Poll: Should Elite Conquest gear be available outside of PvP ?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Should Elite Conquest gear be available outside of PvP ?

Would you support the availability of Elite Conquest-quality gear from other sources, outside of PvP? That is, provided the activity requires the same amount of time and effort to complete as PvPing.

• Crafting
    • Dungeons
    • PvE
    • ETC

Personally I vote yes. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to obtain the best equipment in the game if you spend several hours each day gathering rare reagents or running Mythic dungeons with your friends. As long as you invest time and effort, PvP shouldn't be the only route towards the best loot.

No.

All that would do is remove incentive from pvp.

Deleted
    10/10 troll mate. Shows how ridiculous the people are who want mythic gear outside of mythic raids. Give them their 1% chance on mythic ilvl loot in mythic dungeons and that's it. Current ilvl system in mythic dungeons is pretty good.

You forgot the "what ho", it always makes me giggle

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    No.

But pvp shouldn't be about gear, it should be about having fun, and competing.

I think that people wanting ALL rewards for playing solo should go play a single-player RPG. This is just as moronic as the notion that Mythic raiding gear should be available to you even if you never set foot inside a raid with a team.

Solo play already rewards gear, of the appropriate power considering what it takes to obtain said gear.

While I doubt the OP is sincere, there's TONS of people supporting this model.

Or maybe I should be able to get the saddles needed to buy those PVP mounts from...grinding level 100 mobs for 10 hours? Yesh! Gief!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-03-06 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    But pvp shouldn't be about gear, it should be about having fun, and competing.
    Hard to have fun if fewer people are pvping.

This smells like a parody.. hmmm... I'd still say yes, just so all things are equal

Hard to have fun if fewer people are pvping.
    Why would that reduce number of people pvping ?

Elite Conquest gear is no more

If this thread is actually trying to make a point and isn't just an attempt to bait people, then it's a rather flawed analogy. That other similar thread is not titled "should the mythic Archimonde mount and title be available outside of PvE".

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Elite Conquest gear is no more
    We can extend it to other things, such as tabards, weapon tmogs, etc.

I'll say yes, given that PvP gear should absolutely be stat neutral. That's pretty much baseline in any competent game system.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Why would that reduce number of people pvping ?
    Why would it not? If a player can gear up his pvp set outside of pvp, he does not have to pvp as much during that gearing process. Common sense is hard I suppose.

Why would it not? If a player can gear up his pvp set outside of pvp, he does not have to pvp as much during that gearing process. Common sense is hard I suppose.
    Which really points to the fact that those people consider pvp itself to not be all that entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Which really points to the fact that those people consider pvp itself to not be all that entertaining.
    No, it does not. No one cares to anything in WoW if there are no beneficial rewards involved, whether it is raiding, pvping, dailies, dungeons, etc. If they can go craft an item instead of pvping with substandard gear, that is what they will do. Path of least resistance.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Wonder if you have the same opinion about mythic gear.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

No, it does not. No one cares to anything in WoW if there are no beneficial rewards involved, whether it is raiding, pvping, dailies, dungeons, etc. If they can go craft an item instead of pvping with substandard gear, that is what they will do. Path of least resistance.
    So your argument is "no, because PvE players do it too?". I know that, and it isn't much of an argument.

Deleted
    Elite conquest gear is something a npc offers for some secret currency. It really should stay this and there must be more style-choices.