RAM: CORSAIR Vengence LPX 16GB(2x8GB) Cas14
    Case: CORSAIR Air540
    KeyB: CORSAIR K70
    Mouse: Logitech G502
    SSD: SAMSUNG 950PRO 256GB
    HDD: Western Digital 5TB
    UPS: APC BR1500G
    Screen: BenQ XL2420G

My biggest uncertainty right now are Monitor, Case, and Motherboard. I'm not sure if Z170-A and Corsair Air540 are correct choices.

My previous case was(is) CoolerMaster Stacker, Aluminum, Full Tower. It has served me well for coming on 9 years, with only major issue being front I/O panel had to be re-soldered. I liked having lots of room to mess around in and figure stuff out, especially for my first build. Ultimately though all that room was not used so for a new build I'd like to go with a midTower and save some space.

For motherboard, I don't plan to be doing much, if any, overcloaking (OCing would be something I'd do out of boredom/to experiment, not really to try to push the limits of my PC). So while I do not care much about those features, I do care about certain hardware features that I could use or would likely be using in the future, such as latest USBs, M.2/U.2 (still figuring this one out), WiFi, Lan, etc.

My current monitor is Samsung PX2370. I'd like to stay with similar size, so no more than 24" screen size and continue on with 1920x1080 native resolution. The obvious upgrades I'm looking for are response time, 144refresh rate, g-sync, and any picture quality I can get. I'd love to have an IPS panel, but wouldn't sacrifice performance for it. So BenQ XL2420G has all of that, but I feel like there aren't much choices that fit my description. And this BenQ model came out over a year ago. Perhaps I'm better off waiting a few months for something better?

I also have minor concerns around my SSD and UPS. I'd like to take advantage of the NVME interface of Samsung 980 PRO, but is it fully supported by Z170-A? I saw something about M.2 sharing PCIe lane with GPU.
    I currently have an APC BR1000G. I've had no issues with it. I planned on getting APC BR1500G for the new PC. There doesn't seem to be many options in terms of competition/manufacturers here. About the only counterpart I found was CyberLink CP1500PFCLCD. Should I stick with APC or try out the CyberLink one or perhaps something else entirely?

Thank you for your time folks!
    Last edited by Taras; 2016-03-07 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I hope the VGA is supposed to be at least a 970 and you just mistyped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why the GTX 670?
    Typo. Sorry. Fixed.

Deleted
    Thats all good but you missed the most important info. What are you going to be using the pc for? Just gaming? You going to stream, recording, pro/ligh video rendering? Where are you located and whats the budget in your local currency. Maybe you can make something better tailored to your needs. To start, without knowing budget obviously, why not go with a 25" 1440p monitor instead of 144hz that most likely your gpu won't hit with AAA titles on max settings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Locked. No need for two threads.