Kelly was last year? They're shipping out talent left and right. How is that any better than what Kelly did? They're still breaking down a roster that had been broken down pretty much before already. You'd think they did what Kelly didn't do, and was rightly criticized for, which is make the parts work until you can replace them. Instead it's quite literally a fire sale of everything that Kelly brought in.

The Eagles may have dumped Kelly, but I don't think they got any better with it if this is their reaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Colts keep TE Dwayne Allen:

"It's a four-year, $29.4M deal for Colts TE Dwayne Allen, with $12M paid out in year one, $17M through year two. He had 16 catches last year."

16 catches for 109 yards and 1 TD last year, and now he's getting more money than Gronk over the next 4 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eagles are un-chipping the team.This is going to be another off season roller coaster for us Eagles fan. On the plus side Murray ain't going to the cowboys(yet.) I think we're just scared of big name talent players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sats View Post
    Eagles are un-chipping the team.This is going to be another off season roller coaster for us Eagles fan. On the plus side Murray ain't going to the cowboys(yet.) I think we're just scared of big name talent players.
    All the trades seem to be for draftpicks, so I guess the idea is to just build from the draft and do it slowly. Eagles have some definite holes, and are creating even more by letting players go in trades.

What's the feeling in Philly about what the expectations for the Eagles should be? Cause from an outside perspective, they seem to be in a definite rebuilding mode and giving up on competing this year.

All the trades seem to be for draftpicks, so I guess the idea is to just build from the draft and do it slowly. Eagles have some definite holes, and are creating even more by letting players go in trades.

What's the feeling in Philly about what the expectations for the Eagles should be? Cause from an outside perspective, they seem to be in a definite rebuilding mode and giving up on competing this year.
    Speaking as someone who has lived in Philly his whole life. The Sixers are tanking. The Phillies are gonna suck. The Flyers are slowly rebuilding. We cant have the Eagles actually trying to be good now can we?

10+ Year Old Account

I talked to co-workers and friends and the feeling is mostly so-so. This season was Murray worst season,But look how the offence was built. I mean if he wasn't on the team roster no one would notice the difference. We might get Mariota which would be a middle finger to chip since he tried so hard to get him last season with the trade deals and all.

But from we see it it's just rebuilding to a 4-3 defense and trying to get Sam to a franchise QB. He shows potential to be great QB seeing how he did late in the season. Also giving on the coaches we hired they can help him I could see that. But the one rule we eagles fan have is to have low expectations and just see it through.

But I have to say it's going to be another one of those off seasons and just see how it goes. But like you also said I think it just doing to stuff for better picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    Speaking as someone who has lived in Philly his whole life. The Sixers are tanking. The Phillies are gonna suck. The Flyers are slowly rebuilding. We cant have the Eagles actually trying to be good now can we?
    Their must always be Drama in Philadelphia.. At least the flyers show some progress considering the win streaks and losing streak. As for the sixers, I can't even think right when that teams name pop out.
    Last edited by sats; 2016-03-08 at 02:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure hope that the Titans utilize Murray better than the Eagles did last year.

Dunno why DeAngelo Williams decided to come out with this statement. Everyone knows that Peyton didn't really play that great this season, why come out and say it again when the guy retires?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eyton-manning/

Also, there's this:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/d...message-030716

Not even going to touch the whole HGH thing but...why oh why does Cam Newton type like a 12 year old?