Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    The difference is that at least you have something that can look for potential threats at binary files, if you're not stupid enough to whitelist suspicious things.

Problem will always be the user, to be honest I don't even know how people can get malware at Windows nowadays. Common sense is and will always be the best "anti-virus" you can have.
    Yep .. but there's plenty of sneaky ways to get stuff installed without realizing what you've done.
    As I said the biggest failure of security aren't the devices.. they are the users.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    You can't even download Apps from random sources at iOS unless you do something else that normal users don't do (jailbreak it), and at Android where things are more open you still need to activate it at the developer options and tick a box that clearly says "install apps from untrusted sources" and even then the system will still tell you everything that this untrusted APK wants to do before even installing so I really, really, want to know how people can get malware at phones.
    To be fair, and this goes for iOS and Android, there's plenty of malware that hitches along with other installable files and yes it does view what it requires but like ToS and EULAs ... people generally do not read them and just press OK.

Because many people download cracked APKs (and iOS equivalent) and install it so they don't have to pay and then get spammed by shit.

That however is the beauty of a OnePlus phone... even if you manage to totally wreck the OS and partitions they can recover with a re-flash even in critical condition and without voiding any sort of warranty either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    I see a lot recommending this phone, and while its a good phone, no SD card slot kills it in the mid-ranged smart phone market. You end up paying more just for the 32gb model, which for some isn't still enough. SD card slots in mid-ranged phones are almost a must.

I mean for 300 dollars and 60 dollars for a micro SD card, I could have an 128gb+ storage in my phone. That only comes internally on the highest end phones currently. To most people, having more storage is better then a slightly better CPU.
    I recommend the Asus ZenFone 2 ZE551ML. It even has an active CyanogenMod community, along with SD Card, 1080P display, and a pretty fast SOC. It's also x86.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    There's quite a few malware on OSX ... it just pales in comparison to Windows because Windows owns what? 92% of the entire PC market?
    It would make no sense to focus all efforts on OSX vs. Windows with that overwhelming amount of cash-cow possibilities.
    Hence why I said Windows Phone is more secure. It's not REALLY more secure, but it's not full of the same crap that Android deals with. Simply because hackers aren't interested in a ecosystem that 5 people use. If Microsoft gave a free copy of Halo 5 for Windows Phone and everyone went and bought it, then it'll get hacked to hell and back.

Windows Phone is a dead end. It isn't ever going to go anywhere. That includes the hackers. Nobody uses it, no apps made for it, no hackers will hack it. It's a self perpetuating cycle. It's the same for Linux. According to this chart, Windows Phone is dead. Jeanericuser001
    , stop trying to raise the dead.

I see a lot recommending this phone, and while its a good phone, no SD card slot kills it in the mid-ranged smart phone market. You end up paying more just for the 32gb model, which for some isn't still enough. SD card slots in mid-ranged phones are almost a must.

I mean for 300 dollars and 60 dollars for a micro SD card, I could have an 128gb+ storage in my phone. That only comes internally on the highest end phones currently. To most people, having more storage is better then a slightly better CPU.
    Yes, the storage may cause some issues, but I myself never used more than 8gb, then again, I rarely take a picture or consume media on a phone.

Zenfone has a really awful speaker, i was looking at one til i saw reviews. Hands down the best budget smartphone atm is alcatel one touch idol 3, nothing comes remotely close to it for the dollar. If you arent tied into a contract you can get one through cricket for 100 bucks, insane value. Unlocked they are around 220 now i believe, which is still a deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats a SD card, the phone requires a Micro SD card.
    Yeah you're right.

What type of screen protector is best?

I see this one on Ebay
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Premium-Tempe...0AAOSwh-1W5zaW

Then there's this one which says anti glare..but doesn't that affect the clarity of the screen?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-pcs-Anti-gl...kAAOSwiLdWAcch

10+ Year Old Account
    Best screen protector is to buy a decent phone with Gorilla Glass.

Modern phones do not need screen protectors tbh. Gorilla glass is ridiculously durable, i gave my mother my old LG G2 and she probably drops that thing daily the screen is still brand new looking lol. And that is only gorilla glass 2. i think were on 4 now.

Yeah, but if you ever lay your phone down face first on a non-clean, non-smooth surface, you will get scratches if that phone ever moves sideways.
    I refuse screen protectors and run a flip case instead, but I remove it whenever I'm annoyed at the flipping. So it sometimes gets put down where it shouldn't. I have a few deep scratches despite gorilla glass 3. Luckily it's just outside of the actual screen so it doesn't bother me all too much.
    Also, my z3c was incredibly durable until it fell exactly face first, and even then it was just a 20cm drop. A tempered glass on top of it would have saved it.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2016-03-26 at 10:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use my Note 4 without a case and without anything on its screen. It did drop several times over the past year and at one of those drops it gave the camera glass a crack. Actual screen is perfectly fine and there isn't a single scratch.

What you shouldn't do by any means is drop your phone at sand, that's the weak point.

10+ Year Old Account

Won't a screen protector take a lot of impact if the phone is dropped?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're really this worried about the screen and can't trust Gorilla Glass, buy this phone.
    Indestructible plastic wins against falls.