Page 3 of 477 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Think that would go to Roddy White.
    Meh, he wasn;t that surprising. Old, pretty hefty pay. I'm thinking more someone that's good, but expensive on a team that's in cap trouble. I was looking at a list of teams with most cap problems earlier, and I think the Jets might come with a surprise cut. They're pretty up against the cap, and they have Mo Wilkerson's contract to take care of. Would not surprise me to see someone let go there, specifically their C Mangold. He's getting up there in age, hefty pay, slightly declining play, more easily replacable position then say Brandon Marshall would be. And he fits surprise factor cause most people will know who he is and as a Jet for life so far I don't think anyone expects it.

Sorry, have a bit of a boner for him since there's a snowball's chance in hell he'd end up in New England.
    New England where old receivers come to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Meh, he wasn;t that surprising. Old, pretty hefty pay. I'm thinking more someone that's good, but expensive on a team that's in cap trouble. I was looking at a list of teams with most cap problems earlier, and I think the Jets might come with a surprise cut. They're pretty up against the cap, and they have Mo Wilkerson's contract to take care of. Would not surprise me to see someone let go there, specifically their C Mangold. He's getting up there in age, hefty pay, slightly declining play, more easily replacable position then say Brandon Marshall would be. And he fits surprise factor cause most people will know who he is and as a Jet for life so far I don't think anyone expects it.

New England where old receivers come to die.
    Hmm, Mangold would be a pretty big surprise.

I'd be ok with White for two good seasons, right before he rides off into the sunset of a chariot made of superbowl rings

- - - Updated - - -

But seriously. No Ridley please. I don't think there's been a Patriot I've cursed more than him (aside from Cannon and Flemming this year)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I'm gonna do the Superbowl Halftime Show.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure any cuts were that surprising, Cameron Wake could be going soon, but even that wouldn't be a big surprise, 34 and coming off a major injury.

Reports out of Denver are leaning towards Peyton making his decision public on Monday or Tuesday (obviously) and that even his agent has no idea what his decision is and "knows better than to ask".

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...make-move-soon

Even if the Broncos do release Peyton it definitely seems as though he will want to keep playing Football and it's likely he doesn't care where he plays but might prefer somewhere with warmer weather (old man brittle bones and all). I'm leaning towards Peyton not retiring, going to some other team at a discounted price (even if he IS Peyton Manning) and probably getting injured to the point of forcing retirement (which will be sad).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-keep-playing/

Alright, maybe we can do some prognosticating on the eve of Free Agency. List time!

The questions:

1) Which Free Agent will sign the biggest contract?

2) Which team will "win" Free Agency? (Improve most I mean)

3) Which Free Agent do you hope your team keeps on the team?

4) Who do you think your team signs from elsewhere?
    1) If the Broncos don't sign Ware outright I think he has a very strong argument for a big contract. Doug Martin also has a chance to score really big.

2) I'd lean more towards a team like LA Rams since they have a lot to prove going back to LA and their owner definitely wants to be a contender.

3) Obviously I hope we keep Ware with Miller getting the franchise tag.

4) If we don't seal up Osweiler I think the Broncos could definitely have a fair shot at RG3 (which is funny to say because RG3 has basically done nothing since his rookie year but certainly has the right mindset for the new Broncos offense).
    Last edited by Woz; 2016-03-06 at 06:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Reports out of Denver are leaning towards Peyton making his decision public on Monday or Tuesday (obviously) and that even his agent has no idea what his decision is and "knows better than to ask".

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...make-move-soon

Even if the Broncos do release Peyton it definitely seems as though he will want to keep playing Football and it's likely he doesn't care where he plays but might prefer somewhere with warmer weather (old man brittle bones and all). I'm leaning towards Peyton not retiring, going to some other team at a discounted price (even if he IS Peyton Manning) and probably getting injured to the point of forcing retirement (which will be sad).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-keep-playing/
    Can we just send him off to the Browns? :P
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I'm pretty sure Peyton would retire before going to the Browns. He wants to actually play good Football....not....Cleveland Browns Football.

10+ Year Old Account
    In theory, Peyton had the option to remain with the Broncos, if he passed on that chance it wouldn't be to play for the Browns.

I'd have to think LA or NY would be where he'd want to go. Jets seems kind of out of the blue but they have receivers and defense and they don't play the Giants next year, chance to share a city and a stadium with his brother without competing against him might be enticing. He passed on the Jets before, but they have more talent on the offensive side of the ball than they did in 2011-2012. Of course their cap situation is a disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    You're....you're not going to comment on the name of the thread? I figured you of all people would find it amusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    In theory, Peyton had the option to remain with the Broncos, if he passed on that chance it wouldn't be to play for the Browns.

I'd have to think LA or NY would be where he'd want to go. Jets seems kind of out of the blue but they have receivers and defense and they don't play the Giants next year, chance to share a city and a stadium with his brother without competing against him might be enticing. He passed on the Jets before, but they have more talent on the offensive side of the ball than they did in 2011-2012. Of course their cap situation is a disaster.
    Yeah, Jets probably don;t have the cap situation to even get Manning on the team, unless they make VERY serious changes....in which case Manning would probably not be interested anymore.

Would be hilarious though. Manning all like: Everyone thought last year's AFCC game was the last Brady-Manning? Screw you guys, I'm going to his division and playing him at least twice next year, JUST TO SPITE YOU GUYS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be hilarious though. Manning all like: Everyone thought last year's AFCC game was the last Brady-Manning? Screw you guys, I'm going to his division and playing him at least twice next year, JUST TO SPITE YOU GUYS.
    They could work it, but it would mean turning a bunch of high guaranteed salaries into signing bonuses and pushing cap numbers into the future and making this essentially a one year run for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Whether they sign Manning or Fitzpatrick, the Jets need to do something to make cap room for a QB.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nce-retirement

Looks like we'll know tomorrow, one way or another.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, maybe we can do some prognosticating on the eve of Free Agency. List time!

The questions:

1) Which Free Agent will sign the biggest contract?

2) Which team will "win" Free Agency? (Improve most I mean)

3) Which Free Agent do you hope your team keeps on the team?

4) Who do you think your team signs from elsewhere?
    1.) Lamar Miller.
    2.)Not a lot of teams are in the red net expenses. I don't think the free agency markete is that good this year. No team will have an edge.
    3.) The bengals need to sign the youthful players in their prime. THEY MUST SIGN George Iloka and Marvin Jones. Everyone else would be nice, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't sign them.
    4.) The bengals rarely make big splashes in FA. But I could see them picking up James Larenkissis and Roddy White for cheap.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nce-retirement

Looks like we'll know tomorrow, one way or another.
    I was just about to post that too.

Instead I'll post every single NFL record Peyton holds (it's a lot).

1. NFL career passing touchdown record: 539
    2. Most passing yards, career: 71,940
    3. Single season touchdown record (2013): 55
    4. Most passing yards, season (2013): 5,477
    5. Most wins (including playoffs): 200
    6. Most games throwing for 300+ yards: 93
    7. Most passing touchdowns in a single game (tied, 2013): 7
    8. Most games with a passing rating higher than 105: 97
    9. Most games with a perfect passer rating of 158.3: 5
    10. Most seasons with 350+ completions: 10
    11. Most games completing 80-percent passing: 19
    12. Most game-winning drives: 56
    13. Most comeback wins: 45
    14. Highest completion percentage in a postseason game with 450+ yards (2005): 81.8
    15. Highest yards-per-game, season (2013): 342.31
    16. Most games with 4+ touchdown passes: 25
    17. Most seasons passing for 4,000+ yards: 14
    18. Most consecutive seasons with 25+ touchdowns: 13
    19. One of two quarterbacks to ever beat all 32 teams (along with Brett Favre)
    20. First quarterback to beat 31 franchises: 2007
    21. Most Associated Press NFL MVP awards: 5 (2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2013)
    22. Only QB to ever win a Super Bowl with two different franchises

Peyton actually has more records held than years in the NFL (18), which is insane considering the types of records he's shattered. If he doesn't get into HoF the first year he's eligible I'll actually take a dump in my pants and wear them for a week.
    Last edited by Woz; 2016-03-06 at 03:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the talk seems to be expecting him to announce his retirement tomorrow. Possibly with a 1 day Colts contract.

I guess they couldn't wait until tomorrow....

Peyton retires after 18 years.

Report on Denver Broncos official site:
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...3-0f891f9dc4d2

Colts video tribute:
    http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/P...d-8649ce7b94fc

Official announcement by Manning at a Broncos press conference tomorrow (3/7/2016) at 1PM EST.

https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt/sta...89454157029376
    Last edited by Woz; 2016-03-06 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn.
    The NFL is gonna be weird without him around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn.
    The NFL is gonna be weird without him around.
    Dont worry, He'll still be in the nationwide and Papa JOhns commercials!

but yeah, gonna start a new era soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    You say that like he won't be in every commercial break.

Crissi beat me to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the Dolphins went full retard with Suh's restructure, turning almost his entire salary into bonuses that will tie them down and give them future $26mil and $28mil cap hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Dont worry, He'll still be in the nationwide and Papa JOhns commercials!

but yeah, gonna start a new era soon.
    Not only that but I definitely can see Peyton going into some kind of coaching or coordinator position sooner than later considering how great he is at reading defenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, he decided to do it on the week-end. That's unexpected. On the other hand this does mean that the stories about it will get drowned out by the oncoming free agency period. He probably did that on purpose, though not sure why, it;s not like he has ever shied away from attention.

Anyway, farewell Manning, you've had one hell of a career!

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, well, it seems I was right in the end afterall. The legal tampering period is TWO days this year and starts on Monday. I'm okay with starting the thread early though, cause otherwise we wouldn;t have had Manning's retirement in the new thread, which kind of shapes the off season in a big part as well.

Anyway, article with the details: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...pering-period/

Teams can do MUCH more than they could in previous years too, what's mostly prohibited is the actual signing of any agreement and paying to bring a player over to your facility while he's still under contract.

Not exactly sure how this doesn't just make the free agency period begin Monday in full effect, but w/e, I'm not a NFL exec, so what do I know. Seems to me though this is just asking to have teams and agents start doing business before the legal tampering period starts, moving the goal posts again. Unless the NFL starts enforcing these rules it's just going to continually creep forward.