Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    http://goo.gl/GDXfGc

I had a lot of fun with Fable back in the day. It had pretty immersive gameplay. Things started going south from Fable 3.

I also enjoyed Black & White - very unique game. Wonder why they never developed the franchise further.

Thanks Lionshead and Peter Molyneux for the wonderful games. Hope everyone impacted at Lionshead get placed soon.
    See I always felt like the game didn't deliver. You were basically promised to be a demon or an angel depending on your choices, but by the time you were (1) it wasn't all that impressive (2) the game was over.

I always feel for people that lose their jobs as a result of corporate monsters, not criticizing the game, not even criticizing Microsoft... but it sucks to lose your job simply because the numbers don't add up, because clearly these guys are/were talented. Good luck to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Their games were good but so over hyped nothing in this world could live up to it.
    That's Moulineux' M.O. I still have the official xbox magazine way back from the XVI century when he stated we'd have horses in Fable 1, every trees' leaves would behave independently and each NPC would carry on with their own lives in paralel with the players creating a huge lively world.

Spoiler alert: that wasn't true.

Yet Fable 1 was still an immensely enjoyable game, albeit short.

Fable 2 was a bit... quirky, and that ending was one of the most anticlimatic things I've seen, ever.

Fable 3 was meh at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Fable 3 was meh at best.
    I actually thought Fable 3 was pretty damn good up until it suddenly skips months at a time and the apocalypse is at your doorstep.

The way the major evil forces were introduced was handled spectacularly well in Fable 3. They were creepy, they felt like a real threat, and they gave your brother's actions some genuine humanity and you felt some sympathy for him. But then you get distracted by political bullshit for a little bit and then judgment day comes with little warning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loves black and white

10+ Year Old Account
    So the lies finally caught up with Molyneux.

It's a shame, Fable was a solid series, wish we could have had ONE game that lived up to the claims he made when announcing them though
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    So the lies finally caught up with Molyneux.

It's a shame, Fable was a solid series, wish we could have had ONE game that lived up to the claims he made when announcing them though
    Molyneux left Lionhead almost 4 years ago. He had little to no involvement with Fable Legends, as far as I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still got CD with Fable Lost Chapters, and even installed on my PC. I really love first game, and i gonna buy revamp on steam soon. Same with first game.

But Second fable which is not released on PC, third fable was not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Molyneux left Lionhead almost 4 years ago. He had little to no involvement with Fable Legends, as far as I know.
    So how is Godus going?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So how is Godus going?
    Base game is apparently largely abandoned but "still being worked on", and they're doing some sort of spinoff game or something. And the Curiosity winner still hasn't received his prize.

Hmm I kinda liked Fable 1, but I remember being very dissapointed because he promised so much more for f1 which was all cancelled in the end. I couldn't even get through the pc version.. f3?

Thread title is misleading, there is nothing RIP about Fable, it's still an IP MS owns that has been successful.

Maybe now it will move into the hands of a more competent studio, after the first all Lionhead has done is drive Fable further into the ground with each iteration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Utterly disappointed. I've been a fan of the Fable franchise since Fable II and still go back to play the trilogy every now and then.

Such a damn shame the world of Fable will never see it's conclusion, with many cliffhangers being left unresolved.

When I saw Legends was canceled I was glad at first (I'm in the beta, it's fucking terrible), but then I found out the entire studio died with that failure of a game...

I guess I should have seen this back when Molyneux left, something always felt off about the team since then, they lacked the same passion.

Deleted
    Aw. Really loved the black and white series when growing up. Always hoped a little we'd someday see a B&W3. Alas.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    Aw. Really loved the black and white series when growing up. Always hoped a little we'd someday see a B&W3. Alas.
    Yes, black and white rather stands alone. From dust is sort of the same genre but it has none of the fun.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I absolutely loved the Black & White series, and whatever your or my opinion of Molyneux may be, I can't help but feel sorry for the developers and staff at Lionshead who're about to lose their jobs.

Game Development is a very competitive industry, and always very demanding. The studio clearly wouldn't compete well enough for Microsoft to see any future in it. It's a real shame, as I'd love to see more U.K. based Game Development Studios.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Thread title is misleading, there is nothing RIP about Fable, it's still an IP MS owns that has been successful.
    You have to wonder how the Fable series will go from here though. The studio closing could just mean a closure to consolidate resources, and move those willing to move onto other projects elsewhere in the Microsoft Game Development Team(s), or, otherwise it would mean that much of the skill, understand and those involved in creating Fable are now out of that loop, and that could spell the end for the series.

Personally, I couldn't ever get that into Fable. Lovely game, amazing stuff, but I just found it all a bit to repetitive and boring for me personally. What the game represents for me though, how it worked as an RPG, it was awesome, but I couldn't get get myself to fall in love with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    I have adblock enabled, you got any link from a decent website that doesn't block content?

Also, Fable sucked after the first one.
    While I agree, the second one wasn't all TOO bad, better than the third, atleast. But worse than the first.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

There was certainly some creativity from the studio.

Fable series has sucked for the past few instalments.

Can't say I was looking forward to Legends. Lionshead should've been making Black and White 3 instead!

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Meh. That's about all I can say about Lionhead and Fable. That new Fable spin off MOBA or w/e the hell it was looked horrible, and Lionhead haven't really made anything noteworthy besides that awful series in 10+ years, so no big loss IMO.

Deleted

aaaaaaaaaaah