Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the term "racism" is pretty clearly defined, it is just that people misuse it a lot, as they do every term used commonly.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I think the term "racism" is pretty clearly defined, it is just that people misuse it a lot, as they do every term used commonly.
    Sometimes maybe, but I don't think you're doing any harm by mislabeling bigots as racist and vice versa. I don't discriminate, I see both as equals.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Sometimes maybe, but I don't think you're doing any harm by mislabeling bigots as racist and vice versa. I don't discriminate, I see both as equals.
    Bigot is probably one of the more stupid terms that exists. "Omg, you don't respect my opinion".

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    Bigot is probably one of the more stupid terms that exists. "Omg, you don't respect my opinion".
    It's actually far from stupid.

Full Definition of bigot. : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    It's actually far from stupid.
    3 guesses why she doesn't like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    That's not what that word means at all....
    If something isn't compatible with my view of how society should look, that doesn't mean it's bigoted to not accept that. It specifically states unfairly dislikes but people insist on using it even when there's a fair dislike.

its this simple fact

truth hurts

If something isn't compatible with my view of how society should look, that doesn't mean it's bigoted to not accept that. It specifically states unfairly dislikes but people insist on using it even when there's a fair dislike.
    yeah well you've also defended and endorsed Stalinism on several occasions so I think its safe to say your view of what constitutes "fair dislike" is more than a little warped.

Deleted
    yeah well you've also defended and endorsed Stalinism on several occasions so I think its safe to say your view of what constitutes "fair dislike" is more than a little warped.
    Your bigotry towards my opinions are showing. You're unfairly disliking my opinions based on someone not related to me, that's also prejudice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I think racism is being bigoted with regards to a certain race. There are other kinds of "bigotism": sexism, nationalism, chauvinism, xenophobia, etc... I consider "patriotism" to be in this list too, which makes quite a lot of people upset.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Your bigotry towards my opinions are showing. You're unfairly disliking my opinions based on someone not related to me, that's also prejudice.
    Yup, I'm bigoted against Stalinism. You got me.

Deleted
    Yup, I'm bigoted against Stalinism. You got me.
    Religions are used for the protection of exploitation and stupefaction of the worker class, so forgive me if I don't like them.

Not long ago someone posted a video on how intelligence is different between races. That asians are smarter than whites (I won't write the other conclusion because then people won't bother to read till end).

The replies against this vid were not to the subject. They just colored it "racist" and be done with it. Didn't even bothered to refute the claims. Later a mod closed it due to "racism". This can only teach you one thing (whether you agree with vid or not) = you cannot have a serious discussed about this subject due to politically correctness.

On another matter:
    I noticed that black people are better in running, jumping and sport overall. I once saw a show on this that claimed its because their physiology is a bit different (better). I guess if that show would be today, it would be labeled as "racist" ...(or maybe racism only work in one specific direction).

Religions are used for the protection of exploitation and stupefaction of the worker class, so forgive me if I don't like them.
    Really takes the wind out of the sails of the HMS Moral Highground when your proposed solution to bad systems is an endorsement of Stalinism.

Yup, that's an opinion.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Really takes the wind out of the sails of the HMS Moral Highground when your proposed solution to bad systems is an endorsement of Stalinism.
    There's a point where you're only left with two options, let the religions continue what they are already doing or revolt against them and get rid of them. It's not more moral to let them continue what they're doing.

There's a point where you're only left with two options, let the religions continue what they are already doing or revolt against them and get rid of them.
    Takes a special kind of special to think that the status quo is worse than a Stalinist state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holas View Post
    Not long ago someone posted a video on how intelligence is different between races. That asians are smarter than whites (I won't write the other conclusion because then people won't bother to read till end).

The replies against this vid were not to the subject. They just colored it "racist" and be done with it. Didn't even bothered to refute the claims. Later a mod closed it due to "racism". This can only teach you one thing (whether you agree with vid or not) = you cannot have a serious discussed about this subject due to politically correctness.

On another matter:
    I noticed that black people are better in running, jumping and sport overall. I once saw a show on this that claimed its because their physiology is a bit different (better). I guess if that show would be today, it would be labeled as "racist" ...(or maybe racism only work in one specific direction).
    This is a shaky ground. When I say, "Black people averagely have lower salary in the US than white people", it is not racism, it is just a fact coming from certain surveys and statistics. However, when I say, "Black people averagely have lower salary in the US than white people, because black people are less intelligent" - it gets very close to racism. I'd say it depends on whether you consider these connections to be correlative or causative. If you say, "Black people have lower salary averagely, because history, etc., etc.", "Black people are better at running averagely, because genes, etc., etc." - that is fine. But saying, "Black people have lower salary because they are black", or "Black people are better at running because they are black" - this is kinda racist.

The problem is, political correctness principle makes many people always suspect the worst assumptions behind people's words, so you can be labeled racist even when you were actually speaking out against racism by mocking it.

Deleted
    Takes a special kind of special to think that the status quo is worse than a Stalinist state.
    No, all it takes is for the people who support marxism to actually act on their ideology. Without the left-wing in Sweden, we'd still be subject to the church.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-03-06 at 10:26 AM.

Deleted
    Never understood the logic behind "racism will go away when we stop talking about it".

Seems to presuppose that everyone who acts racist and every system that operates in a racist manner just can't help themselves because people talk about it.
    The trick lies in self control where you dont talk about racism even when it's right in front of you.
    It's kind of like a those verbal bullies who keep calling you names to lure your attention in order to feel better about themselves at your expense.
    Once you gain enough self control you then gain an ability to choose what offends you and what not.
    If you choose not to be offended by racist remarks than racism will stop being an issue for you altogether.
    That's why white people arent even least bit phased when they're called crackers.